Gratuity Denali 3 day land/Sea cruise - how to tip

Hello.  Am booked on a Triple Denali Land/Sea Cruise to Alaska.  I booked with a free gratuities promo..  How does that work?  Do I still tip at the restaurant or the bar?  How about the room steward?  I believe it is a $16 per person daily value.  Should I leave extra?  Just don't know how to do this.  Thanks for your help.

The free gratuities promo covers the Hotel Service Charge which is $15/16 per person per day.  This covers all staff with the exception of the bar staff.  The gratuities on beverages is paid through the additional 15% that is added to your beverage bill at the time of ordering.

You do not need to tip any extra but may do so if you want to.

The free gratuity promo does not cover the land portion. If you dine in a restaurant or get a drink at the bar at your hotel, you would tip as you normally do. I am not sure about the Land Dining Program that some purchase...that MAY include the gratuity (?).

Edited by PSR

Yes PSR, you are correct.   If a cruiser purchases the Meal Vouchers for the Land portion, gratuities are included:

YOUR GREAT LAND DINING PLAN INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING MEALS ON THE OVERLAND PORTION OF YOUR LAND+SEA JOURNEY:

• Breakfast, including a menu entrée (or buffet, if available), plus coffee or tea and gratuity

• Box lunch on the Denali Tundra Wilderness Tour

• Lunch on the McKinley Explorer® with an entrée, non-alcoholic

beverage and gratuity included

• Dinner, including soup or salad, entrée, non-alcoholic beverage and dessert, as well as gratuity

• Triple Denali dining plans include the Music of Denali dinner theater at Gold Nugget Saloon as one of their dinners