Cruise Line Easy Air

JandKCruisers

We booked our November 2020 cruise air transportation with Princess, today, New Years day.  We were concerned because our cruise disembarks on the day before Thanksgiving.  They sent us an email saying we could go ahead this morning and book online.  We were able to book on our preferred class, preferred airline, our preferred time and date, at a remarkable price in less than ten minutes on line.  We are almost giddy.  Our typical experiences include Celebrity, which had fares triple what we had paid to leave Santiago, Chile, to return a year later, to complete circumnavigating South America.  We cancelled that cruise since the airfare was more than the two week cruise.  Our experience with Norwegian is waiting on a phone for four hours until we just gave up and cancelled that cruise.

We learned our lesson on a Princess cruise from California to Tahiti and back.  They had to divert to the Marquees Islands to save a crew member's life.  (Thanks Captain Justin).  We were 24 hours late and missed our self-booked flights.  Those on Princess air were automatically rebooked.   We had to wait hours for the two deep ocean phone lines to rebook directly ourselves.  When we found out how much we had overpaid compare to passengers who used Princess air, we were TWICE as upset.  Our hats off to Princess EZ Air!

I do love EZ Air too.  Hey, I was on that cruise.  It sure was chaos on board, but I am glad he saved the crew member's life. I did not get to a phone until the 5th day, but I am local to port of LA, so I did not have the urgency other passengers had.   I will never forget that.

• Haha 1

JandKCruisers...glad that everything went smoothly for you. 

If you booked Flexible EZair you can continue to periodically check for better prices or better flights.  We’ve had as much as a 60% airfare reduction with better flights after booking about 11 months in advance.

Several years ago Carnival Corporation combined the buying power of all their cruise lines to get some amazing airfares.  For our November cruise a good flight from LA to Rome dropped to $171 for economy class seats.  We flew home from FLL on 12/2 instead of on 12/1 because it was the Sunday after Thanksgiving & Port Everglades set a world record of over 55,000 passengers arriving & departing the port.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Haha 1

Does anyone know if you can get EZ Air one way?  We're going out of Southern California and would prefer Southwest because they don't charge for bags- returning from Vancouver the flights are kind of spendy though.  Just wondering if anyone has had success with one way EZ Air (Utilizing Portland, OR Airport).  

30 minutes ago, holomuku said:

Great, thanks for the speedy reply.  I don't see a way to do it in the Cruise Personalizer-- should I call them?  Or ask my TA?

Thank you!  And Happy New Year!

When viewing a cruise select the Flight Quotes option or on the CP select Travel to see flight options.  In this screenshot for my return day I selected PDX which had a cheapest price of $168 (Flexible) or $177 (restricted) which has been routine for me.

We always make our Flexible EZair reservations through the CP & do not have our TA make it & then regularly check for a better option.

36ECBAC4-BB8D-4366-996F-8E4D530329D6.jpeg

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, holomuku said:

Great- thanks for the screen shot-- now I see the "direction" box.  Sorry to be so needy!  It's about $100 less pp than going direct through the airline.  Appreciate your help!

Happy to help & glad that it’ll be good for you.