Cruise Critic Community

Someone told me to buy a soda you need to buy a soda package or a drink package that I could not buy them as single ones is that true? 

No.You can buy singles, but it'll cost you. Around $4.00, as I remember from our October cruise. Package runs around $55.00 plus 20% gratuity.Then your soft drinks are unlimited. Happy cruising!!

There will be sodas in your mini fridge - in the neighborhood of $4 each.  You can usually get them at the bar in the buffet as well - same price.

6 minutes ago, Jasukkie said:

Does the soda package provide soda in cans or only fountain soda?

I think that may depend on the ship.  It's always been available in cans on the ships I've been on, but I've seen other posts talking about fountain soda, so you might want to ask about your ship specifically.

3 minutes ago, julig22 said:

I think that may depend on the ship.  It's always been available in cans on the ships I've been on, but I've seen other posts talking about fountain soda, so you might want to ask about your ship specifically.

Yeah I had been told fountain only but on JEWEL it was cans, most servers insisted on opening them one would leave them closed when I explained how difficult it can be in the wheelchair.

I will be on the Getaway, first timer on NCL. Debating getting the soda package, leaning towards not at this point because I don't think I would need more than 2 a day, actually mostly just want seltzer and lime but the occasional can of diet cola would be nice,

7 hours ago, Jasukkie said:

I will be on the Getaway, first timer on NCL. Debating getting the soda package, leaning towards not at this point because I don't think I would need more than 2 a day, actually mostly just want seltzer and lime but the occasional can of diet cola would be nice,

For your purposes, purchasing single cans would be more cost effective. We don't purchase the beverage packages because we never drink enough to warrant the cost.

The soda package does not included canned soda. If you ask for a can they will put a charge on your card. By the way if you show them your card it will state soda package on your card. They will not have to take your card so do not give it up.

On 1/2/2020 at 4:46 PM, jcool said:

Someone told me to buy a soda you need to buy a soda package or a drink package that I could not buy them as single ones is that true? 

no,  you can buys cans of pepsi products sold separately. its about $2.00 per can. if you drink a lot of soda, it'sprobably cheaper tobuy the package, 

The soda package makes economic sense if you drink more than one soda/day.  Individual sodas are over $4 each if you do not have the package, which runs about $8/day.  However, in general cans are seldom available with the soda package.