Cruise Critic Community
bunburyseagull

Which cabin should I choose on the Eclipse C2 2111, C2 2144 , 1552 or 8279

Posted (edited)

Hello, I'm hoping  for some help on these cabins please, should I go for the 1A 8279 or go a higher deck to a C2 cabin 2111, 2144 or 1552, all are the same price, so not sure  whether to take the C2 because of foot stools or take the 1A without stools? Help please lol

Cheers Jill

Edited by bunburyseagull

8 hours ago, bunburyseagull said:

Hello, I'm hoping  for some help on these cabins please, should I go for the 1A 8279 or go a higher deck to a C2 cabin 2111, 2144 or 1552, all are the same price, so not sure  whether to take the C2 because of foot stools or take the 1A without stools? Help please lol

Cheers Jill

I wouldn't choose any of the cabins you have listed for the concierge as they are under public decks so you may, probably will, encounter noise from above.  If a noisy cabin doesn't bother you, any of those would be a good choice.  I had a friend that was deaf in one ear and she would just sleep with her good ear down on the pillow so, she could pick these types of rooms.  

The footstools, if they still have them, are so nice, especially on those slant cabin balconies.  Plus, you get a few extras, albeit, small ones by booking a Concierge Cabin.  The extra points towards your captains club status are always nice, though.  

As for 8279, it is on the smoking side of the ship so you may encounter some smoke wafting up from the smoking area below while you are using your balcony.  It shouldn't be too bad but, it really just depends on how sensitive you are to it.  Now, if that doesn't bother you, that's a decent choice.  

If it were me, because I am rather sensitive to noise and smoke, I would look to find a different cabin altogether.  For me, a smaller balcony would be worth not having those other annoyances ... but, that's just me.  

If it were soley based on those cabins, I would take in this order 1552, 8279, 2111 and lastly 2144.

1552 is an A1.  It is under the back of the Solarium so noise should be minimal.  The veranda is large and faces aft so no wind problems.  You have access to the Persian Gardens and Blu.  That cabin also doesn't have the obstruction from the window washer like the next cabin. Extra CC points over a veranda.  I would have no problem booking this one.

8279 would have some smoke problems from the port side smoking area on deck 5 but not as much as 2111 since you're three decks above.  Large veranda that faces aft so no wind.  No noise since you have cabins above and below.  

2111 would have some noise from above but not much.  Smoke would be a problem from the smoking area on the port side of the pool that could blow back.  Extra CC points over a veranda.  Embarkation Lunch and canapes.  Don't know if they still do the bottle of wine since it's been a while since we've done Concierge.

2144 will be noisy with the rolling carts from the OceanView.  

How far from final payment are you?  Depending, you could book one in the category you prefer and then see if one opens up.  A lot happens around final payment and after.

Hi Thank you so much for your input!

Final payment is in 10 days,  there's not a lot of CC left but I'm not going ahead with those cabins now after hearing replies lol. Could you tell me, do the A1 cabins have foot stools? If not I might just go ahead with the cabin on deck 8 but will change sides so I don't have the smoke waffling up lol, We can choose C1 but they are AFT and not sure how private they are from people looking down on your cabin? Which decks would be best < I've never been in an AFT cabin so not sure if I'd like just looking at the wake the whole time? Opinions would be great please? Thanks 

Jill

Posted (edited)

Without a doubt, I would choose 2111.  It has a larger balcony, and it is under the carpeted area of the deck above.  I wouldn't worry about the smoke as it will be long gone before it reaches Deck 12.  It's in a great area of the ship next to the aft elevators, up to the lawn club, and down to the dining and martini bar.  

We stayed in the suite next door,  no noise, no smoke, and a great location.  You will be extremely happy with that stateroom.

P.S.  If you go to an Aft cabin, everyone above will be able to look down on you.    🍷

Edited by Wine-O

2 hours ago, bunburyseagull said:

Final payment is in 10 days,  there's not a lot of CC left but I'm not going ahead with those cabins now after hearing replies lol. Could you tell me, do the A1 cabins have foot stools? If not I might just go ahead with the cabin on deck 8 but will change sides so I don't have the smoke waffling up lol, We can choose C1 but they are AFT and not sure how private they are from people looking down on your cabin? Which decks would be best < I've never been in an AFT cabin so not sure if I'd like just looking at the wake the whole time? Opinions would be great please? Thanks 

Jill

I personally love looking Aft.  There's something about the wake that is mesmerizing to me.  Plus the full view is incredible.  I've never been bothered by anyone looking down at me.  I kind of actually forget about it.  If you decide to go to a SV or C1, take a look at the pic below.  Some of the cabins have a little wider balcony than the others.  You can tell which ones as they are in the center and have the white space beside it.

The only thing I don't like about the aft on the SClass ships is the sun. Some like some don't.  I choose deck 12 for this purpose but some don't like it because it's under the ocean view bar area.  It all comes down to personal preference and what you like.

Image result for celebrity eclipse aft  aft pictures

3 hours ago, Wine-O said:

Without a doubt, I would choose 2111.  It has a larger balcony, and it is under the carpeted area of the deck above.  I wouldn't worry about the smoke as it will be long gone before it reaches Deck 12.  It's in a great area of the ship next to the aft elevators, up to the lawn club, and down to the dining and martini bar.  

We stayed in the suite next door,  no noise, no smoke, and a great location.  You will be extremely happy with that stateroom.

P.S.  If you go to an Aft cabin, everyone above will be able to look down on you.    🍷

Hi thanks for the info, #2111 is gone now , would C2 1075 be a good next choice? 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, bunburyseagull said:

Hi thanks for the info, #2111 is gone now , would C2 1075 be a good next choice? 

