Jump to content

Port Miami


pna
 Share

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, pna said:

Is there a place you can find out which terminal your cruise leaves from when the date gets close?  We will be driving to Miami.

The departur location will be listed in the "blue book," which you should receive 6+\- weeks prior to embarkation. Alternatively, you could check on the Port of Miami website for the future date/ berth location for cruise ship arrivals/departures.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

The departur location will be listed in the "blue book," which you should receive 6+\- weeks prior to embarkation. Alternatively, you could check on the Port of Miami website for the future date/ berth location for cruise ship arrivals/departures.

Not always correct.  Can change the day of sailing.  As you enter Port of Miami there is a sign board which gives the location of your ship.  Very easy to get around.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We just got our Blue Book for our January 22nd Marina sailing out of Miami on Tuesday.  It just stated departure as "Port of Miami"  with additional information forth coming by electronic communication.  Yesterday, January 1st, we received our final summary documents, by email, which stated "terminal name: portmiami, terminal J."   It then states: "Ship's location within the Terminal is subject to change at the sole discretion of the port authority without notice."  RJB is right, look at the sign board as you enter the port. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

Or pull up marinetraffic.com or app for POM to see where ships are docked...Of Port of Miami webcam:

 

https://www.portmiamiwebcam.com/

Still need to have internet access.  Best way is still to look at the signs as you enter the port.  Old fashioned way is still easist.  Have a great cruise. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you everyone for your quick responses.   Have not sailed Oceania before.   Do the blue books come to us or our travel agent?   Hope they come well in advance as we drive from Iowa so will leave several days before sailing.   Am excited about our February cruise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, pna said:

Thank you everyone for your quick responses.   Have not sailed Oceania before.   Do the blue books come to us or our travel agent?   Hope they come well in advance as we drive from Iowa so will leave several days before sailing.   Am excited about our February cruise.

Your TA specified to O whether to send it directly to him/her or you. Either way, figure "blue book" (with luggage tags) arrival to you at about 4-6 weeks pre-cruise with e-mailed "final docs" coming about 2-3 weeks prior to embarkation.

Suggestion: either as paper or cell pictures, bring your Oceania and TA "full paid" invoices (and emails promising added perks) with you just in case there's any SNAFUs.

Edited by Flatbush Flyer
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, pna said:

Thank you everyone for your quick responses.   Have not sailed Oceania before.   Do the blue books come to us or our travel agent?   Hope they come well in advance as we drive from Iowa so will leave several days before sailing.   Am excited about our February cruise.

As Flatbush Flyer replied, it could come from O or your agent so check with your agent as to what he/she requested.  Not actually needed but nice to have so don't worry if they arrive after you have started your trek east. In that Blue book is your Vacation Summary page that is good to have with your. Even better is the final one in "Final Documents" email and a good idea to bring the Vacation Summary for each of you. Some terminal's security want to see some proof you are to be boarding before letting you into the terminal building or port.  Not critical (they can work it out) but can make things things easier for you.

 

excited is good - have a great time!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, RetiredLifer said:

We just got our Blue Book for our January 22nd Marina sailing out of Miami on Tuesday.  It just stated departure as "Port of Miami"  with additional information forth coming by electronic communication.  Yesterday, January 1st, we received our final summary documents, by email, which stated "terminal name: portmiami, terminal J."   It then states: "Ship's location within the Terminal is subject to change at the sole discretion of the port authority without notice."  RJB is right, look at the sign board as you enter the port. 

Curiously we are on the same cruise and have received nothing.  Booked this cruise 18 months ago.  A bit ridiculous and concerning.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, gabelle said:

Curiously we are on the same cruise and have received nothing.  Booked this cruise 18 months ago.  A bit ridiculous and concerning.

You can call Oceania and they will tell you if it's been sent and to whom. If it went to a TA, it may take longer. BTW, the holidays throw everything out of whack. But, do follow up with your TA.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, RJB said:

Still need to have internet access.  Best way is still to look at the signs as you enter the port.  Old fashioned way is still easist.  Have a great cruise. 

MarineTraffic has an app that requires cell service, or  internet.  EM

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I sail on Sirena Jan. 25 from Miami and have received the blue book that does not list the pier. I have not received an email with the specific pier. We will be taking an uber from the hotel. I figure once we get into the port area we will be able to spot the ship where it is docked. Sirena  is so much smaller than all the mega ships and will be easy to spot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just be aware that the terminal you sail from may not be the terminal you return to.  This happened to us last month with no warning, not even as we disembarked.  Only is an issue you if you park your car at the terminal you leave from.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, rucruisn2 said:

Just be aware that the terminal you sail from may not be the terminal you return to.  This happened to us last month with no warning, not even as we disembarked.  Only is an issue you if you park your car at the terminal you leave from.

This happened to us last year on the Sirena. No notification - even on the ship. Figured it out when we saw the dock. Required a shuttle bus since our car was in a garage at the departure terminal on the other side of the port.  If you can figure it out in advance by checking the port info, it would help to park at a lot/garage close to the arrival terminal and take the shuttle on departure day.

 

YMMV

Edited by Croooser
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Croooser said:

This happened to us last year on the Sirena. No notification - even on the ship. Figured it out when we saw the dock. Required a shuttle bus since our car was in a garage at the departure terminal on the other side of the port.  If you can figure it out in advance by checking the port info, it would help to park at a lot/garage close to the arrival terminal and take the shuttle on departure day.

 

YMMV

We had no idea we returned to the different dock.  No notification on the ship. Only found out when the porter helping us with luggage mentioned it.  Couldn't Oceania let us know that morning??  Captain certainly knew which terminal he was at!  
Why keep it a secret?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com - June 2021
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...