Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
whitshel

Live Reflection Jan 3rd thru 10th

Recommended Posts

Now for the debate of the Reflection feeling more crowded than the other "S" class ships. We were on the Liberty of the Seas last year this same week and the Reflection feels way more crowded. ,,,,,,,, Crickets....... Ya, just kidding!!  How anyone can tell this ship feels more crowded than the others is really looking for it. Perfect ratio. Is there a line a cafe Al bacio in the morning, sure there is but usually only 3 or 4 deep. 

 

So those rumors are squashed in this cruisers mind 🙃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully this works.

 

Just a lil vid with the view from our balcony yesterday.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, whitshel said:

Now for the debate of the Reflection feeling more crowded than the other "S" class ships. We were on the Liberty of the Seas last year this same week and the Reflection feels way more crowded. ,,,,,,,, Crickets....... Ya, just kidding!!  How anyone can tell this ship feels more crowded than the others is really looking for it. Perfect ratio. Is there a line a cafe Al bacio in the morning, sure there is but usually only 3 or 4 deep. 

 

So those rumors are squashed in this cruisers mind 🙃

I was on reflection over thanksgiving and it does not feel any more crowded than any other s class ship    The most crowded ships I felt were explorer of seas and ncl dawn felt way more crowded to me.  There are lines at cafe al Bacia II when they open but it’s like at most waiting about 2 minutes to get a coffee in hand.  Plus where are you going anyway not like your gonna be late for anything.  I think the only place I saw mass of people and a wait was the last day sales at the shops.  When everyone was looking for that bargain bag shirt etc.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sailing into San Juan. 

20200105_144405.thumb.jpg.c89b7e6e85c5a848cd07b2675373c10f.jpg

 

In this shot u can see El Morro before the Captain turns the ship.

20200105_145420.thumb.jpg.b13c0ac879f5b2d8f50e1d586983dfee.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, whitshel said:

Now for the debate of the Reflection feeling more crowded than the other "S" class ships. We were on the Liberty of the Seas last year this same week and the Reflection feels way more crowded. ,,,,,,,, Crickets....... Ya, just kidding!!  How anyone can tell this ship feels more crowded than the others is really looking for it. Perfect ratio. Is there a line a cafe Al bacio in the morning, sure there is but usually only 3 or 4 deep. 

 

So those rumors are squashed in this cruisers mind 🙃


 

Before there Luminae  for suite guests Blu actually was more crowded.   On other S class ships the row of tables near the windows are 4 deep.   On the Reflection they are 5 deep and so close together that there is only finger space between the tables.  The servers would reach over the table to serve the person on the other side because they couldn’t pass between the tables and didn’t want to walk around to the other side.  
 

There were special  AQ suites that allowed families and they could dine in Blu.   There are also more AQ cabins.   Suite guests could also opt to dine in Blu on availability.  
 

I haven’t sailed on the Reflection since Luminae was added so don’t know if the situation changed in Blu.  The MDR could feel more crowded as space was used for Luminae and those tables are more spread out than when it was part of the MDR.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have not been on the ships  with which Ref  being compared ,   but we found it was more crowded in most places than M and S class ships. This was an early cruise on Ref..during the Miami DJ  party scene!

 

BLU was crowded but was   a nice  spot..On our cruise, they were marching in lines of suite guests ahead of AQ class folks..That did eventually stop but went on  for awhile.  ( i think this was pre Luminae and before the AQ class suites were re classified..)

 

 The aft deck with the round bar was packed  to the max everyday....lots of  couch and bar stool hogs back there..It was  used more as a sun deck than on other ships.  Not as mellow a vibe.

 

It was awkward having the solarium and spa on sep  decks..and Solaroum was crowded.  I think I recall the lounge  being truncated and in an odd location..

 

Different ships appeal to diff folks ..many choices...our new fav is EDGE.

 

Hope you coninue to enjoy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking forward to following your review.  We’re on the Reflection for a B2B in September this year and again in October next year.

 

Diane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, whitshel said:

They definitely have iced coffees, I'll see if I can get a picture of the menu for you

Thanks so much!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We had an eating tour of San Juan today. We booked privately thru viator and not thru the ship. Although I think the ship used the same vendor "Flavors of San Juan", we saw another tour going on.with them and all the people had little round dots on their shirts like and excursion letter. We had 11, the ship one looked like it had about 30 people on it. 

