Items on the cruise that you could do without

denmarks

There have thready been posts about what Princess no longer has. What could you do without that they currently have.

They can drop all the extra paper inserted in the Patter. Much is a duplicate of what you already have.

Drop the canapes delivered to Elites on formal nights. They are no good.

• Like 3

Just now, denmarks said:

What could you do without that they currently have.

All the upselling and wasted paper.  I get why they do it, but it's more of a turn off for me than something I would ever show interest in.

I have also learned to do without a soda package after the recent price increases.  I bring my own on and just get ice and save a lot of money as a result.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, denmarks said:

There have thready been posts about what Princess no longer has. What could you do without that they currently have.

They can drop all the extra paper inserted in the Patter. Much is a duplicate of what you already have.

LOL, agreed!

• Like 2

The Amazon could be reforested within a few years if cruise lines didn't put so much wasted paper in cabins night after night. 

Hopefully, the waste will decrease as more lines go to onboard apps. 

Hopefully...

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, MamaFej said:

The Amazon could be reforested within a few years if cruise lines didn't put so much wasted paper in cabins night after night. 

Hopefully, the waste will decrease as more lines go to onboard apps. 

Hopefully...

Didn't get much at all on the Sky.

Get rid of the Art Auction/Spa crap and there would be almost none.

I think it has gone down quite a bit.

Princess pales in comparison to the sheer volume of junk mail through the USPS everyday.

• Like 16

Ditto on the Sky last December, hardly any paper inserts. I don't think I've gotten a towel animal on a Princess ship, although, I'm sure it depends on the steward.

Edited by CruiseVA

29 minutes ago, denmarks said:

I agree wholeheartedly with this

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, CruiseVA said:

Ditto on the Sky last December, hardly any paper inserts. I don't think I've gotten a towel animal on a Princess ship, although, I'm sure it depends on the steward.

We renewed our vows on the Sky and got two towel animals shaped like swans facing each other (so like a heart).  That's the first time we've gotten one and a really nice surprise.

I think paper inserts were less on this cruise as well, but still too many.  Off topic, but the hijacking half the menu in the main dining room for upcharge items you could order from the Crown Grill was a HUGE turnoff for me.  I could live without that.

• Like 8

That huge pack of paper on shore excursions you get on day 1.  I've already researched my tours and in the rare case I haven't, I'd go to the Shore Exc. desk for info or look online.

Parading around in the dining room.  I want my waiters to concentrate on waiting well, not singing and dancing.  If I want that, I'll go to a show.

• Like 9

56 minutes ago, denmarks said:

Other passengers!

I find there are far too many of these.

🙂

• Like 11
  • Haha 18

Stupid Baked Alaska Parade with the napkin waving. Art auctions and the attendant paper advertisements. EFFY and their paper advertisements. "Shopping Hosts". Port photo ops with stupid costumes - also the same thing outside the dining rooms. Pushy photographers in the dining room. HEARING SWEET CAROLINE EVER AGAIN!!! (There is no part of the song that actually includes, "so good, so good, so good". GAH!!!)

• Like 16
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Didn't get much at all on the Sky.

Get rid of the Art Auction/Spa crap and there would be almost none.

I think it has gone down quite a bit.

Princess pales in comparison to the sheer volume of junk mail through the USPS everyday.

• Like 1

Street tacos at the Salty Dog. As a Californian I know what tacos should taste like. These were dry and no toppings such as salsa,  tomatoes, lettuce, etc were available.

Captain's Party. What is the purpose other than getting dressed up for a free drink? I remember in the old days on Sitmar you received a crystal glass and a photo with the captain free.

Cheap prizes at the cumulative trivia contest. You would think that after 9 days of contests the winning team should get a better prize than the daily trivias.

Worthless free artwork when leaving the art auctions.

Edited by denmarks
  • Like 3