Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Please look for and post on existing COVID-19 threads before posting a new one.
casofilia

2020 List of NCL Officers, Hotel Director, Concierge, Crew, etc

Recommended Posts

Current list for Breakaway Jan 31, 2020

Captain Matko Candrlic

Gen Mgr Joao Gigante

Asst Gen Mgr Plamenko

Cruise Director Paquito

Food & Bev Director Mihaela

Guest Services Mgr Denny

Executive Housekeeper Carmencita

Executive Chef Menino

Restaurant Mgr Herman

Beverage Mgr Adele

Concierge Haven Martina

Asst Concierge Cherisa

Haven Restaurant Christina, Seychelle

Haven Bar Kelvin, Gede, Tyron

 

There are some other people in the Haven, whose names I, sadly, forget.

 

If you go to Le Bistro, you'll meet Alen and Love. (Yep, real names.)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Suite Heart said:

Current list for Breakaway Jan 31, 2020

Captain Matko Candrlic

Gen Mgr Joao Gigante

Asst Gen Mgr Plamenko

Cruise Director Paquito

Food & Bev Director Mihaela

Guest Services Mgr Denny

Executive Housekeeper Carmencita

Executive Chef Menino

Restaurant Mgr Herman

Beverage Mgr Adele

Concierge Haven Martina

Asst Concierge Cherisa

Haven Restaurant Christina, Seychelle

Haven Bar Kelvin, Gede, Tyron

 

There are some other people in the Haven, whose names I, sadly, forget.

 

If you go to Le Bistro, you'll meet Alen and Love. (Yep, real names.)

 

 

 

Who were the Cruise Next folks.   Thanks in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Suite Heart said:

Current list for Breakaway Jan 31, 2020

Captain Matko Candrlic

Gen Mgr Joao Gigante

Asst Gen Mgr Plamenko

Cruise Director Paquito

Food & Bev Director Mihaela

Guest Services Mgr Denny

Executive Housekeeper Carmencita

Executive Chef Menino

Restaurant Mgr Herman

Beverage Mgr Adele

Concierge Haven Martina

Asst Concierge Cherisa

Haven Restaurant Christina, Seychelle

Haven Bar Kelvin, Gede, Tyron

 

There are some other people in the Haven, whose names I, sadly, forget.

 

If you go to Le Bistro, you'll meet Alen and Love. (Yep, real names.)

 

 

What was your experience with Martina? Is she a good concierge? For reference, my all time favorite concierge is Roel, close second Adrian, and close third, Patrick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, maja651 said:

What was your experience with Martina? Is she a good concierge? For reference, my all time favorite concierge is Roel, close second Adrian, and close third, Patrick.

Bruno will be the concierge on Breakaway in April 2020

 

 

 

 

 

(April Fools!  3 months early)

BTW how was the b2b in the Garden Villa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Landl cruiser said:

 

Who were the Cruise Next folks.   Thanks in advance.

Sorry,  I don't have that info ;-(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, maja651 said:

What was your experience with Martina? Is she a good concierge? For reference, my all time favorite concierge is Roel, close second Adrian, and close third, Patrick.

 

I did get Patrick a couple of years ago and LOVED him! Haven't met Adrian or Roel, though.

 

Martina was fab! We started a running joke about being evil-twin sisters 'cause we are both gingers. 

 

She got me to shows early, booked a couple of last-minute  dining rezs, and was always available for consultation. Personality for days!!

Edited by Suite Heart
Additions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know who will be the cruise director on Encore in April? Thank you! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Lanic24 said:

Does anyone know who will be the cruise director on Encore in April? Thank you! 

