NCL, up your pizza game!

L1211

54 minutes ago, MrsKC08 said:

Used to be Princess who had the best Pizza at sea. Then, we sailed the Regal in November 2018 and they had definitely changed their recipe and it was sub-par. Royal's used to not be so good, but we sailed Harmony November 2019 and it was very good. Better than it had ever been in the past. I don't cruise for pizza, but it is interesting to see what people's thoughts are on it.

We thought Sorrentos was just terrible in 2018!  Here’s hoping they upped their pizza game. 

18 minutes ago, jaja said:

Just a comment on the "carving station"...was always my "go to" on the buffet...tried it the day they had pork loin...it was the worst piece of pork I have ever had...totally dry and inedible !  So disappointing. 

That is a shame. I had the pork on the Encore. We got there just as the buffet was opening. It was pretty good. I tried the roast beef carving station on the Jade and the meat was so tough I couldn't chew it. So it is hit or miss I am thinking.

1 minute ago, Peachypooh said:

That is a shame. I had the pork on the Encore. We got there just as the buffet was opening. It was pretty good. I tried the roast beef carving station on the Jade and the meat was so tough I couldn't chew it. So it is hit or miss I am thinking.

You make a good point about the "timing"--not sure when I was there..it was a poor piece of meat (way overcooked)  and if it was sitting under the lights for awhile..it was made worse !😫

1 hour ago, schmoopie17 said:

I love pizza as much as the next guy (probably more than the next guy...unless the next guy is Michael Moore)...but when booking a cruise, pizza is the furthest thing from my mind. Maybe it's just me...

I think the point to all of the comments in not so many words is that if you are going to serve pizza, serve a quality product with good ingredients.  It's hard to believe that the ship's Executive Chef thinks that pizza is up to his/her standards.

• Like 4

On 1/5/2020 at 3:25 PM, JamieLogical said:

What do you mean? This floppy pizza doesn't look delicious to you?

uI7EBBADC-ySpD82nIttLSBMnvx_z4DEeg8hf6J5

I actually have  theory about why NCL's pizza is so bad. It's the same theory I have about why they always put out the lesser cookie types (oatmeal raisin vs. chocolate chip). If they put out pizza that was actually GOOD, then people would eat it and they would have to make way more of it.

To each his own but I find that their oatmeal raisin cookies are delicious

Bottom line...if a particular food item  is going to make or break your cruise, chances are you're going to be disappointed.

If you don't like the pizza, don't choose the pizza. Choose something else...there are plenty of other choices. Problem solved.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, denz3r said:

OP, your pizza looks better (despite looking awful) than the pizza on the Encore 12/15. It was pretty miserable.

Did they do the famous ham and corn tasteless recipe?  What is with that??? 

On 1/7/2020 at 7:46 PM, schmoopie17 said:

If you don't like the pizza, don't choose the pizza. Choose something else...there are plenty of other choices. Problem solved

I think you may be missing the point of a thread like this one.  It's well known cruise companies (NCL included) have people who keep an eye on forums like this one as well as other social media platforms.  If they notice enough people mentioning something (like their pizza) needs improvement, then there is a chance - however slim - something might be done about it. 

• Like 2

I thought the pizza on the Escape was excellent! I always ate it after a few or four beers at the District. My cousin Dave from Dayton and his wife Betty in fact ate a whole pie at the buffet in one sitting.

Who goes on a ship for pizza any way? Don't most ports have a Pizza Hut? I mean, hot dogs and grilled cheese I can understand. 

18 hours ago, JDBRANDT17042 said:

The TMNT pictures were priceless!

lol.. Glad they amused someone. 😂 We brought them along with us when we took our 10th anniversary cruise together. We wanted to do something that would help our boys feel like they were along for the adventure in some way, so Leo and Donnie were our little stowaways!  I won't clog up the thread with a bunch more photos, but Leo got to enjoy one of the caramel brownie cheesecakes at O'Sheehan's on one of the nights! 😊

DSC00890.JPG

IMG_20170627_184817675.jpg

IMG_20170625_143535556.jpg

IMG_20170701_081811361.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, tripleboom said:

We brought them along with us when we took our 10th anniversary cruise together. We wanted to do something that would help our boys feel like they were along for the adventure in some way, so Leo and Donnie were our little stowaways! 

It's a shame that NCL lost the TMNT golf course on Escape......

EscpMiniGolf_lo.jpg

tnmt-golf-1024x561.jpg

...before the ship was even completed. 

• Like 3

On 1/5/2020 at 8:01 PM, Debde said:

I'm from NY-I never expect to get good pizza on any cruise ship. Nor a bagel or bacon and egg and cheese sandwich!!😛

So frustrating not to be able to get a good BEC outside of NY area.  Had to resort to getting them on an English Muffin where I can, since the rolls are always so disappointing. 

On 1/6/2020 at 9:20 AM, Newleno said:

where?  you are saying that ny pizza is good?, I have never found a decent nyc pizza, so what establishment?

This has to be a joke.  Every time my brother visits from LA he raids my freezer for any leftover slices.

On 1/6/2020 at 2:24 PM, Debde said:

...I'm pretty spoiled as to Italian food as in my area-you just can't beat it here...

For that reason, we almost never get Italian when on vacation.