Access Key Validation?

happygolucky62

On 1/4/2020 at 4:03 AM, happygolucky62 said:

My voyage is booked and yesterday I paid it in full.

At the bottom of my Account page there has been a place to put in a code for "Access Key Validation".

Does anyone know what this is for, and when we will get the code?

I asked a virgin rep this over chat.  I was told it’s a future feature (unknown) and nothing to be concerned about at this time.

• 2 weeks later...

Access Key Validation is for PROMO CODES.

I used EATSLEEPCRUISELOOT which I believe entitles me to OBC.

If they called it PROMO CODE or COUPON, everyone would be scouring the internet searching for codes.

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, happygolucky62 said:

Oh my gosh! Thanks! I just got $400!

Did you add it after booking?

I entered it during the booking process for a sneak peek cruise.  It validated it,  added it as USED, and displays in my account, but don't see any dollar values on my account. 

Response from VV to my inquiry:

“We are so excited that you will be coming aboard with us for both our Sneak-a-Peek sailings. Our current offer for on board credit, Sailor Loot as we like to say, is for Sailings starting April 1st and after. The Sneak-a-Peek sailings are not part of this limited time offer.

There will be plenty of surprises during your voyage but we wouldn't wan't to spoil the fun and give all the deets away 😉

We look forward to seeing you on board very soon.

Cheers!
Sailor Services Crew”

Just sharing the info. Not concerned about the promo.

21 hours ago, perditax said:

Response from VV to my inquiry:

“We are so excited that you will be coming aboard with us for both our Sneak-a-Peek sailings. Our current offer for on board credit, Sailor Loot as we like to say, is for Sailings starting April 1st and after. The Sneak-a-Peek sailings are not part of this limited time offer.

There will be plenty of surprises during your voyage but we wouldn't wan't to spoil the fun and give all the deets away 😉

We look forward to seeing you on board very soon.

Cheers!
Sailor Services Crew”

Just sharing the info. Not concerned about the promo.

I will be looking for some information on how they organize the dining areas with having no MDR.  I am hopeful to get that info for our cruise later this year.  I wanted all of you to go first and work out the kinks!  🙂

On 1/24/2020 at 6:34 AM, rbt001 said:

If they called it PROMO CODE or COUPON, everyone would be scouring the internet searching for codes.

Thanks for the tip, it worked for me too! The only problem is it looks like it can only be used for a future booking. I wonder if there’s a way to get it transferred to my current booking. I guess if worst comes to worst I can cancel and rebook? 

I booked back on Valentine's Day when they first opened.

I am fully paid as of last week. I am getting the free bottle of Champagne since I am in the early sailings.

When I put the "Access Key in that rbt001 so kindly shared, it popped up and said "You've got Booty".

When I click on Tell me more, it then gives the promo information. I am (maybe stupidly) assuming it is for the sailing I have booked.

I guess I will have to wait and see.

It doesn't really make sense that Guests who booked prior to their Promo would be left out, but maybe I am being Naive.

Oh, well, I am just excited about everything right now and not much would dampen my spirits.

I REALLY hope that all who are sailing in the first few weeks share EVERYTHING with us!

On 1/24/2020 at 9:34 AM, rbt001 said:

Thanks!  I gave it a try and it says "You've got Booty".   The screen that popped up on the right seems to indicate $200.  I took a screenshot.  If I get it, great.  If not, oh well.  I'll find out in August.

On 1/25/2020 at 6:22 PM, LincolnLog said:

Thanks for the tip, it worked for me too! The only problem is it looks like it can only be used for a future booking. I wonder if there’s a way to get it transferred to my current booking. I guess if worst comes to worst I can cancel and rebook? 

It looks like it lets you use it to book another cruise

Edited by reallyme

On 1/27/2020 at 9:31 AM, Kesali said:

Thanks!  I gave it a try and it says "You've got Booty".   The screen that popped up on the right seems to indicate $200.  I took a screenshot.  If I get it, great.  If not, oh well.  I'll find out in August.

The access key screen is not tied to a cruise. If you look at the image, it says "book a voyage", so the offer is for a future booking

14 minutes ago, reallyme said:

The access key screen is not tied to a cruise. If you look at the image, it says "book a voyage", so the offer is for a future booking

Hmm, ok thanks.  I was logged into my account when I did this so I thought it assigned it to my upcoming cruise.  When I logged in again, it still shows it under my account but yes, I see now where it says book a voyage.  lol  Ah well.

