Jump to content

Live from the Legend 1/5/20


jimbo5544
 Share

Recommended Posts

43 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

So, a little background about us.  This is our 39th (I think anyways) Carnival cruise and the first of what will be a busy (for us)(although a little less busy, but I am getting ahead of myself) cruise year. 


We started cruising back in 96 out of Tampa on the then Carnival Celebration.  More to come.    

 

 

Nice history.  We'll be on the Legend for 9 days this June when it sails from Dover to the Norwegian fjords.  While it'll be my 42nd Carnival sailing, It's been some years since I've been on the Legend or any other small or older Carnival ship.

 

Looking forward to your updates to refresh my memory!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, evandbob said:

 

 

Nice history.  We'll be on the Legend for 9 days this June when it sails from Dover to the Norwegian fjords.  While it'll be my 42nd Carnival sailing, It's been some years since I've been on the Legend or any other small or older Carnival ship.

 

Looking forward to your updates to refresh my memory!

You will have a wonder cruise.  Its been a couple years since we have been on a Spirit Class and I have re-fallen in love in a couple of hours.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We booked this cruise over a year ago and are sailing with my brother and his wife who live close by to the Port in St Pete Beach.  We initially were looking at the previous weeks sailing, but chose this one for three reasons.  The first was my brother was returning from ip north where he had been for the holidays and the timing till embark was tight.  The second was there was much more room availability for the next week including our fav rooms Vista suites.  The third reason was it was considerably cheaper.  We scooped up 2 Vista suites, one on 4 and one on 7 both starboard side.  We gave the 4th floor to my brother and his wife and took 7.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, acorntree said:

We sail on the Legend on Jan 19 in an Aft Vista Suite on 7. I can't wait to hear about yours! This will be our first suite of any kind and we are really looking forward to it!

It is a great room, which side are you on?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, jimbo5544 said:

It is a great room, which side are you on?

Starboard I believe. 7347. Our son, daughter-in-law and grandson are just up the hall in an interior so we will be sharing our space with them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, missed the Meet and Mingle. We were registered; found the email. So, no invite. It was at 0900 this morning, forward Lounge. Spotted it in Fun Times while at Sea Day Brunch, in aft, at 0840. Maybe next time. 

The Captain’s Diamond get together was nice, however.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is great..I would love to cruise with you too..and some other dear ones here.   I love that we are getting specific Suite info too..and last cruise too long ago was the Spirit and having a friend who will work until she is gone God willing ..we were closer when so many of these ships were new and coming out and I loved going over them like I love watching the new ones now....we all want info on how well kept up...how squeeky etc.. But I still have never been on a new ship except Star Princess with this TA that I adored and was honored as she needed me as a buffer..her business partner just passing.....all the rest of my one handful my whole life of cruises have been older ships and treasured...kept up and refreshed...there are always old wonderful extremely expensive things they did "then" to me that change and  make them wonderful and Unique.  And about that Legend size down to Fantasy size..there is so much difference I would think in getting around every year noticed more LOL.... Enough hiking on them.  To me...being on a ship and moving has the most ensconced and happy feeling I can describe..love planes, trains and automobiles and buses,,,but the ship..that is THE BEST..and resting in a nice cabin seeing water and haveing a balcony...though never a snob if need an inside....this will be coming more and more part of what I will want, especially the one I can get dad on..praying so hard....so thanks Jimbo.

 

 

Edited by sjn911
added more...naturally a talker.....
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, 2Shoes2Go said:

Well, missed the Meet and Mingle. We were registered; found the email. So, no invite. It was at 0900 this morning, forward Lounge. Spotted it in Fun Times while at Sea Day Brunch, in aft, at 0840. Maybe next time. 

The Captain’s Diamond get together was nice, however.

Did you get to meet Jimbo? 😎

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, 2Shoes2Go said:

No, don’t believe we’ve  met him. Probably will; maybe at VIFP party, if not before it. Did see someone I thought might be him. Does he favor you? 😀

I sailed with Jimbo back in 2013. I keep checking your signature to see if we're sailing with you guys again any time soon. 😀

Edited by Jamman54
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, acorntree said:

Starboard I believe. 7347. Our son, daughter-in-law and grandson are just up the hall in an interior so we will be sharing our space with them.

That is the room we are staying in, pics coming.  The Room Steward P is GREAT

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, 2Shoes2Go said:

Well, missed the Meet and Mingle. We were registered; found the email. So, no invite. It was at 0900 this morning, forward Lounge. Spotted it in Fun Times while at Sea Day Brunch, in aft, at 0840. Maybe next time. 

