Are Long Beach / Pacific Cruises Bumpy?

We are looking to do a cruise on the Carnival Panorama which departs from Long Beach and travels south to Mexico and back. Years ago we did a similar cruise on Princess and found the return trip up the coast extremely bumpy.  That was a winter cruise. We are thinking about a summer cruise. We were wondering if that makes a difference or if other people have had similar rocky weather on the pacific side. We mostly cruise in the Caribbean and don’t mind the motion in the boat there but I’m worried the other coast might be a little rougher. 

any input would be appreciated. 

thanks!

Any cruise, anywhere in the world, (except river cruises!) can hit rough seas.   We've done multiple West Coast cruises, both south and north from LA/San Diego , in both summer and winter.,   We have never had the rough seas we experienced in other parts of the world such as the Tasman and Coral Seas, or the North Atlantic.   That doesn't mean it can't happen, but it isn't the norm.    It's been quite a few years since we did Caribbean cruises, but I remember some very rough seas there also at times.    I don't think anyone can predict what our weather will do more than 10 days or so in advance.   

A million people could say it has always been smooth but that doesn’t mean your cruise will be.

newer larger ships with stabilisers will deal better with any rough stuff and the captain will do his best to avoid the worst if it, but it will be what it will be.

Agree with everyone else...you can't predict Mother Nature.

Our experience...sailing back to Long Beach/San Pedro from Mexico...it was the only time I got seasick...barfbags placed everywhere on the ship. 

Also bumpy to one person, may not be bumpy to another. I just went to Mexico and then TP on the Splendor, a very small sway to me and others thought there were 50 foot swells. If you are asking because you get seasick, then prepare yourself ahead of time, and start taking Bonine before you get on the ship.

Edited by crzndeb