1075 would be a good choice. I think it’s a better choice than 2111 IMO. 1075 has a larger balcony than 2111 also. 

2111 would have some rolling cart noise from above. Slight but some. Plus the deck 12 smoking area port side is close to the cabin. 

Edited by Want2Cruise 701

@bunburyseagull  you seem to be targeting larger balconies. One thing to keep in mind is the 1st & 3rd angled cabins off the straight part of the hump have the largest balconies. The 1st cabins off the forward hump have the largest balconies too. 

Are you familiar with a website cruise deck plans.   You can choose a ship and there’s an option to drag decks. You can line the decks up and see what’s directly above and below a cabin. Sorry I can’t give you the exact website. It’s not allowed here. 

Also what Eclipse sailing is this for? 

I have sailed in 8279 and never smelled smoke. The balcony is huge! I would snap that cabin up on a heartbeat. I don’t know if the same cabin attendant would be there,  but Menino is the best we have ever had.

3 hours ago, Want2Cruise 701 said:

1075 would be a good choice. I think it’s a better choice than 2111 IMO. 1075 has a larger balcony than 2111 also. 

2111 would have some rolling cart noise from above. Slight but some. Plus the deck 12 smoking area port side is close to the cabin. 

Oh gosh now i'm in a dilemma lol I don't know whether to book #1075 ( with foot stools lol) or # 8279 1A without footstools. Help!!

2 hours ago, CruiserMickey said:

I have sailed in 8279 and never smelled smoke. The balcony is huge! I would snap that cabin up on a heartbeat. I don’t know if the same cabin attendant would be there,  but Menino is the best we have ever had.

thank you for this info , I don't no which to book now lol

3 hours ago, Want2Cruise 701 said:

@bunburyseagull  you seem to be targeting larger balconies. One thing to keep in mind is the 1st & 3rd angled cabins off the straight part of the hump have the largest balconies. The 1st cabins off the forward hump have the largest balconies too. 

Are you familiar with a website cruise deck plans.   You can choose a ship and there’s an option to drag decks. You can line the decks up and see what’s directly above and below a cabin. Sorry I can’t give you the exact website. It’s not allowed here. 

Also what Eclipse sailing is this for? 

Hi , we are on the 13 night from Hawaii to Vancouver , 

7 hours ago, Want2Cruise 701 said:

One thing to keep in mind is the 1st & 3rd angled cabins off the straight part of the hump have the largest balconies.

Clarification please. Are the circled cabins the ones you're referencing as having the largest balconies or the ones on the slant that aren't circled; those being 8281, 8285, 8254, and 8258.

Thanks in advance.

1341136296_Annotation2020-01-04093333.thumb.png.3f3ec4836154460dfb840c0fc6d4db87.png

18 minutes ago, Weenah said:

Clarification please. Are the circled cabins the ones you're referencing as having the largest balconies or the ones on the slant that aren't circled; those being 8281, 8285, 8254, and 8258.

Thanks in advance.

1341136296_Annotation2020-01-04093333.thumb.png.3f3ec4836154460dfb840c0fc6d4db87.png

The ones circled are the largest.  They are the 1st and 3rd off the hump.  Forward of the hump, also the 1st and 3rd are the largest, 8257/8253 on the port side, and 8230/8226 on the starboard side.  🍷

4 hours ago, bunburyseagull said:

Oh gosh now i'm in a dilemma lol I don't know whether to book #1075 ( with foot stools lol) or # 8279 1A without footstools. Help!!

Either one are good choices, except I prefer to stay near the aft elevators.  With regard to foot stools, I read somewhere that they have removed them, even for CC.  Not sure if that is true or not.  🍷

Several questions to think about regarding 1075 and 8279.  Would you prefer to be closer to the aft elevators for the MDR, Pool, Oceanview, and Foyer areas or forward for the Theater, Solarium, Sky Lounge and Shops.  Would you prefer the extra CC points.  Would you prefer to be lower on deck 8 or higher on deck 10.  Both will have the bed by the closet I'm pretty sure.  

I would probably choose 8279 but then again it's not my cruise.  You really can't go wrong with either.

9 hours ago, Wine-O said:

Either one are good choices, except I prefer to stay near the aft elevators.  With regard to foot stools, I read somewhere that they have removed them, even for CC.  Not sure if that is true or not.  🍷

I don't believe the S Class ships ever had aft elevators. 

22 hours ago, bunburyseagull said:

Jill

Everyone is different but, I absolutely love the aft facing cabins on an S Class ship.  I never noticed anyone looking down onto my balcony.  The only time you'd be in someone's line of sight is when you are standing near the railing ... not just sitting on your balcony.  Even when standing at the railing, people were more involved at looking at the scenery rather than looking onto your balcony.  

1 hour ago, Cruise Raider said:

I don't believe the S Class ships ever had aft elevators. 

Yes, the S-Class ships have two sets of elevators, one forward and one aft.  The M-Class has three sets of elevators -- one forward, one midship, and one aft.   

You are probably considering the aft bank of 8 elevators as midship? OK.  🍷 

1 hour ago, Cruise Raider said:

Everyone is different but, I absolutely love the aft facing cabins on an S Class ship.  I never noticed anyone looking down onto my balcony.  The only time you'd be in someone's line of sight is when you are standing near the railing ... not just sitting on your balcony.  Even when standing at the railing, people were more involved at looking at the scenery rather than looking onto your balcony.  

There's not much overhang on the aft balconies except for those under the Oceanview Cafe outside seating area.  If you think people are just looking out and not looking down, I don't think so.  You don't have any privacy from up above unless you are back up against your sliders.  🍷