The Captain’s Diamond get together was nice, however.

Must have missed you at the Diamonds get together we were in the back 2nd table in, 2 couples I was facing away.  Be happy to hook up any time or place.  Jeff can vouch for me.😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, sjn911 said:

This is great..I would love to cruise with you too..and some other dear ones here.   I love that we are getting specific Suite info too..and last cruise too long ago was the Spirit and having a friend who will work until she is gone God willing ..we were closer when so many of these ships were new and coming out and I loved going over them like I love watching the new ones now....we all want info on how well kept up...how squeeky etc.. But I still have never been on a new ship except Star Princess with this TA that I adored and was honored as she needed me as a buffer..her business partner just passing.....all the rest of my one handful my whole life of cruises have been older ships and treasured...kept up and refreshed...there are always old wonderful extremely expensive things they did "then" to me that change and  make them wonderful and Unique.  And about that Legend size down to Fantasy size..there is so much difference I would think in getting around every year noticed more LOL.... Enough hiking on them.  To me...being on a ship and moving has the most ensconced and happy feeling I can describe..love planes, trains and automobiles and buses,,,but the ship..that is THE BEST..and resting in a nice cabin seeing water and haveing a balcony...though never a snob if need an inside....this will be coming more and more part of what I will want, especially the one I can get dad on..praying so hard....so thanks Jimbo.

 

 

Any time Sarah....you are a gem and CC is lucky to have you.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fast forward to Dec 19, we were in DC where our son was graduating from the National Academy at the FBI school in Quantico.  We were in the auditorium and waiting for the start and my wife scanning her emails says Oh My Lord.  She then tells me (after she says the family is fine....😂) that she just got an email saying our Mardi Gras cruise (the initial one sailing from Copenhagen to London) and the 7 following it were cancelled as the ship was not going to be ready.  To say I was very disappointed is an understatement as we have been planning for that cruise for over a year.  Still have not replaced it (waiting on some promises of special sailings coming out next month that we are supposed to get first dibs on...but I digress)but it made going on this cruise something we very much wanted to do.  It would take the withdrawal away from the cancellation and lessen the sting.  OK, enough with the self sympathy, on to the cruise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We have planned on going up to the Tampa areas where my brother and sister in law live the night before and had made plans with a good friend who works for Carnival but had to ditch those plans when we ran into scheduling gaffs on both sides fairly late in the game. 

 

We left early and went up to their place and arrived by 10, had breakfast with them and were on the way to the port by 10:45.  Parked across the street and was inside the building by 11:10 and on the ship by 11:25.  Probably the easiest embark we have ever had.

 

The Tampa port has changed since we last sailed from her, this was to be our 4th time and the most recent (also on the Legend) was at least 6 seats ago.  They do get you right through and on the ship.  For anyone who still thinks the old way of getting sign and sail cards at the desk is the way to go, it is time for a check up from the neck up....commercial over...😁

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

That is the room we are staying in, pics coming.  The Room Steward P is GREAT

Awesome! I can't wait for your pics. We are all getting so excited! Our grandson is only 20 months so this will be a completely new experience for us. And our first suite!

And we were supposed to be on the Mardi Gras inaugural, too. We are so disappointed. We just booked a 15 day Hawai'i in October with our FCC, but we still want to book another Europe Cruise. 

Edited by acorntree
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jimbo5544 said:

We have planned on going up to the Tampa areas where my brother and sister in law live the night before and had made plans with a good friend who works for Carnival but had to ditch those plans when we ran into scheduling gaffs on both sides fairly late in the game. 

 

We left early and went up to their place and arrived by 10, had breakfast with them and were on the way to the port by 10:45.  Parked across the street and was inside the building by 11:10 and on the ship by 11:25.  Probably the easiest embark we have ever had.

 

The Tampa port has changed since we last sailed from her, this was to be our 4th time and the most recent (also on the Legend) was at least 6 seats ago.  They do get you right through and on the ship.  For anyone who still thinks the old way of getting sign and sail cards at the desk is the way to go, it is time for a check up from the neck up....commercial over...😁

Concerning the new way to get sail and sign cards, I agree! Embarkation was a breeze on our last cruise! Loved how they just scanned my boarding pass and passport at the door, and that was it! So super easy!!! 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Holland America Line’s Alaska Exploration Sale
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...