I just got off the phone to Virgin.... I successfully (or so I thought) added the code last week. It says I’ve ‘Got Loot’ etc in my account but after the conversation on this thread I wanted to double check. The representative says the Sailer Loot onboard credit only applies to NEW bookings and not mine.... she said she could cancel my room and rebook it, but it would be at today’s price and since my suite category was sold out she couldn’t tell me what that would be, so if it was more then $400 it obviously wouldn’t be worth it to add this credit. 

Pretty annoyed that it let me add the code and pretty clearly displays to me (especially when you click on the ‘tell me more’ tab) that I’ve got $400 credit when I apparently don’t. The code should have just not worked on my account, or it should have taken to me to ‘new booking’ page then so it was clear. 

I pushed to see if there was anything else she could offer me in terms of perks but was told no, only the rebooking option, but since I booked so long ago I apparently got a good price so it likely wouldn’t be worth risking that.

Edited by JoeKrano

On 1/26/2020 at 7:54 AM, Nymich said:

I will be looking for some information on how they organize the dining areas with having no MDR.  I am hopeful to get that info for our cruise later this year.  I wanted all of you to go first and work out the kinks!  🙂

I’m also keen to know how they are will organise dining reservations, presuming there will need to be some order to it. I would imagine using the app to make such reservations.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know, or have already done this.... if the EATSLEEPCRUISELOOT promo code is combinable with the current onboard credit promo they are running?  This would basically double the amount of credit given for the booking then.  I'll call them in a bit and ask but just checking here first.

If you're talking about the bar tab preload with the extra $100 added along with up to $400 sailor loot offer - yes! Whether or not you qualify for the sailor loot depends on when you booked your cruise. They did that for us. But remember the bar $ can only be used at the bars on the ship or on Bimini.

Just now, twodjs said:

If you're talking about the bar tab preload with the extra $100 added along with up to $400 sailor loot offer - yes! Whether or not you qualify for the sailor loot depends on when you booked your cruise. They did that for us. But remember the bar $ can only be used at the bars on the ship or on Bimini.

No, its not the bar tab promo.  Its the current sailor loot promo.  The access code also gives you sailor loot, but unsure if they're combinable or not.

15 minutes ago, poidog81 said:

Does anyone know, or have already done this.... if the EATSLEEPCRUISELOOT promo code is combinable with the current onboard credit promo they are running?  This would basically double the amount of credit given for the booking then.  I'll call them in a bit and ask but just checking here first.

I called this week to try to do that. They wouldn’t let me do it that way, but I was still able to get it in a roundabout way. Since they have the same promotion going right now for future bookings, they just canceled my cruise and rebooked it. Everything stayed the same but I got $200 onboard credit added to my account. (It’s more if you have a suite, less for an inside.) The only catch is that if your cruise price went up since you booked it then you will have to pay the difference. Obviously it’s not going to be worth it if it’s gone up much. 

1 minute ago, LincolnLog said:

I called this week to try to do that. They wouldn’t let me do it that way, but I was still able to get it in a roundabout way. Since they have the same promotion going right now for future bookings, they just canceled my cruise and rebooked it. Everything stayed the same but I got $200 onboard credit added to my account. (It’s more if you have a suite, less for an inside.) The only catch is that if your cruise price went up since you booked it then you will have to pay the difference. Obviously it’s not going to be worth it if it’s gone up much. 

I'm doing a new booking...  So, were you able to get the EATSLEEPCRUISELOOT promo sailor loot PLUS the current running sailor loot promo?

So on a Terrace cabin example -

EATSLEEPCRUISELOOT Promo $200

Current Promo $200

For a total of $400 in sailor loot

3 minutes ago, poidog81 said:

I'm doing a new booking...  So, were you able to get the EATSLEEPCRUISELOOT promo sailor loot PLUS the current running sailor loot promo?

So on a Terrace cabin example -

EATSLEEPCRUISELOOT Promo $200

Current Promo $200

For a total of $400 in sailor loot

Oh I see what you’re saying. No I was not able to combine them. I was only able to get the current promo. It might be different for you though since yours is a new booking. 

I just got off the phone with VV and the agent had to check with a manager, the EATSLEEPCRUISELOOT (or any other access code) is not combinable with the current Wave sailor loot promotion.  It's one or the other, you cannot combine.

Dang.