Jump to content

Promotion -- Premier Beverage Package


jamesnnb
 Share

Recommended Posts

On the current Princess promotion including the Premier Beverage Package where both passengers have the package -- is it permissible for one to go up and get two coffees at the same time or do you both have to order individually?  One could carry both medallions if need be.  Not trying to sneak anything ... both have the package ... just one is seated and one gets the coffee.   Same with alcohol.  Has anyone experienced this?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/5/2020 at 10:19 AM, jamesnnb said:

Yehootu:  Power to Mom!  Thanks all.  Trying to decide if this new promotion is worth the added fare.

It is SO worth it. If you are tea-totallers it is almost certainly worth it. I booked an unplanned-for cruise based solely on this sale. (B.S.E.) -- and the fact that Princess sails to AK from my home port, no flights!

 

Normally the PBP is over $70pp/pd. Which I just rebelled at. But with the BSE -- it's like an all-inclusive resort, only floating.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We are still trying to decide if it is worth it on what we drink, as they have the fares in Australian dollars yet the ship is American, trying to work out average number of drinks a day you would need to break even, in Australia it works out to $40 per day each (which I think works out for $27.50 USD)?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, subaru94 said:

We are still trying to decide if it is worth it on what we drink, as they have the fares in Australian dollars yet the ship is American, trying to work out average number of drinks a day you would need to break even, in Australia it works out to $40 per day each (which I think works out for $27.50 USD)?


We had it added to our existing and and it came to about that. Less than $30 a day.. which is 3 adult drinks a day. Which we would totally drink a soda twice a day.. coffee at least once (in Alaska, we drank like 4 when cold lol) and then a few drinks before dinner, one with and pending the night many 😛 It was worth the price to us.... now we do not have to worry about drink extras, including bottled water, as now we can get those and take back to our room 😄 We ordered a case and ended taking a bunch back with us, because we would always grab cold water on the way back to our room. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

the thread seems to be going a little sideways, so I figure I will ask a drink package question not on topic, but I am unable to find a answer elsewhere. here it is, Do you pay for the beverage package on the last day of your cruise? the day of disembarkation. if the package hours are 6 am to 6 am and your ship ports at 615 am on the final day , am I paying 70 $ for that last 15 minutes. I realize that I will not be off the ship at 615 but realistically after breakfast with maybe a mimosa. Just looking at the math and and placing that 70 $ over the length of the days minus the last, as i KNOW I will not be getting a good value on that last day. thanks for your input and sorry for going sideways on topic.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, charlie murphy said:

the thread seems to be going a little sideways, so I figure I will ask a drink package question not on topic, but I am unable to find a answer elsewhere. here it is, Do you pay for the beverage package on the last day of your cruise? the day of disembarkation. if the package hours are 6 am to 6 am and your ship ports at 615 am on the final day , am I paying 70 $ for that last 15 minutes. I realize that I will not be off the ship at 615 but realistically after breakfast with maybe a mimosa. Just looking at the math and and placing that 70 $ over the length of the days minus the last, as i KNOW I will not be getting a good value on that last day. thanks for your input and sorry for going sideways on topic.  

You pay for the number of nights of the cruise - not the number of days. By a 14-day cruise, Princess means a cruise with 14 nights, so it actually has parts of 15 days. This is much more reasonable than some other lines that count the number of (partial) days.

 

For a 14-night cruise, you actually have 15 days to use the PBP - even though you pay for 14. On embarkation day, you have from embarkation until 6:00 am the next morning. You then have 13 full days from 6:00 am until 6:00 am. On disembarkation day, you have from 6:00 am until you leave the ship. I have had a couple of bloody marys for breakfast on disembarkation morning (charged to the PBP).

 

Even though I know several people who have drunk their full 15-drink allotment on some days, I don't know of anyone who has managed to drink 15 alcoholic drinks on disembarkation morning. That would really take some work.☺️

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/5/2020 at 12:11 PM, jamesnnb said:

On the current Princess promotion including the Premier Beverage Package where both passengers have the package -- is it permissible for one to go up and get two coffees at the same time or do you both have to order individually?  One could carry both medallions if need be.  Not trying to sneak anything ... both have the package ... just one is seated and one gets the coffee.   Same with alcohol.  Has anyone experienced this?

I have been able to get two drinks several times - it depends on the bartender. DW's folio number is usually one more than mine, so I don't have to remember her number. The bartender would charge one drink to me and one to DW, even though I didn't have her card with me (this was not a medallion cruise).

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi All

I hope its ok to chime in with another PBP question.  The current promotion says it includes gratuities as well (18% I think); so how does this work?  Is it just shown on your receipt and that's that.  I love the fact that its all inclusive so I assume the server is aware of this and doesn't expect a tip...akward…..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, dtripli said:

Hi All

I hope its ok to chime in with another PBP question.  The current promotion says it includes gratuities as well (18% I think); so how does this work?  Is it just shown on your receipt and that's that.  I love the fact that its all inclusive so I assume the server is aware of this and doesn't expect a tip...akward…..

There are no receipts and no charges. The 18% gratuity is included in the promo. Order a beverage, nothing more to worry about. Cash tipping is not required nor is it expected. In my way of thinking if you wish to provide an additional tip to certain waiters that served you all cruise long feel free to do so. If done we would do this at the end of the cruise. But, nothing is required.

 

Edited by skynight
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, skynight said:

There are no receipts and no charges. The 18% gratuity is included in the promo. Order a beverage, nothing more to worry about. Cash tipping is not required nor is it expected. In my way of thinking if you wish to provide an additional tip to certain waiters that served you all cruise long feel free to do so. If done we would do this at the end of the cruise. But, nothing is required.

 

Thank You!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/12/2020 at 7:33 AM, skynight said:

There are no receipts and no charges. The 18% gratuity is included in the promo. Order a beverage, nothing more to worry about. Cash tipping is not required nor is it expected. In my way of thinking if you wish to provide an additional tip to certain waiters that served you all cruise long feel free to do so. If done we would do this at the end of the cruise. But, nothing is required.

 

Which is sooo very much better than the promotion that Norwegian runs as you are responsible for the gratuities/tax on their promotion.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2020 at 12:43 AM, NavyVeteran said:

You pay for the number of nights of the cruise - not the number of days. By a 14-day cruise, Princess means a cruise with 14 nights, so it actually has parts of 15 days. This is much more reasonable than some other lines that count the number of (partial) days.

 

For a 14-night cruise, you actually have 15 days to use the PBP - even though you pay for 14. On embarkation day, you have from embarkation until 6:00 am the next morning. You then have 13 full days from 6:00 am until 6:00 am. On disembarkation day, you have from 6:00 am until you leave the ship. I have had a couple of bloody marys for breakfast on disembarkation morning (charged to the PBP).

 

Even though I know several people who have drunk their full 15-drink allotment on some days, I don't know of anyone who has managed to drink 15 alcoholic drinks on disembarkation morning. That would really take some work.☺️

The drink package works on disembarkation morning for alcohol?  I have used it on other lines (never been on Princess) for coffees and waters but was always told alcohol was off limits in the morning.  This is the first time my SO can have a leisurely morning when we disembark versus having to travel so we may have to utilize this! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My understanding is that two people in the room are linked so when you go up with your medallion they will see the picture of both you and your room mate and it will indicate if that person has the package also.

 

Cheers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: PONANT Cruises & Expeditions
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...