Cruise Critic Community
Mini-haha

Havana Pool Area - Kids?

I understand that kids have to be 12 years or older to be in a Havana room.  Does this also apply to the pool area?  I guess my question is, will kids 13 and up who are booked in a Havana room have access to the Havana pool area during the day?

Thanks much!

Yes they will but they won’t want to hang out there. I’m taking my 13 year old stepson in August and there is no way it will keep his interest more than 2 hours max. My 27 year old son says Havana is for old people and he couldn’t hang there for too long. 

There aren’t a whole lot of Havana rooms that hold enough people to even have kids in them without being one of two guests in the two person cabins otherwise . One inside cabin and one standard balcony porch that hold four. I’m booked in the only inside Havana cabin for the Panorama. My  daughters will be 12 and 14 and plan on utilizing the quiet space by the pool . My kids are well behaved and even they would prefer to stay away from the crazy lido deck. 

7 hours ago, bdever said:

My 27 year old son says Havana is for old people

Yes it is!!

We yell,

Get out of our pool instead of get off our lawn in the Havana Area.

I would assume any kids staying in the Havana area cabins will prefer to hang out by the main lido pool area where the majority of the kids are.

That works great for this 'old' person.😉

11 hours ago, bdever said:

Yes they will but they won’t want to hang out there. I’m taking my 13 year old stepson in August and there is no way it will keep his interest more than 2 hours max. My 27 year old son says Havana is for old people and he couldn’t hang there for too long. 

I wouldn't say it's for "old" people. More for people who are uninterested in hairy chests, drink competitions, crowds, etc. We were on The Vista in September and loved it so much we are booked in May on The Panorama. 

Posted (edited)

I did not see any under 12 kids in the Havana pool area but I was unfortunately "that" guest with a 5 year old in my Havana room at Christmas on deck 7.  I won't book another Havana room with my kids in a separate non-Havana room. (We had 4 cabins.) It didn't work at all as telling a 5 year old he can't come in an area makes him need to come in that area more than his lungs need air and suddenly he was despondent at the idea of sleeping in a room with his nanny or uncle. (My 7 year old did better, though, as he slept with his grandma in their room all but one night.) 

Theonly thing that made me feel better is I apologized to my neighbors and they said they never heard him or saw him.  And then I noticed my other neighbors had their under 12 kids, too.  

I did see some teenagers (over 12) in the Havana pool area with parents.  They were reading or playing on phones and not disruptive.  

I suspect the deck 5 rooms are free from kids because there are not any non-Havana rooms in that area like on Decks 6 and 7. 

The Havana area is awesome, though.  We were on a full ship at Christmas and never was it busy.  Also, I found the people seemed nicer as well but maybe that was because they aren't fighting for a chair. 

Edited by Eli_6

3 hours ago, Eli_6 said:

The Havana area is awesome, though.  We were on a full ship at Christmas and never was it busy.  Also, I found the people seemed nicer as well but maybe that was because they aren't fighting for a chair. 

I am sure that is exactly why they are friendlier, no chairs hogs!

Good to know on a full ship at one of the busiest times of the year the Havana area was still not busy.

Looking forward to our cruise in March!

My boys, 17 and 14, could not get out of there fast enough. I think In 8 days they utilized the Havana area maybe a total of two hours. I on the other hand never wanted to leave. Would go up to lido to grab my Lunch tacos and hightail it right back. 

Has anyone stayed in the HC during the summer or at capacity during a warm time (Spring Break-late summer). I wanted to know what the crowd was like when at or near capacity and also were there more children during that time period. I am going this summer (Fingers crosses we still sail) with DM and DB but will sail again the following summer with my DM and DD (12) and may want to try it with her as she enjoys the quiet and a good book. 😀

14 hours ago, THIS IS US! said:

Has anyone stayed in the HC during the summer or at capacity during a warm time (Spring Break-late summer). I wanted to know what the crowd was like when at or near capacity and also were there more children during that time period. I am going this summer (Fingers crosses we still sail) with DM and DB but will sail again the following summer with my DM and DD (12) and may want to try it with her as she enjoys the quiet and a good book. 😀

Have done two sailings during peak summer times in. HC room (both 5th floor rooms).  The first on the Vista was before they allowed GS guests to partake in the amenities and the second on the Horizon was after.  On see days I can safely say all chairs will be occupied or spoken for, def not the case on port days.

How was the noise in the Deck 5 cabins on Vista and Horizons after say 9:00pm.  Could you hear the noise from the band playing in the Havana Bar area.  I hear they play Cuban music until 1:00 am and I don't think I want to hear bongos playing while i'm trying to get some sleep.

We stayed in an Havana Cabana room on the Vista last April.  Never saw any kids in the Havana area.  My sister had 2 teenage boys in her room and they didn't hang out in Havana.  There was always plenty of chairs and room in the hot tubs and pool.  Never once heard the music at night.  Really, only want to sail on ships with Havana now.  I guess I am spoiled.  I will say, our next cruise we saved money and booked a Havana Interior room since there is always chairs available.   

3 hours ago, vettecruiser1 said:

How was the noise in the Deck 5 cabins on Vista and Horizons after say 9:00pm.  Could you hear the noise from the band playing in the Havana Bar area.  I hear they play Cuban music until 1:00 am and I don't think I want to hear bongos playing while i'm trying to get some sleep.

The bands played until 11.  That said, we have had both regular HC rooms and HC suite.  Never heard noise in either.  Great rooms and experience, a pure home run by Carnival.  

5 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Have done two sailings during peak summer times in. HC room (both 5th floor rooms).  The first on the Vista was before they allowed GS guests to partake in the amenities and the second on the Horizon was after.  On see days I can safely say all chairs will be occupied or spoken for, def not the case on port days.

Thanks jimbo5544 I appreciate it. I am an early riser so hopefully I will be able to secure a spot to lounge. 

16 hours ago, THIS IS US! said:

Thanks jimbo5544 I appreciate it. I am an early riser so hopefully I will be able to secure a spot to lounge. 

We are as well and have never had a problem.  They also have coffee out at the Havana Bar around 7am.  

5 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

We are as well and have never had a problem.  They also have coffee out at the Havana Bar around 7am.  

Shared info with my DM. Excited about the easy coffee access and breakfast one deck up as well.