• 1 month later...

Here it basically is again. The ship was crammed packed with Latinos. Not a problem just part of the review. The cost was over $500.00 each for the ocean view. Nothing different for dinner or the buffet. Every room with music was so packed you could not get in. Dancing on the top deck was packed. At midnight you were given Champagne a glass at a time. Lasted about 15 minuets. Then it stopped. Confusing was almost no one was in the bar that caters to the Latinos. Maybe 4 people. Well we went in there. As expected all Latin, Mexican music. I asked the DJ if he could play some music that was in English. He told me straight out. Go somewhere else. SO, never again.

2 hours ago, twodaywonder said:

Here it basically is again. The ship was crammed packed with Latinos. Not a problem just part of the review. The cost was over $500.00 each for the ocean view. Nothing different for dinner or the buffet. Every room with music was so packed you could not get in. Dancing on the top deck was packed. At midnight you were given Champagne a glass at a time. Lasted about 15 minuets. Then it stopped. Confusing was almost no one was in the bar that caters to the Latinos. Maybe 4 people. Well we went in there. As expected all Latin, Mexican music. I asked the DJ if he could play some music that was in English. He told me straight out. Go somewhere else. SO, never again.

Thank you for your comments.  

I've celebrated New Year's on Royal Princess,  Prinsendam, Volendam, Zaandam, and Nieuw Amsterdam and each ship does the celebration somewhat differently.  Crowds in whatever venue that was thought by the guests to have the best experience at Midnight are the norm.  One glass of the bubbly at a time seems normal.  On one cruise, one was all you got!  The Stewards with the trays of glasses disappeared promptly a couple of minutes after Midnight.  The size of the ship with the number of guests might make a difference.  New Year's Eve on Royal Princess, of the 3 parties, I chose the balloon drop in the Atrium at Midnight Party; it seemed like 3000 of my "closest friends and buddies" chose the same thing.  I was so disgusted with the situation that just a few minutes after the balloons dropped, I left for my stateroom and was in bed before 12:45.  On the other hand, on the Prinsendam, after the Party concluded in the Mainshow room around 1:00, the Party moved just aft to the Ocean Bar where a big screen TV was set up (we were sailing in the Atlantic Time Zone) and the Party continued with many of the staff participating.  We watched the "ball drop in New York City" on the TV and the music/party went on.  It was well after 2:00 before I dropped into bed.  That was a New Year's Eve to remember!