Ultra spacious ocean view suite Serenade of the Seas

Has anyone had the oceanview suite on Serenade of the Seas? There are only a few discussions on it, and not much detail. It appears that it does count as a full suite with all the perks, but i'm looking for experience in the room. It looks amazing, but one review says the master bedroom is against the elevator bank, and they heard the elevators moving all night. I know i've read complaints about noise from the centrum before, but we are usually still awake when that all calms down so that isnt really a concern. 

I don't usually do this,  but since you haven't found much info....................

This is hearsay.  I did NOT stay in this cabin.  My friends did.  They had no complaints about the noise/sound from the elevators.

They DID say that there weren't enough chairs and that the sitting area was inadequately furnished.  But that could have changed -  RC could have responded to the complaints.

46 minutes ago, Petroplex said:

Following. We have friends sailing in this room on the Enchantment, and I would love to hear an actual user experience.

The Enchantment is COMPLETELY different (Vision class) from Serenade (Radiance class).  The OV suites are nothing alike in location or layout.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MiniChunks said:

It appears that it does count as a full suite with all the perks

Is this just Serenade? We will be traveling in an Ultra spacious ocean view on a different ship. Never heard of the extra perks.

7 hours ago, MiniChunks said:

Has anyone had the oceanview suite on Serenade of the Seas? There are only a few discussions on it, and not much detail. It appears that it does count as a full suite with all the perks, but i'm looking for experience in the room. It looks amazing, but one review says the master bedroom is against the elevator bank, and they heard the elevators moving all night. I know i've read complaints about noise from the centrum before, but we are usually still awake when that all calms down so that isnt really a concern. 

If this is category 1K, we use these rooms regularly. They’re not suites and have no perks. Just regular rooms but with windows looking out the front of the ship. On lower desks you can sometimes hear the theatre’s later show but we only know that from having young kids. 
We are a family of 5 and it’s comfortable. 

41 minutes ago, Billy Baltic said:

If this is category 1K, we use these rooms regularly. They’re not suites and have no perks. Just regular rooms but with windows looking out the front of the ship. On lower desks you can sometimes hear the theatre’s later show but we only know that from having young kids. 
We are a family of 5 and it’s comfortable. 

No I don't believe it is. It's room 1054 where the CL used to be. 

Screenshot_20200103-190405_Chrome.jpg

52 minutes ago, jennyumaa said:

Is this just Serenade? We will be traveling in an Ultra spacious ocean view on a different ship. Never heard of the extra perks.

I've only seen Oceanview cabins getting suite privelidges on voyager and freedom classes with the panoramic Oceanview suites. Apparently cabin 1054 on radiance class does as well. 

2 minutes ago, MiniChunks said:

I've only seen Oceanview cabins getting suite privelidges on voyager and freedom classes with the panoramic Oceanview suites. Apparently cabin 1054 on radiance class does as well. 

Right, the panoramic suites are completely different from 1K ultra spacious rooms.

I just booked this exact same cabin (Cat. VT 1054) on Jewel yesterday.  I have been searching over multiple social media forums for info too on this type of cabin and there is not much out there other than a few videos.  The thing that I was most concerned about and looking for feedback on were noise (from the centrum and elevator bank). 

For the sailing I was looking at, this cabin was about $200 more than a Junior suite but it receives full suite benefits (like the Panoramic suites, Cat.VP, on Freedom and Voyager class) so I decided to grab this instead of the JS.  I figured for a 5 night cruise, I wouldn't miss the balcony too much.  But yes, definitely interested to see if others have more feedback on it.

I was in 9586 on Jewel for 14 nights and never heard anything from the centrum. We did have the benefit of the fire door that you lose on the elevator side, so I suppose it could get louder on that side. We also didn't spend much time in the room while the centrum was active. When we were there I heard nothing. I'm hoping that the elevators aren't obnoxious if we book 1054.

We sail Radiance class a lot, and 9078 and 1056(serenade) are among our favorite cabins.  9078 is directly below the cabin you have and lately we have noticed noise from the Centrum band playing, but no noise from the elevators.

We try to pick a cabin right next to the Centrum for the convenience.  They usually close the fire doors into the hallways around 10 p.m., and that helps with the noise from the bands.  Also, if you don't get back to your cabin until after the band stops playing, there is no noise problem.  I would take the cabin you have in a heartbeat.  I think we have been in 9078 about 15 times, and have it again in 2021.  Unfortunately it was booked for this September, or I would have grabbed it.  

6 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

I don't usually do this,  but since you haven't found much info....................

This is hearsay.  I did NOT stay in this cabin.  My friends did.  They had no complaints about the noise/sound from the elevators.

They DID say that there weren't enough chairs and that the sitting area was inadequately furnished.  But that could have changed -  RC could have responded to the complaints.

Thank you for the info. I somehow missed your reply earlier. I'm not usually checking CC on my phone. 

14 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I just booked this exact same cabin (Cat. VT 1054) on Jewel yesterday.  I have been searching over multiple social media forums for info too on this type of cabin and there is not much out there other than a few videos.  The thing that I was most concerned about and looking for feedback on were noise (from the centrum and elevator bank). 

For the sailing I was looking at, this cabin was about $200 more than a Junior suite but it receives full suite benefits (like the Panoramic suites, Cat.VP, on Freedom and Voyager class) so I decided to grab this instead of the JS.  I figured for a 5 night cruise, I wouldn't miss the balcony too much.  But yes, definitely interested to see if others have more feedback on it.

I'm taking my family on a Baltics cruise this summer and planned to put them in this cabin so they would have suite benefits since I was reading posts to that effect.  However the booking agent at Next Cruise checked several times (at my insistence) and said it was considered like a junior suite and did not receive a gold card, no matter what others said.  Rather than promise something they might not get, I booked connecting balconies for the family.  

Edited by MindyJohn

What a great cabin especially for a family. I think you’ll love it.

We’ve been on deck 7 right below this room, first one after the elevator banks.  We heard noise only from the centrum when our door were open.  They closed the door to the hall at night and that was more irritating because folks would let it slam shut.  We use a sound machine and slept just fine but we also don’t go to bed early.  It was so convenient too. It was a great cabin and I wouldn’t hesitate to book it again.