Majesty Diamond situation

21 hours ago, Happycruiser17 said:

Attached is a letter I just sent to Mr. Bayley's office:

Mr. Bayley,

I am currently on the Majesty, B/B/B.  Last night at the upper tier event we were informed that there will not be an evening event for Diamond/DIAMOND PLUS/Pinnacle guests but only 3 drinks on our Seapass card. I feel this is short-sighted on whomever is responsible for this decision and this treatment of your loyal guests is DESPICABLE!   Pinnacle, with over 700 points, and  we, who have over 600 points get the same benefit as those with 80 points?   WOW!!!!   We are close to Pinnacle and when we reach this plateau we will NOT be loyal to Royal any longer, but will look at MSC etc. Another perk bites the dust...don't bother to book the Majesty!      Wallace Stiving

Did you get an answer ?

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, cgncruiser said:

P.S. I believe the discussion here also shows the different consumer rights. Here in Europe, if you book a family resort and later they close the children playground because it's too expensive to maintain, you are entitled for a free of charge rebooking or withdrawal of booking with full refund. 

I wished they offered that in the USA for fully paid future MJ bookings.

We shall stand united here in this case , D,D+,Pins and Suites

This is the exact problem with pure, unfettered, unregulated capitalism. No protection for the consumer in the good ole USA, all hail the mighty Corporations and their corporate welfare!

Edited by Moltar

17 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Unfortunately for your hypothesis, the information on the internet says otherwise.

It was not just the Anthem that made this change this month.  Several other ships sent out these notices (D+ barred from CL), including some Vision and Radiance class ships, not on "longer" cruises.

Carol spare us the lofty attitude for a change 🙄.

Unfortunately for your response, this post wasn’t talking about the CL booting issue. It was about 120 people making D/D+ on the last Anthem sailing. 

So in Europe does the court discern between the cruise fare and cruise contract that you pay for versus a complimentary loyalty program that you don't explicitly pay for?

Not trying to instigate, genuinely curious.  There must be car hires and airline loyalty programs in Europe.  If you buy a plane ticket do any perks for belonging to the airline's loyalty program become covered by the same consumer laws that govern the actual basic flight services the common carrier is providing?

For example if you are given a complimentary upgrade to first class after buying a coach ticket and then the flight violates a consumer protection law, is your award based on flying in first class or the class of service you purchased? 

Diamond events and CAS benefits are not part of the cruise contract.  They are offered as part of a free loyalty program.  Simply taking a cruise and paying for that cruise doesn't equate to paying a membership fee into a loyalty program.  You bought a cruise.  You technically haven't paid anything explicitly for the CAS.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, twangster said:

NE (the proper shortcut for Empress) has had nothing taken away.  It never had a nightly event, never had a DL.  She has sailed for years like this.  

Nothing in CAS is an entitlement.  They can and will change the terms and conditions anytime they want to, that is written into the terms and conditions.

BTW - not pregnant.

Twangster, you are mistaken on this. I was on the Empress in January 2018 and there was a nightly event for D+ and Pinnacle in the Viking Crown Lounge. We went each evening. No hot or cold apps, but a nice meeting place.

D+.jpg

59 minutes ago, L454S said:

Twangster, you are mistaken on this. I was on the Empress in January 2018 and there was a nightly event for D+ and Pinnacle in the Viking Crown Lounge. We went each evening. No hot or cold apps, but a nice meeting place.

I'd argue a venue that is open to the public and offers nothing unique to Diamond members isn't a Diamond event.  It's a valiant effort, but what sets the VCL apart from a new cruisers who has never sailed before?

What you describe is the Gold event, and the Platinum event, and the Emerald event and the never-cruised event.

On my Empress cruises it was also the teens hangout event at that hour.  

Sorry, that is not a Diamond event despite a piece of paper that says so.

In 2019 the VCL on Empress didn't offer unlimited drinks:

88885218_NEDletter.jpeg.c383108cab96ac64e51d97119d83e065.jpeg

Congratulations though, you just solved the Majesty issue for Royal.  Take this letter, and change Empress to Majesty.  Boom.  Problem solved.  Majesty has a Diamond event, open to the whole ship.  No food, no unlimited drinks, anyone can go.  But the paper says it's a Diamond event so problem solved.  

Edited by twangster
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

We will be sailing on Majesty out of New Orleans on 25 January.  As things stand, there will be no diamond event in the VCL.  As I understand, 3 drinks from the “approved” alcohol list will be loaded on my card every night.   

I enjoy a weekly vodka martini every Saturday and only wine other nights.  Does anybody know if a vodka martini is included in the “approved” list of my 3 pre-loaded drinks?

27 minutes ago, twonpcb said:

We will be sailing on Majesty out of New Orleans on 25 January.  As things stand, there will be no diamond event in the VCL.  As I understand, 3 drinks from the “approved” alcohol list will be loaded on my card every night.   

