Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Dutch69

Cost of upgrade from Classic to Premium Drinks Package.

Recommended Posts

The difference in cost is $10 per day so the upgrade for a 10 night cruise should be $100 per person .

I contact the Celebrity customer service in UK and have been quoted £9.40 per day, This means for 10 nights £94.40 or $121.58.

Wonder what exchange rate they use !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Dutch69 said:

The difference in cost is $10 per day so the upgrade for a 10 night cruise should be $100 per person .

I contact the Celebrity customer service in UK and have been quoted £9.40 per day, This means for 10 nights £94.40 or $121.58.

Wonder what exchange rate they use !

You forgot the 20% gratuity that is added to the cost...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't know if the cost varies depending on cruise but on my cruise planner today the cost is £7.70 to upgrade for our cruise, including 20% grats would bring it to £9.24 per day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are certainly going to be different exchange rates in play, especially if you have used some OBC already as that locks your personal rate to the day that you first used any of the OBC.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Mark_T said:

You forgot the 20% gratuity that is added to the cost...

So even though the $59 cost of Classic and the $69 cost of premium include 20% gratuity you are charged it again for the difference when you upgrade?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You should be charged the price difference plus gratuity on that price difference. Assuming no sale/discount, it should be $10 + $2 gratuity / pp /pd. That would be $120 pp for a 10-night cruise. Not sure what exchange rate they use, but I'm assuming that would be the rounding error to $121.58

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Dutch69 said:

So even though the $59 cost of Classic and the $69 cost of premium include 20% gratuity you are charged it again for the difference when you upgrade?

Those prices do not include the gratuity...

image.png.eebf5defdc664e37d6aa374efab4ae47.png

Note the little asterisk...

 

image.png.b1e2f7e49346ed46f7e4992d79095ec8.png

 

For further clarity, you pay the gratuity on the price of the drinks package, you do not then pay any gratuity when you order drinks within that package.

 

Edited by Mark_T

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They only reset the GBP:USD exchange rate every month or so, so that if there's movement in the rate GBP prices can either be a bit of a bonus or a bit of a rip-off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Mark_T said:

Those prices do not include the gratuity...

image.png.eebf5defdc664e37d6aa374efab4ae47.png

Note the little asterisk...

 

image.png.b1e2f7e49346ed46f7e4992d79095ec8.png

 

For further clarity, you pay the gratuity on the price of the drinks package, you do not then pay any gratuity when you order drinks within that package.

 

Thanks Mark I knew I would get the answer on cc will have to read the small print next time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter Now for a Chance to Win a 7-day Cruise for Two
      • Q&A with InsureMyTrip
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...