Follow the Ham Fam as we Chase the Sun!

L1211

2 hours ago, L1211 said:

Lunch was a success. We went to the MDR, always like a sit down lunch on embarkation day. Service was good food was even better. Here’s the menu. So much for war on seafood. Showed up on the Sun!

7EE89453-3DC2-499F-BE4B-D2D2E2F74833.jpeg

C40EA10A-EF7C-4B03-BB05-73C4007059FA.jpeg

Thanks for posting in the menus.  I too am boarding on the next cruise and always head straight the MDR.

42 minutes ago, Love my butler said:

Welcome to NCL.  The rep has probably never set foot on a cruise ship and told you anything you wanted to hear to get the paid booking.  The cheerleaders on here will blame you for not doing your due diligence.  Shame on you....

Right??  I was explicit that the room looked perfect in the pic. We use the sofa more than the balcony.  But we got neither!  We’re on the list for a room change. My expectations are low. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, L1211 said:

Right??  I was explicit that the room looked perfect in the pic. We use the sofa more than the balcony.  But we got neither!  We’re on the list for a room change. My expectations are low. 

If they cant switch the room, think about splitting the bed. My Hubby and I always split the bed in these rooms , gives you much more space to move around.

3 hours ago, L1211 said:

And then the good times ended. Huge disappointment in the room. I used a NCL rep to help me choose the room. We booked early so way over paid for “choice” of room. I wanted OV rooms that looked like the picture advertised (same floor plan as a balcony with only a full window). Wow, that is NOT what I got. Second pic is what the rep helped me select. The first  is our actual rooms. We’re in an inside cabins with a window. I called and even tried to pay to move, sailing full, no way. So, Im the sucker who paid about double what others around me paid for this crap room. Not a good way to start, experience or end a cruise. Feeling cheated. 

C412E003-96D9-4B3F-AE52-4A0C08CE31B3.jpeg

47920D6D-0691-4200-AA4A-E91A12AE93E7.png

Can you specify which cabins you are in?

Sept 2018 we were on the Sun and has cabin 6008 - Cat. OK (obstructed ocean view) and has a great roomy cabin (for an OV cabin):

DSC07504.JPG

Although the cabin was great for an OV, we had the worst cabin steward in our 24 NCL cruises, lol. The cabin next door 6006 is much bigger! The Deck 6 OK cabins are the way to go if you don't mind the obstruction - we still could see the sea and sky. The people walking along the promenade could not see into our cabin as the window has been specifically coated.

Edited by bluesea777

3 hours ago, L1211 said:

And then the good times ended. Huge disappointment in the room. I used a NCL rep to help me choose the room. We booked early so way over paid for “choice” of room. I wanted OV rooms that looked like the picture advertised (same floor plan as a balcony with only a full window). Wow, that is NOT what I got. Second pic is what the rep helped me select. The first  is our actual rooms. We’re in an inside cabins with a window. I called and even tried to pay to move, sailing full, no way. So, Im the sucker who paid about double what others around me paid for this crap room. Not a good way to start, experience or end a cruise. Feeling cheated. 

Sept 2018 we were on the Sun and has cabin 6008 - Cat. OK (obstructed ocean view) and has a great roomy cabin (for an OV cabin):

I’ve now walked the ship and I can say they layout isn’t my favorite. No ocean vistas anywhere other than outside on 11. Really. You have the walking track on 6 with no where to sit then 11 with the pool and the Great Outdoors cafe. That seems to be the only place you get a glimpse of the ocean. Ugh. The promenade deck is so closed off with outdated tight wood laden hallways. I’m shocked this ship is recently updated. The atrium is tiny and I do mean tiny. I was expecting something similar to the CCL smaller ship we sailed but it is nothing like that. The ship doesn’t make the fun, family does. But if you sail for the ship, I’d be suspect of this one.  They do have a Starbucks. And it is included with PPB. 

