Live from the 2020 Grand World Voyage

Scrapnana

Kathi, what airline and type of plane was your flight from Perth to Sydney?  I was on an airbus A330 widebody and found the legroom reasonable.  I'm sorry yours was so bad.  Maybe I was just lucky to be in the right row.

Roy

14 hours ago, Scrapnana said:

For those who don't read my blog on blogspot, I wanted to share this video of the McDonald's in the Sydney airport.  Everyone stopped to look at the bags being delivered.

We actually had a McDonalds here in Jacksonville that had a conveyor belt to the drive through pick up window.  The lot was too narrow for the pick up window on the side, so they put it at the front of the restaurant.  It went from the kitchen, over the heads of the inside diners, to the front pickup window.

2 hours ago, BohJang said:

I wasn't even on the World Cruise.  All I did was follow a number of interesting blogs.  And I'm depressed it's over.

Same!

Still, I'm happy every time I hear the someone got home safely, including my own relatives.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BohJang said:

I wasn't even on the World Cruise.  All I did was follow a number of interesting blogs.  And I'm depressed it's over.

You have the WC blogs to look forward to next year.  WC blog followers are an unique group of caring people. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MMDown Under said:

You must have been relieved when your own relatives arrive home safely. 

Indeed! Thank you!

Now Hubby's aunt and uncle are in quarantine, as they live in Hawaii. I had been concerned that they would have to serve their quarantine on Oahu; they had flown from Australia to Honolulu. I was relieved that the Hawaiian government allowed them to go all the way home to the Big Island.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MamaFej said:

Indeed! Thank you!

Now Hubby's aunt and uncle are in quarantine, as they live in Hawaii. I had been concerned that they would have to serve their quarantine on Oahu; they had flown from Australia to Honolulu. I was relieved that the Hawaiian government allowed them to go all the way home to the Big Island.

Pleased to hear your aunt and uncle were allowed to quarantine in Hawaii.  Being quarantined in Hawaii is on pare with being quarantined in Sunny Queensland.  Same tropical smells!  I love it when Governments use common sense.  And what a beautiful big island it is.  When I flew from Hawaii once, I had in my hand luggage a couple of small jars of unique tropical jam.  I didn't think of jam as liquid!  No confiscation of my treasured purchase.  Just a response to take it around to where I checked in nearby, and ask them to wrap them so they don't break and they'll ensure they get to Honolulu.  Any wonder I love Hawaii and Hawaiians.  

Edited by MMDown Under
  • Like 3