Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
cello56

Explorer Forward Cabin Size

Recommended Posts

Does anyone know if the forward facing cabins on Explorer - 9502,9504, 9202,9204  are the same size? (I know the central ones are bigger because they are family cabins.) I am wondering if you lose square footage if you take the cabins on the end. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just by chance DW and I will be in one of the cabins in early Feb.

When we booked we were told “Spacious” window cabin, and that it was larger than standard cabins 

I can check it out and get back to you

 

Eddie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cello 56, 

 

I think those rooms will be part of the March/April dry dock face lift.   I was on a site last night that showed a redesigned room, just a bit smaller, for sailings after dry dock.

 

Eddie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Eddie Wilson said:

Cello 56, 

 

I think those rooms will be part of the March/April dry dock face lift.   I was on a site last night that showed a redesigned room, just a bit smaller, for sailings after dry dock.

 

Eddie

It is extremely rare for Royal to reconfigure existing cabins that will stay as the same category  during a drydock 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It is extremely rare for Royal to reconfigure existing cabins that will stay as the same category  during a drydock 

 

Ourusualbeach, I agree with you, I thought that strange.   But I came across this last night, I assumed any changes would be done at dry dock because I can't see where they would have time to change while not in dry dock.

 

Tell me how you read this.....it is at https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/Explorer-of-the-Seas

 

Then look in the blue box for the following note:  

Please note:

Next drydock in April 2020. Adding The Perfect Storm ...........Rockets Express and Starbucks. Click on tab for deck plans starting May 2021 to see changes.

 

 

So if you click deck 9, and the Starts Mat 7, 2021 tab, gosh darn if its not a completely different room layout.  

I think its sort of strange?

 

Eddie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Eddie Wilson said:

 

Ourusualbeach, I agree with you, I thought that strange.   But I came across this last night, I assumed any changes would be done at dry dock because I can't see where they would have time to change while not in dry dock.

 

Tell me how you read this.....it is at https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/Explorer-of-the-Seas

 

Then look in the blue box for the following note:  

Please note:

Next drydock in April 2020. Adding The Perfect Storm ...........Rockets Express and Starbucks. Click on tab for deck plans starting May 2021 to see changes.

 

 

So if you click deck 9, and the Starts Mat 7, 2021 tab, gosh darn if its not a completely different room layout.  

I think its sort of strange?

 

Eddie

That's not a Royal site.  They have just cut and pasted wrong cabin images.  Even Royal screws up the images on their own website.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with you, but it still seems strange to me.  It has the note about all the other changes with dry dock (lots of them); Where did they come up with the May 7 date?  Where did they come up with the redesigned cabin artwork?

 

It does not really concern me, but I thought the OP may be interested since the request was for one of 4 specific cabins.  

 

Eddie

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter Now for a Chance to Win a 7-day Cruise for Two
      • Q&A with InsureMyTrip
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...