1162491F-7F2C-4434-900D-2A42CD4C307F.jpeg

3CEF7747-6157-426E-8644-E4977DC0FE31.jpeg

58D9314A-1E2A-4994-AFC8-EE615EBB8134.jpeg

12 minutes ago, bluesea777 said:

DSC07504.JPG

Although the cabin was great for an OV, we had the worst cabin steward in our 24 NCL cruises, lol. The cabin next door 6006 is much bigger! The Deck 6 OK cabins are the way to go if you don't mind the obstruction - we still could see the sea and sky. The people walking along the promenade could not see into our cabin as the window has been specifically coated.

That’s exactly the floor plan of the cabin we tried to book!!  And we paid a premium for it....  we are in 5201 and 2. 

3 hours ago, L1211 said:

Sigh, I am sorry the rep did not give you the advice you needed.   Your cabin looks like a standard OV cabin while the lower photo looks like an O1 (they sleep 5 with the sofa bed and Pullman).

I have had cabin disappointments in the past, too.   I learned not to trust reps or travel agents (once an experienced cruise-only TA steered me into a lousy class of cabin on a specific series of ships on another line).  I learned to search CC and/or other websites if I want cabin details.  

Edited by Starry Eyes

23 minutes ago, bluesea777 said:

DSC07504.JPG

I meant to say it's 6009, not 6006 that is bigger.

For an ocean vista, be sure you check Spinnaker lounge aka Observation lounge. Great views and comfy seats.  There are doors to a open deck at the bow..perfect view.  And, I assure you the small sofas in there are more comfortable than the ones in the O1 cabins.  It is a great place to hang out, read, relax, talk, etc during the day.  

Edited by Starry Eyes
  • Like 2

Here’s a MUST KNOW that I didn’t. If you are someone who styles your hair with a blow dryer. BRING YOUR OWN. I don’t believe this beauty from the 60’s was intended to style hair. Only dry it. On its own time schedule. A couple decades ago. I’m sorry. I sailed an older carnival ship that had been updated and they sprung for real blow dryers. Not cool NCL. Not cool.  You should give your clientele an amenities warning. A chance to fix this while packing. 

oh, and while I’m at it...  the premium WiFi is a joke. Why call it premium if it isn’t???  Why not “less shitty WiFi for a premium Price”??? I would have likely still bought it, paid $150 for 5 days because of work. But my expectations would have been lower.   

9486CF0D-5654-4573-A92B-8D90543CA9FB.jpeg

28 minutes ago, L1211 said:

Here’s a MUST KNOW that I didn’t. If you are someone who styles your hair with a blow dryer. BRING YOUR OWN. I don’t believe this beauty from the 60’s was intended to style hair. Only dry it. On its own time schedule. A couple decades ago. I’m sorry. I sailed an older carnival ship that had been updated and they sprung for real blow dryers. Not cool NCL. Not cool.  You should give your clientele an amenities warning. A chance to fix this while packing. 

oh, and while I’m at it...  the premium WiFi is a joke. Why call it premium if it isn’t???  Why not “less shitty WiFi for a premium Price”??? I would have likely still bought it, paid $150 for 5 days because of work. But my expectations would have been lower.   

9486CF0D-5654-4573-A92B-8D90543CA9FB.jpeg

Odd. Check all the drawers, I swear I watched a YT video of a Sun OV cabin and they had both that weird blowing thing and a real hairdryer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dawnya00 said:

Odd. Check all the drawers, I swear I watched a YT video of a Sun OV cabin and they had both that weird blowing thing and a real hairdryer.

Do check all your drawers and shelves.  You may find a modern hair dryer; they have been in some of my cabins, not all. If you do not find one and you do want one, ask your cabin steward...maybe he will be able to supply your cabins.  

3 hours ago, L1211 said:

Oh yeah. The Veuve champagne is lovely. Making up for the ugly hair!!!  Surprised champagne bar is empty! Cute space.  

96E802BC-23C5-42DF-BA82-15149405BD12.jpeg

image.jpg

Ask for it with a splash of Chambourd.....trust me, I’m a nurse.

• Haha 1