Trivia and bridge lessons: Port days too?

LazyDonkey

Port days have some enrichment but you will find a lot more on sea days.

On port days you might have a lecture late in the afternoon whereas on a sea day you will have two to three lectures.

There is some bridge on port days but a lot more on sea days.

On sea days you might  have 50+ activities whereas on a port day around 10.  

Port days on the ship are still fun as you can make it a nice relaxing day.

Keith

I just  looked at my most recent reflections.

There was no trivia  (as mentioned) and also know bridge lessons.  

However, each port day can be different   For example on one port day there was open bridge and there was open needlepoint.

plus there were some fitness classes, and a movie in the afternoon as there is everyday, and a lecture late in the day.

On another port day there was a class on iPhotos, a complimentary dance class, creative media fundamentals talk, Odyssey Art at Sea Program class, and supervised Bridge Play.

If you have a port day where you arrive at Noon the morning will be like a sea day with plenty of enrichment and the same would be true in the afternoon if you leave port early afternoon.  

Once in a while we have seen name that tune trivia late in the afternoon when the ship is leaving port.

You just never know so be sure to look over the daily Reflections program when it is available the night before.

Keith

I have experienced trivia on "short" port days. Usually trivia is at 12:05 PM right after the Captain's noon talk. When the ship has sailed from a port around 3 PM, they have had trivia around 4 PM. There aren't too many of those early port sailings but they do happen from time to time.

Patty

On Port days there is usually a bridge game - unhosted. 

On Short days there is sometimes a lesson and Hosted game.

On Sea Days usually a lesson for beginners and intermediate/advanced players and a game.

2 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

I just  looked at my most recent reflections.

There was no trivia  (as mentioned) and also know bridge lessons.  

However, each port day can be different   For example on one port day there was open bridge and there was open needlepoint.

plus there were some fitness classes, and a movie in the afternoon as there is everyday, and a lecture late in the day.

On another port day there was a class on iPhotos, a complimentary dance class, creative media fundamentals talk, Odyssey Art at Sea Program class, and supervised Bridge Play.

If you have a port day where you arrive at Noon the morning will be like a sea day with plenty of enrichment and the same would be true in the afternoon if you leave port early afternoon.  

Once in a while we have seen name that tune trivia late in the afternoon when the ship is leaving port.

You just never know so be sure to look over the daily Reflections program when it is available the night before.

Keith

For Bridge, my experience is there won't be a Bridge lesson on port days, but there might be open play and a sanctioned duplicate game in the afternoon on a port day. 

I think that is at the discretion of the Bridge instructor/director, and would depend on the exact port schedule, etc. 

This would be for longer cruises that have enough sea days to have a group of "regulars" who would be likely to show up for that extra duplicate session.  I think if it's a port-intensive cruise, it's less likely to happen.

On one cruise the bridge instructor, on her own initiative, scheduled a sanctioned game on a "short" port day.  Kudos to her.  She added to her work schedule when she did not have to.  Depends on the instructor.

• Like 1