I enjoy a weekly vodka martini every Saturday and only wine other nights.  Does anybody know if a vodka martini is included in the “approved” list of my 3 pre-loaded drinks?

It is, made with New Amsterdam vodka.  

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, twangster said:

It is, made with New Amsterdam vodka.  

I don’t know this vodka.  I’m not a Grey Goose kinda guy.  My liking leans more towards Luksosova.  Is that even in the neighborhood?

2 minutes ago, twonpcb said:

I don’t know this vodka.  I’m not a Grey Goose kinda guy.  My liking leans more towards Luksosova.  Is that even in the neighborhood?

The only "free" vodka served is New Amsterdam.

8 hours ago, kruzerci said:

Carol spare us the lofty attitude for a change 🙄.

Unfortunately for your response, this post wasn’t talking about the CL booting issue. It was about 120 people making D/D+ on the last Anthem sailing. 

I appear to have offended you.  (again?)  That was not my intention.

I thought that the posts were about the situation of changing benefits for D/D+, specific to the Majesty and its VCL, and then added to the issue that Anthem did not allow D+ in the Concierge Lounge on the January 5 sailing.

Apparently I was wrong about that.

16 hours ago, cgncruiser said:

The whole situation is wrecked. C&A members are stripped of a dedicated lounge, suite guests (as of next week)are granted 3 drink vouchers which is a C&A exclusive benefit.

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Suites, unless Diamond or above, don’t get 3 drinks on SeaPass. So now that they have no Diamond/suite event on MJ, I guess Suites are just SOL. It seems like this is a perk that was paid for as a Suite guest. Could someone onboard confirm the Suites perks now? Thanks 

According to the first quote, suites will get 3 drink vouchers.

This move is odd. I was on MJ in November for 10 nights. I felt the Viking Crown to be SEVERELY underused overall. It's a great space that didn't seem to be used for ANYTHING other than the nightly Diamond/Suite event. I'm not much of a DL person as I always have a drink package, but on a ship without a SL/CL/DL or any concierge, I felt this was a nice compromise. Plus the Loyalty Ambassador and staff seemed to really take pride in the nightly event. I trust RC will soon realize this event is worth the minimal expense and reinstate it. Doesn't hurt for us to send some polite emails to remind them how much this event meant to us.

Just my 1/5 of a dime.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, SamTimeDining said:

Doesn't hurt for us to send some polite emails to remind them how much this event meant to us.

Just my 1/5 of a dime.

I did send emails to Ambassador Molly's office and never got an answer. Also no answer from MB's office. Not happy about that !

The Majesty Diamond Happy Hour event is officially no more.  Of course they drop it the week we try Majesty 😀.  I’ll take it as a sign I don’t need the calories from those appetizers!!!

The breakfast event is still happening. Here is the letter that was in our cabin. 

98AAEF5E-95C5-4434-B51A-F6F0BD575267.jpeg

Edited by thrifty99

1 minute ago, Retired LEO said:

Michael Bayley is currently at Coco Cay. Maybe his internet's not working. 😁 🤣

Maybe he just doesn’t care anymore. Molly doesn’t answer emails either unlike Millie her predecessor who always did. Wonder why Millie left could it be that she had enough with corporate. 

My god at the rage and entitlement here. I hope I never become like this. "Free stuff" makes people act like animals. It's crazy that other lines can survive without unlimited gluttony for a few hours. I would gladly take 3 free drink vouchers per day.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

My god at the rage and entitlement here. I hope I never become like this. "Free stuff" makes people act like animals. It's crazy that other lines can survive without unlimited gluttony for a few hours. I would gladly take 3 free drink vouchers per day.

For me it’s not entitlement but being told the truth instead of being sneaky & removing benefits that we had. Just be honest & tell it like it is. We will then know before we book, if we want to book, where we want our cabin to be & what are true benefits are. It’s about RCL C&A updated benefits that are left. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LorraineP said:

For me it’s not entitlement but being told the truth instead of being sneaky & removing benefits that we had. Just be honest & tell it like it is. We will then know before we book, if we want to book, where we want our cabin to be & what are true benefits are. It’s about RCL C&A updated benefits that are left. 

That's justification but at the end of the day, I read it like Joebucks explains it.

• Like 1

I sent an email to Mr Bayley a couple of months ago and actually received a phone call from his executive assistant thanking me for it! I was shocked and flabbergasted! He proceeded to tell me that Mr Bayley read my email personally and advised him to call me in appreciation! Hence, I do believe that he and/or his staff read all emails, which I assume may be in the thousands. I am no relation to anyone involved with RCCL and am not anyone special, so not sure why I received that call but I truly appreciated it! Kudos to Mr Bayley and RCCL!!

1 hour ago, Joebucks said:

It is not about entitlement, or free stuff as you call it, it is about the two way street that is called loyalty program !

• Like 1