Cruise Critic Community
wallysdtr

Upgrade to Sky suite but Xpress pass shows CALL

1. We were in Aqua and upgraded to a sky suite.  When looking at the registration and the check in information the xpress pass shows the classic package.  The sky suite includes premium drink package and I want to know if the bar staff will recognize the Sky suite or will we have to change the drink package at Guest services?

Are you saying you paid to upgrade to the suite or did you submit an upgrade bid?  My understanding of the latter is you keep the perks you had with your original booking and gain Luminae, Michael’s Club and the Retreat (if available) but the other suite perks aren’t applicable...including the extra loyalty points.

Now if you paid to simply upgrade then I think you should call X or your TA as you would be entitled to all the perks that come with your suite.

Posted (edited)

Suites don’t always include all 4 perks.  They are perks and not amenities. 

It depends on the price paid and the promotion at the time.  Sometimes there are prices with no perks and prices with all 4 

If it was thru a move up you keep the perks from your original booking.  

If a move up you may also have to the difference in gratuities.

The staff doesn’t recognize or assume  that  a suite passenger has the premium pack because not all suite passenger have all 4 perks.  They look at the code on the card and  then what shows up on the computer when ringing it up.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched

If you have questions you will not need to deal with Guest Relations.  Since you are now in a Sky Suite either the Michael's Club/Retreat Lounge concierge or the suite manager will sort out the issues for you.

I wouldn’t wait until you get on the ship to resolve this.  If you booked direct with Celebrity call them, if you booked with a TA contact them.  

Posted (edited)

Sky suites don’t always include the premium package. It’s why there is the occasional discussion on here that unless you have a premium package then you won’t be offered the premium alcohol in the retreat area unless you are ok to pay the difference. 

Edited by Pushka

Assuming your upgrade did include the Premium drinks, it's likely that the package information will be corrected before sailing.  However, if you call Celebrity now, they are always able to manually update the information.  Once they do both the premium packages,a nd unlimited internet packages will show up in your "Order History" section of your Cruise Planner, and the Xpress Pass will show "PALL".  It's likely the Xpress Pass will also still show the "CALL" in addtion to the PALL.

If you don't do it, and it does fall through the cracks, it's easily corrected on board by seeing the Michal's Club Concierge, but I like to take care of it pre-cruise. 

Harris

Denver, CO

I am curious as to why the Express Pass shows your drink package.  Wouldn't your drink package be shown on your key to the cabin?  We are on the Feb 24, 2020, Infinity cruise, and received the 4 perks under the old "Go Best" program.   Our express pass does not indicate any perks.

If you print your express pass more than about 45 days out, your drink package may not show on it. Ours did not for our Dec. cruise. However, I looked at it on the web site about 3 weeks before sailing and it had been added to the express pass at that time. Yes, the drink package shows on your card when on board. 

55 minutes ago, 39august said:

If you print your express pass more than about 45 days out, your drink package may not show on it. Ours did not for our Dec. cruise. However, I looked at it on the web site about 3 weeks before sailing and it had been added to the express pass at that time. Yes, the drink package shows on your card when on board. 

Thanks!  that is very helpful.  I will check as we get closer and then call the TA if it doesn't show. 

1 hour ago, 39august said:

Thank you.

3 hours ago, Kennedysa said:

I am curious as to why the Express Pass shows your drink package.  Wouldn't your drink package be shown on your key to the cabin?  We are on the Feb 24, 2020, Infinity cruise, and received the 4 perks under the old "Go Best" program.   Our express pass does not indicate any perks.

On ships supported by APP the Liquor package on the SeaPass can be used to order drinks before you go to your cabin to retrieve you seapass.    If incorrect just have the Retreat Concierge fix it for you.   They have a little machine in the lounge and fix it immediately.    

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

On ships supported by APP the Liquor package on the SeaPass can be used to order drinks before you go to your cabin to retrieve you seapass.    If incorrect just have the Retreat Concierge fix it for you.   They have a little machine in the lounge and fix it immediately.    

Since you can use your expess pass to order a drink before you get your Sea Pass, what if your express pass is one of the ones that does not have your drink package designation on it?  Is the designation hidden in the bar code?

Edited by mafig

36 minutes ago, mafig said:

Since you can use your expess pass to order a drink before you get your Sea Pass, what if your express pass is one of the ones that does not have your drink package designation on it?  Is the designation hidden in the bar code?

who knows what is in the bar code.  Our express pass has always had the letters CALL on it for the Classic package and PALL for the Premium.  Another way to check is to look at your Cruise Planner under Order History and tge BeveragePackage should show up there .

Yeah, I know about the Cruise Planner.  I'm always double-checking my TA to see if it's on there. 

However, I was wondering about getting a cocktail upon boarding using your Express Pass if it is one without any designation on it.

1 hour ago, mafig said:

Yeah, I know about the Cruise Planner.  I'm always double-checking my TA to see if it's on there. 

However, I was wondering about getting a cocktail upon boarding using your Express Pass if it is one without any designation on it.

... by the time you board it should have the drinks package on it, that can be as late as a few days before you board.

If you got your drinks package as a perk it will not appear on the pass until it is unbundled from your reservation and added to your account. That is done in the last week before you board, but you or your TA can ask Celebrity to do it earlier if it is bothering you.

21 hours ago, 39august said:

I printed our Xpress passes at the 90 day mark (the day check in opened for our cruise) and our Premium shows on it. It also shows on the app. At about 75 days we changed cabins (not category) and the app updated the new info and it still showed. I went into the website on the computer and reprinted (I know I didn't need to, but like to have documentation of everything) the Xpress passes with the new cabin info and it still shows. If I were in your place, I'd call my TA and/or Captains Club before the cruise and confirm everything is in order. I don't like to waste my valuable vacation time on these types of details unless absolutely necessary. (By the way, we booked with a TA and the drink package is showing in our order history along with the WIFI as promo. The OBC from X shows as available for pre-boarding purchases. The only thing that doesn't show is pre-paid gratuities and the OBC from the TA. Those are documented in separate documentation from the TA).

I originally started this post.  We upgraded to a Sky suite from an Aqua Spa 1 cabin because of the reduced fee.  Our online TA said the premium drink package was included and I expected to see the PALL on the check in information.   

We received several suggestions on this thread and I decided to contact the TA - who is wonderful and we will use her again.  She took care of the drink package error and the PALL now shows on our Xpress card.    My husband and I felt we wanted this to be accurate prior to getting on the ship and while it was fresh in the TA mind. 

Thanks everyone for your input.  It was appreciated!