Depending on when in April, it should be Silas.  He is currently on vacation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, david_sobe said:

Bruno will be the concierge on Breakaway in April 2020

 

 

 

 

 

(April Fools!  3 months early)

BTW how was the b2b in the Garden Villa

Lol! OMG you are too funny! I first read that and thought, oh noooooooo! Lol

 

GV BTb was amazing! Roel was over the top amazing for that cruise.  I mean he escorted us off the ship EVERY TIME we left the ship. He met us up in the villa, held the elevator and we just left the ship with him. He also escorted us to dinner when we went, he came up to the room a lot to chat (he has such a fabulous guy!) and just in general was super personable. Jane was our butler  and she too was over the top amazing!  We have always had great butlers, but Jane was definitely one of the best. Our room steward was great too, he even had cushions made for the villa outdoor chairs when we asked for more comfy chairs outside. Overall, just an over the top, once in a lifetime trip. Oh- and I almost forgot. The last day of the cruise they put together a party in our room with lots of champs and food, for the HD, Food and Bev D and another officer to come socialize with us. We didn’t ask for this, they asked if they could. Apparently, it is very rare to have someone book the GV BTb and they wanted to thank us. It was just crazy how great everything was!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Suite Heart said:

 

I did get Patrick a couple of years ago and LOVED him! Haven't met Adrian or Roel, though.

 

Martina was fab! We started a running joke about being evil-twin sisters 'cause we are both gingers. 

 

She got me to shows early, booked a couple of last-minute  dining rezs, and was always available for consultation. Personality for days!!

Thank you for your feedback! I’m looking forward to meeting her!  We’re you actually in the Haven or in a suite ‘off site’. We are in a forward facing suite outside of the Haven and I wonder if that will impact our level of service.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, maja651 said:

Thank you for your feedback! I’m looking forward to meeting her!  We’re you actually in the Haven or in a suite ‘off site’. We are in a forward facing suite outside of the Haven and I wonder if that will impact our level of service.

I had a forward penthouse on Getaway.  The room was beautiful and separate living room/bedroom.  Just be prepared to walk everywhere being that forward.  We had Adrian so the level of service was excellent but staying outside the Haven was definitely missed.  We almost felt like outsiders.  However just remind yourself the price reflects what you get.  For a lower price you get a great room with a taste of the Haven.  I think we also agree that the Breakaway class ships are our least favorites when it comes to the Haven.  The Epic is bigger and better.  I am on Encore in 3 weeks so I am curious to try this new ship out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

I had a forward penthouse on Getaway.  The room was beautiful and separate living room/bedroom.  Just be prepared to walk everywhere being that forward.  We had Adrian so the level of service was excellent but staying outside the Haven was definitely missed.  We almost felt like outsiders.  However just remind yourself the price reflects what you get.  For a lower price you get a great room with a taste of the Haven.  I think we also agree that the Breakaway class ships are our least favorites when it comes to the Haven.  The Epic is bigger and better.  I am on Encore in 3 weeks so I am curious to try this new ship out.

Thanks David. I kind of expect this ‘outsider’ feeling, so I’m glad we booked 10th deck forward penthouse. I figured it would be nicer to be closer to the action of decks 6-8 then the Haven.  And yes, we agree the Epic has a much better Haven then Breakaway class.  I did like the Haven sundeck area on deck 17 of the Getaway, so we may end up going up there in sea days. For dining, with the dining package and platinum benefits, plus the Velvet show, I doubt we will ever eat in the Haven. We like breakfast in the room, and lunch is not a big deal to us. 
I can’t wait to hear about your Encore experience!  Those front observation areas look amazing! Are you in a Haven suite for that cruise?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, maja651 said:

Thanks David. I kind of expect this ‘outsider’ feeling, so I’m glad we booked 10th deck forward penthouse. I figured it would be nicer to be closer to the action of decks 6-8 then the Haven.  And yes, we agree the Epic has a much better Haven then Breakaway class.  I did like the Haven sundeck area on deck 17 of the Getaway, so we may end up going up there in sea days. For dining, with the dining package and platinum benefits, plus the Velvet show, I doubt we will ever eat in the Haven. We like breakfast in the room, and lunch is not a big deal to us. 
I can’t wait to hear about your Encore experience!  Those front observation areas look amazing! Are you in a Haven suite for that cruise?

