Sunshine New Year's Cruise 2019-2020

Just off the Sunshine today and boy was it a great cruise!  

Here's a list of things my wife and I didn't do:

• We didn't break our necks to see and do everything. 
  • We didn't see any of the playlist production shows (seen them before). 
  • We didn't go to the comedy club either. 
  • We didn't eat in the steakhouse. '
  • We didn't go to any of the morning shows, or anything else that the entertainment staff and CD were doing.  I've never needed them to have a great cruise. 
  • We didn't care what others were wearing at lunch or dinner. 
  • We didn't care that there were kids having fun on the ship. 
  • We didn't care that there were only the sugar straws for our drinks.  We bought the metal straws and went on.  
  • We didn't have any excursions in Nassau or Half Moon Cay. 
  • We didn't play bingo or trivia and didn't see the Hasbro games either. 
  • We didn't have the sea day brunch. 
  • We didn't go down the waterslide or do the ropes course. 
  • We didn't get in the pool or hot tubs. 

Here's a list of things we did do: 

• We sat out on the deck on the second level of Serenity a couple of afternoons and enjoyed some ice cold beer or other adult beverages.  
  • We ate breakfast in the Havana Bar every morning (it was never crowded - folks just didn't go to the very back of the ship which was really nice! Two lines for omelets and a full selection of other breakfast goodies were available each morning.)
  • We had our fill of Guy's burgers and Blue Iguana taco salads, tacos and burritos. 
  • We had room service several times (banana split and cookies, sandwiches and pizza) and ate on our balcony. 
  • We enjoyed not having a schedule or having to rush for anything.  
  • We tipped our waiters and took care of our steward since they took really good care of us. 
  • We loved just walking around Nassau (been there several times and done the excursion thing before).
  • We took a long walk on the beach at Half Moon Cay, found a shady spot and just chilled and watched the clouds go by. 
  • We had the New Year's Eve dinner in the main dining room.  (It was really just OK - prime rib was good but I guess I'm just not into the MDR anymore.)
  • The New Year's Eve party was excellent!  If someone didn't have fun, it was their own fault!  We went for a while then returned to our balcony with a bottle of champagne and rang in the New Year together under the stars. 
  • We ate at Ji Ji Asian twice - best meals and service we've had on a ship in a very long time.  Lot's of choices and an absurd amount of food. 
  • We ate at Cucina del Capitano once - very good meal and great service too! 
  • We gambled a little, and lost.  Maybe next time. 
  • We shopped and people watched.  
  • We watched a few pier runners just make it to board their NCL ship (the Sun I believe) in Nassau.  The gangway had already been pulled in and the door was closing and the ropes were being pulled in, but they made it.  
  • We rested and laughed a lot, and enjoyed being together. 
  • We loved the Sunshine and will definitely sail on her again.  

Wow! What a great and concise review! Bravo! Well done! That's what cruises are supposed to be about. Do what you want to do. Don't do things that don't interest you. Take advantage of the balcony to escape the chaos going on around you. 

Glad you had a great cruise! Congrats! Kindred spirits. 

Glad I am so sad I never knew the sunshine had so many dining options, I just got off the Horizon in Jan 2019 and said I was hooked having Jijis and the other specialty places to eat that it would be hard to go to a smaller ship. It was by pure luck I looked into Charleston cruises.  I plan on staying on the ship at both ports and enjoying my cheers package in serenity area!! MY question is does Serenity have a bar and have waiters walking around taking drink orders last couple cruises I have seen that decline!! 

3 hours ago, tony_g51181 said:

Glad I am so sad I never knew the sunshine had so many dining options, I just got off the Horizon in Jan 2019 and said I was hooked having Jijis and the other specialty places to eat that it would be hard to go to a smaller ship. It was by pure luck I looked into Charleston cruises.  I plan on staying on the ship at both ports and enjoying my cheers package in serenity area!! MY question is does Serenity have a bar and have waiters walking around taking drink orders last couple cruises I have seen that decline!! 

You betcha Serenity has waiters to take care of you!  The middle Serenity deck has a small bar too so you'll have a back up plan.  I'll be booking another Sunshine cruise for this summer soon - looking forward to gaining a few pounds thanks to Guy's burger, Ji Ji's, Cuccina and Blue Iguana.