Jump to content

closest / other hotel recommendations for RCL cruise


Recommended Posts

Leaving on a royal carribean cruise out of San Juan end of June this year.

 

1) what are the closest hotels to the port that royal carribean leaves out of? are there any that you can walk to the port from?

2) If there are no hotels that are that close to the port, and you have to take a taxi shuttle either way, what are some recommendations people have? preferably nothing too pricey (around $200 or less per night for 2 adults in 1 room)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes there are hotels in Old San Juan that are within walking distance (assuming you don't have a lot of luggage) or short taxi ride.

 

Couple of reasonable places mentioned in this thread

 

Also on this thread.

 

 

Edited by crewsweeper
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

Yes there are hotels in Old San Juan that are within walking distance (assuming you don't have a lot of luggage) or short taxi ride.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Your answer is incorrect regarding hotels within walking distance . OP is on Royal Caribbean.  Royal Caribbean departs from the Pan American cruise terminal, not Old San Juan, so there are no hotels within walking distance of the cruise pier. A short taxi ride will be necessary from any hotel .

Edited by njhorseman
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, njhorseman said:

 

Your answer is incorrect regarding hotels within walking distance . OP is on Royal Caribbean.  Royal Caribbean departs from the Pan American cruise terminal, not Old San Juan, so there are no hotels within walking distance of the cruise pier. A short taxi ride will be necessary from any hotel .

Oops.  :classic_blush: Thanks for the correction.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Docbizarro said:

Leaving on a royal carribean cruise out of San Juan end of June this year.

 

1) what are the closest hotels to the port that royal carribean leaves out of? are there any that you can walk to the port from?

2) If there are no hotels that are that close to the port, and you have to take a taxi shuttle either way, what are some recommendations people have? preferably nothing too pricey (around $200 or less per night for 2 adults in 1 room)

Take a look at the Hyatt Place/City Center.  Less than $200 (taxes and fees included) may be a bit optimistic but I think you can get a ‘competitive’ rate.

Edited by d9704011
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A with Chris Prelog, President of Windstar Cruises!
      • Register Now for Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Royal Caribbean
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...