Jump to content

Follow the Ham Fam as we Chase the Sun!


L1211
 Share

Recommended Posts

I'm really enjoying your review; it's clear that you and your family make the best of a situation!  Just curious; why don't you "go near the buffet"?  We're going on a 21 night cruise on the Bliss in April, as our first NCL experience.

 

"Dining  options a noon.  Breakfast at Great Outdoors. Pizza, sandwich and soup bar, hot pannis at Monderno. We dont go near the buffet!!"  

 

(homemade quote, as I wasn't sure how to quote a given post)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, IRMO12HD said:

I'm really enjoying your review; it's clear that you and your family make the best of a situation!  Just curious; why don't you "go near the buffet"?  We're going on a 21 night cruise on the Bliss in April, as our first NCL experience.

 

"Dining  options a noon.  Breakfast at Great Outdoors. Pizza, sandwich and soup bar, hot pannis at Monderno. We dont go near the buffet!!"  

 

(homemade quote, as I wasn't sure how to quote a given post)

Mostly ambiance and calorie control!  The hustle and bustle isn’t my vibe and after a bite of this and a scoop of that I feel like I’ve eaten a 1000 calories!!  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Dawnya00 said:

Still loving the Ham Fam! Have you walked around the hot tubs? How busy do those seem? They are close to the kids pool, which makes me think the little ones have taken it over.

 

Hey there!  Hot tubs full but not over crowded barely any kids on this cruise!!  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

I'm told on another thread the showers on the Sun have curtains instead of doors, please tell me this is not true, I just hate curtains that get sucked up by the heat and stick to you.

I’m sad to say true!  Will get you a pic when we get back to the ship...  not as bad as I was expecting. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, L1211 said:

Mostly ambiance and calorie control!  The hustle and bustle isn’t my vibe and after a bite of this and a scoop of that I feel like I’ve eaten a 1000 calories!!  

Is it possible to load up a plate (like with salad :-) ) and then take it to another location?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, IRMO12HD said:

Is it possible to load up a plate (like with salad 🙂 ) and then take it to another location?

You bet. They have some lovely outdoor seating. And some use the Great Outdoors smaller buffet and take food into the Sports Bar since they don’t serve food till 6pm. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dinner was not the experience we’ve come to expect. We were in a different dining room and it had a totally different vibe. How odd is that?  Service was “efficient” with zero personality. I could not begin to tell you who waited on us. Zero wine service. We had to beg for wine. And given my last glass of wine with my PPBP was a Frozen Rose’ from the pool bar, I was ready for good wine!!  Here’s the redeeming part. DH had had it, and talked to an assistant Mgr. Who was happy to help. But, the bar was closed so we couldn’t get another glass of wine. It was 10. We’d had one with dinner.  That manager Then gave me a bottle of the Isabelle Chardonnay  I was drinking. It is the nicest Chardonnay they have by the bottle. It is no longer included in the bottle service program, but he gave it to me anyway.  Thought that was pretty awesome. He’s my new vacation hero!!  
 

most of dinner was repeats tonight. Favorites were potato soup, Cesar salad, DH loved the steak, perfectly rare, and chocolate melting cake was not molten, but good. 

908A0099-1F40-45FA-9ABC-84425FD4C452.jpeg

EC58DE01-3ABF-462F-B0E2-29C26A7AAD73.jpeg

A60F9F71-44FE-4FD0-8C7C-3D20AC3852BA.jpeg

9A8C69C6-E134-44A0-8152-5BBCC1C9EE28.jpeg

95AA808A-144E-404B-A515-DE93B902D5A5.jpeg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, L1211 said:

Dinner was not the experience we’ve come to expect. We were in a different dining room and it had a totally different vibe. How odd is that?  Service was “efficient” with zero personality. I could not begin to tell you who waited on us. Zero wine service. We had to beg for wine. And given my last glass of wine with my PPBP was a Frozen Rose’ from the pool bar, I was ready for good wine!!  Here’s the redeeming part. DH had had it, and talked to an assistant Mgr. Who was happy to help. But, the bar was closed so we couldn’t get another glass of wine. It was 10. We’d had one with dinner.  That manager Then gave me a bottle of the Isabelle Chardonnay  I was drinking. It is the nicest Chardonnay they have by the bottle. It is no longer included in the bottle service program, but he gave it to me anyway.  Thought that was pretty awesome. He’s my new vacation hero!!  
 

most of dinner was repeats tonight. Favorites were potato soup, Cesar salad, DH loved the steak, perfectly rare, and chocolate melting cake was not molten, but good. 

 

Which MDR was this as I would like to avoid it when I board next week.  Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good morning cruise critic!  I will start with any day on a cruise beats a day in the office. So there is always that.  Now back to the WORST room choice ever made that wasn’t “sail away” AND made with the assistance of a NCL PCP. We have been porting in Cozumel for about 40 minutes now. It appears my cabin, the lowest and most forward cabin on this ship sits pretty much in the engine room. I’m shocked no one has asked for my assistance!  This is nothing you sleep through. One more reason, if needed, NOT to book this cabin. I’m going to look for a drink 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, pinklady65 said:

Which MDR was this as I would like to avoid it when I board next week.  Thanks

Not 7 seas. We’ve had wonderful experiences in 7 seas!  Can’t remember the name. Sorry!!  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Costa Maya Review:

the barefoot beachclub was fun because of family fun and we met a few fellow passengers who were very fun. The Beach bar itself is pretty run down. I think when you let the Cabbie help you plan your day, you won’t get what best for you, only what is best for them....

 

but, we switched the girls to AI and the day was a total of only $65 for drinks and nachos. Remember, we were at $45 for 2 drinks and nachos so that was a great deal!  The DH has a beer and I just drank water from the ship. The girls had two or three more drinks each. They added a $10/16% sales tax that didn’t sit well with my husband who was paying cash. But the beach was beautiful, no seaweed, service efficient and the drinks didn’t kill anyone. The girls had 30 minute massages. They reduced the price when we offered to check elsewhere. Of course they did. They offered $25 for an hour but we were running tight on time. We did $20 for 40 minutes. 
 

there are Nicer places but they will cost you more. 
 

pro tip. Walk out the port and catch a cab into town if you have more than a couple people to save a few bucks. It’s $4pp for the shuttle and $3pp for a taxi but they cannot pick up in port. They are just outside. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Costa Maya Review:

the barefoot beachclub was fun because of family fun and we met a few fellow passengers who were very fun. The Beach bar itself is pretty run down. I think when you let the Cabbie help you plan your day, you won’t get what best for you, only what is best for them....

 

but, we switched the girls to AI and the day was a total of only $65 for drinks and nachos. Remember, we were at $45 for 2 drinks and nachos so that was a great deal!  The DH has a beer and I just drank water from the ship. The girls had two or three more drinks each. They added a $10/16% sales tax that didn’t sit well with my husband who was paying cash. But the beach was beautiful, no seaweed, service efficient and the drinks didn’t kill anyone. The girls had 30 minute massages. They reduced the price when we offered to check elsewhere. Of course they did. They offered $25 for an hour but we were running tight on time. We did $20 for 40 minutes. 
 

there are Nicer places but they will cost you more. 
 

pro tip. Walk out the port and catch a cab into town if you have more than a couple people to save a few bucks. It’s $4pp for the shuttle and $3pp for a taxi but they cannot pick up in port. They are just outside. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...