 

Brandon our guide was awesome, lots of good history of Puerto Rico and San Juan, but the food was just ok. I think we had about 6 or 7 stops.

Getting off the ship

20200105_160726.thumb.jpg.67ec01c7256831047468023cad0b3a36.jpg

 

20200105_161042.thumb.jpg.def4f493d774f956bce9668b5519173b.jpg

 

The streets

20200105_163156.thumb.jpg.fc4b7286f89f89365f3394c5e443ca61.jpg

 

20200105_180447.thumb.jpg.3686129d217011aedadf951c6a968758.jpg

 

20200105_180524.thumb.jpg.88faad42bf17dcd48a904bde30997d3b.jpg

 

20200105_174346.thumb.jpg.c54786541c7c05235fb1680d4cb6fa54.jpg

The streets were packed with locals, apparently there is a Holiday tomorrow, 3 Kings day, so all the locals were partying it up tonight. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, it is the Feast of the Epiphany.  You visited while still in the Christmas season, nice!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few food shots. 

Coffee

20200105_172241.thumb.jpg.f21a25c8229a9d1abec994ce50b01eeb.jpg

 

Mufango

 

20200105_185837.thumb.jpg.ad433a7873ea0dc6259662073c654f42.jpg

 

Really good hot chocolate that you put a piece of cheddar cheese in and scooped it up with a churro

20200105_195519.thumb.jpg.ef3e347c9a3d799e4b12af972e7bab57.jpg

It was actually really really good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A couple shots of the Freedom of the Seas leaving and passing by.

 

Attach0_08.thumb.jpg.cab2911cd1a81e325e2e545db996c10c.jpg

 

Attach0_09.thumb.jpg.5dac03eac8a6430299023ad8dca4bd4f.jpg

 

My daughter and I taking a shot of.something 🤔

 

Attach0_10.thumb.jpg.469eb624839279f23b7c8d8c288246f4.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you get a chance would you please check and post what Cannon cameras are for sale as well as the pricing? We're sailing Reflection in March and have quite a bit on OBC-N to use up and we want to upgrade our digital camera. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Whitshel, question for you - do you have shower gels/shampoos in your 1A?  The last time we sailed in one, we didn't have them.  Just wondering if it has changed and if my husband needs to pack his own.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If there is no lotion, get, etc. just ask your cabin steward. These certainly should be in your bathroom!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vermonter16 said:

Hey Whitshel, question for you - do you have shower gels/shampoos in your 1A?  The last time we sailed in one, we didn't have them.  Just wondering if it has changed and if my husband needs to pack his own.  

 

We're on the same cruise (and were actually with the OP on the San Juan food tour - such a small world) in a Sunset Verandah and here is a picture of the toiletries in our bathroom. First time I've seen these little bottles. 

IMG_20200103_185748.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks.  I bring my own stuff but DH prefers not to pack his own shower gel so this is great for him.  Thanks for the info and pics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, [g]cruiserke said:

 

We're on the same cruise (and were actually with the OP on the San Juan food tour - such a small world) in a Sunset Verandah and here is a picture of the toiletries in our bathroom. First time I've seen these little bottles. 

IMG_20200103_185748.jpg

Apologies to whitsel for hijacking the thread...my friend and I have a SV booked on Reflection for the 2021 westbound TA.  Were you able to get either a footstool or lounger on the balcony?  We will be in 8355 (shouldn't matter...just a mention).  We will have seven seadays and would love to be able to sit on our balcony and relax as we cross the Atlantic.  I'm also booked in a SV this September on Equinox and am hoping for the same!

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, lola2013 said:

Apologies to whitsel for hijacking the thread...my friend and I have a SV booked on Reflection for the 2021 westbound TA.  Were you able to get either a footstool or lounger on the balcony?  We will be in 8355 (shouldn't matter...just a mention).  We will have seven seadays and would love to be able to sit on our balcony and relax as we cross the Atlantic.  I'm also booked in a SV this September on Equinox and am hoping for the same!

Thanks!

 

We haven't asked, I'm afraid, as we're not prone to lounging on the balcony.

 

Though the gorgeous views (we're in 8344) have compelled us to spend more time on the verandah than we usually do. Here's our view on Saturday evening - absolutely gorgeous! 

IMG-20200103-WA0013.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, [g]cruiserke said:

 

We haven't asked, I'm afraid, as we're not prone to lounging on the balcony.

