Jump to content

Pullman Bed-From Ceiling or Wall on CB?


danak13
 Share

Recommended Posts

I keep seeing conflicting info.  We are going to be in D735 if that helps and I believe there is a pullman bed in there but I can'f find out if these cabins have the beds in the ceiling or on the wall.  

 

Thanks! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In general with Princess Interior and Oceanview rooms will have wall mounted pullmans and Balcony and Mini suites will have recessed ceiling mounted pullmans.

 

The exceptions to this are Pacific, Coral, Island, Diamond and Sapphire where I believe ALL pullmans are recessed into the ceiling regardless of room type.  Sun and Sea Princess seem to have partially recessed ceiling mounted pullmans in Oceanview & Balcony rooms and Wall mounted pullmans in interiors.

 

Hope this helps :)

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

The exceptions to this are Pacific, Coral, Island, Diamond and Sapphire where I believe ALL pullmans are recessed into the ceiling regardless of room type.

 

Seriously? I had no idea this was the case. I had thought all sub-balcony category cabins had the extra beds on the walls. If there are some ships where they are recessed into the ceiling that's pretty good news for a lot of folks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

Sun and Sea Princess seem to have partially recessed ceiling mounted pullmans in Oceanview & Balcony rooms and Wall mounted pullmans in interiors.

 

Hope this helps 🙂

There is some variation. We have been in an interior cabin on the Sea Princess that had the third bed totally recessed into the ceiling. I only noticed it when I realised the ceiling lights weren't evenly placed on both sides of the room. Then I saw the outline of the recessed bed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

There is some variation. We have been in an interior cabin on the Sea Princess that had the third bed totally recessed into the ceiling. I only noticed it when I realised the ceiling lights weren't evenly placed on both sides of the room. Then I saw the outline of the recessed bed.

I noticed the variation on the interior rooms as well on Sun & Sea Princess.  It seems Aloha and Dolphin decks are more likely to recess into ceiling and Baja and Caribe decks more likely to be wall mounted, though even with that there is no foolproof way to tell 100%.

 

I'm thinking that some rooms might have more space between the cabin ceiling and the deck above than others do, hence the difference.  Considering the grouping of things like plumbing mains, HVAC trunk lines, wiring bundles, etc it would make sense.

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

I noticed the variation on the interior rooms as well on Sun & Sea Princess.  It seems Aloha and Dolphin decks are more likely to recess into ceiling and Baja and Caribe decks more likely to be wall mounted, though even with that there is no foolproof way to tell 100%.

 

I'm thinking that some rooms might have more space between the cabin ceiling and the deck above than others do, hence the difference.  Considering the grouping of things like plumbing mains, HVAC trunk lines, wiring bundles, etc it would make sense.

Our cabin was on Aloha deck. The comments in your second paragraph make sense.🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Holland America Line’s Alaska Exploration Sale
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...