Yes, booked a 2 bedroom suite adjacent to the observation lounge. Hoping Adrian is still on board in 3 weeks.  Its a shame you guys wont eat at the Haven, its a huge perk but to each their own.  We are not pool people so we really don't use the Haven courtyard.  People always ask and debate the question here Haven penthouse or Forward Penthouse.  I have had both and I would take the Haven penthouse every time unless the price difference was huge.  I did not care for the Haven sundeck on Getaway either.  Posh is so much better.  But these newer PLUS class ships have almost doubled the size of the Haven sundeck with 2 giant hot tubs.  So that is really nice.  Everything about the Haven on the Breakaway class ships seemed like an afterthought IMHO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, notarangelo said:

who will be the officers on the Encore, beginning of April thanks....general manager....

Jovo should be back by then. He's on vacation now, and Marc is filling in, who's also great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, david_sobe said:

Bruno will be the concierge on Breakaway in April 2020

 

 

 

 

 

(April Fools!  3 months early)

BTW how was the b2b in the Garden Villa

  We had Bruno Detone as our concierge on the Jade in November.  He was amazing! We had excellent service from him as well as Mauro, his assistance and from Lucas all went over and above our expectations!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We really enjoy chatting to Bruno whether we are in a suite or an inside, he is a fabulous person.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, david_sobe said:

Yes, booked a 2 bedroom suite adjacent to the observation lounge. Hoping Adrian is still on board in 3 weeks.  Its a shame you guys wont eat at the Haven, its a huge perk but to each their own.  We are not pool people so we really don't use the Haven courtyard.  People always ask and debate the question here Haven penthouse or Forward Penthouse.  I have had both and I would take the Haven penthouse every time unless the price difference was huge.  I did not care for the Haven sundeck on Getaway either.  Posh is so much better.  But these newer PLUS class ships have almost doubled the size of the Haven sundeck with 2 giant hot tubs.  So that is really nice.  Everything about the Haven on the Breakaway class ships seemed like an afterthought IMHO.

Adrian just started his vacation last week. Doubt he will be back in 3 weeks. He will be on in April when I sail.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, knitlady037 said:

Adrian just started his vacation last week. Doubt he will be back in 3 weeks. He will be on in April when I sail.

 

Do you know who replaced him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, david_sobe said:

Yes, booked a 2 bedroom suite adjacent to the observation lounge. Hoping Adrian is still on board in 3 weeks.  Its a shame you guys wont eat at the Haven, its a huge perk but to each their own.  We are not pool people so we really don't use the Haven courtyard.  People always ask and debate the question here Haven penthouse or Forward Penthouse.  I have had both and I would take the Haven penthouse every time unless the price difference was huge.  I did not care for the Haven sundeck on Getaway either.  Posh is so much better.  But these newer PLUS class ships have almost doubled the size of the Haven sundeck with 2 giant hot tubs.  So that is really nice.  Everything about the Haven on the Breakaway class ships seemed like an afterthought IMHO.

Adrian just started his vacation last week. Doubt he will be back in 3 weeks. He will be on in April when I sail.

 

Edited by knitlady037
mistake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, casofilia said:

We really enjoy chatting to Bruno whether we are in a suite or an inside, he is a fabulous person.

As you know we all have our views. We do not agree with you at all.

 

He may fabulous but yet again I will repeat - he is not a patch on David or Adrian.

 

 

Edited by bmwman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know Iris Alegado? Or which ship she is on. Or even still with NCL. She was our concierge on the Sun in 2018. Thought someone said she was on the Breakaway but not according to the recent list. Any information is appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, david_sobe said:

Do you know who replaced him?

 

Armando de Guzman -- and I do not think Adrian will be going back to Encore next contract. 

 

Edited by romalley99

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...