 

Though the gorgeous views (we're in 8344) have compelled us to spend more time on the verandah than we usually do. Here's our view on Saturday evening - absolutely gorgeous! 

IMG-20200103-WA0013.jpg

That view is why we book SVs...WOW!  We were successful getting loungers for our SV on Edge last month so fingers crossed we can get them on upcoming cruises!

Thanks...and enjoy the rest of your cruise.

Susan

Edited by lola2013

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 1/4/2020 at 10:45 PM, btregoning said:

I will be following along.  We are on our first Celebrity cruise, on the Reflection on January 31st.  We are looking forward to trying something new.

 

If you go by Café al Bacio, could you see if they offer iced coffees, and how much they cost?  I am thinking about picking up a coffee card to used for my much beloved iced coffee.

The do have Iced coffee under More Favorites at $6.00 -  al Bacio menu follows -  

 

To my knowledge they do not sell Coffee Cards like some of the other cruise lines.  
 

6728B508-DEBE-43B3-9AA5-26279548FADE.thumb.jpeg.609cbc4346f231441ed8e9c603ff0030.jpeg

 

68B390C7-782B-4757-9967-035FA7F8DE40.thumb.jpeg.94e408c40142731fe67d6b50dd432835.jpeg

 

94CC1060-31C0-42F2-B3FF-C03F651E352E.thumb.jpeg.9d542ccaab651ae457fe9c555d1b9d12.jpeg

 

4DFE03C2-1EA8-48FE-A09E-91CF986BCA71.thumb.jpeg.909edbae1e64a5002a9353fecb2c2401.jpeg

 

50049ACB-D949-4131-B15E-1A792CB0E677.thumb.jpeg.9191976f821e4ecb8f54bc8d965f3e30.jpeg

 

F1858C4B-2E5F-43E8-9CF7-58B3224AED0B.thumb.jpeg.1c0bd419b3fb7bf34575f4d6ce4d8086.jpeg

DC44DB04-79A4-43E9-98F6-18DECEC54DA6.jpeg

850FFECE-2105-4E72-A91F-70B93E574EBC.jpeg

Edited by Jim_Iain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

We’re traveling with friends on Reflection in 2 weeks who have the Classic Beverage Package. 

Can you tell me which beverages they are currently allowing to be ordered at al Bacio with that package?

 

I know that implementation has been really inconsistent across ships, but CBP is supposed to include “premium teas” and “premium coffees", specific alcohols (like kahlua), and a per drink limit of $9.

 

I believe they usually include all the non-alcoholic beverages on the al Baccio menu but are inconsistent about the ones with alcohol — even those under the $9 per cap which contain “included” alcohol, like Kahlua.

 

Aspen coffee, in particular is questionable. It only goes for $8 but the Bailey’s  (& Frangelica) are no longer included in  the classic package.


I know that some ships have required you to order a side shot of the booze rather than adding it to the coffee.

Anybody with recent experience — especially onboard Reflection?

Edited by JaneStarr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

The do have Iced coffee under More Favorites at $6.00 -  al Bacio menu follows -  

 

To my knowledge they do not sell Coffee Cards like some of the other cruise lines.  
 

6728B508-DEBE-43B3-9AA5-26279548FADE.thumb.jpeg.609cbc4346f231441ed8e9c603ff0030.jpeg

 

68B390C7-782B-4757-9967-035FA7F8DE40.thumb.jpeg.94e408c40142731fe67d6b50dd432835.jpeg

 

94CC1060-31C0-42F2-B3FF-C03F651E352E.thumb.jpeg.9d542ccaab651ae457fe9c555d1b9d12.jpeg

 

4DFE03C2-1EA8-48FE-A09E-91CF986BCA71.thumb.jpeg.909edbae1e64a5002a9353fecb2c2401.jpeg

 

50049ACB-D949-4131-B15E-1A792CB0E677.thumb.jpeg.9191976f821e4ecb8f54bc8d965f3e30.jpeg

 

F1858C4B-2E5F-43E8-9CF7-58B3224AED0B.thumb.jpeg.1c0bd419b3fb7bf34575f4d6ce4d8086.jpeg

DC44DB04-79A4-43E9-98F6-18DECEC54DA6.jpeg

850FFECE-2105-4E72-A91F-70B93E574EBC.jpeg

You can get any of them except the ones on the 6th page down, the ones that show $12.  The last page are pretty much the classic drink package coffees

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...