MDR Breakfast on Divina

Nashna

We are sailing this Sunday on the Divina.  We are not a fan of buffet service and typically have breakfast in the MDR unless we are taking an early excursion.  How is breakfast in the MDR?  Can we order a specially cooked breakfast?  (I am a huge fan of Benedict Arnolds....Eggs Benedict without the eggs and I know that is a special order item.)

7 minutes ago, joeyjeremiah said:

You should be able to order that however no guarantee they will get it correct if it isn’t a standard menu item.  The MDR was only open for breakfast on sea days on the Divina last cruise 

Really?  That is too bad.  I believe that we do get room service in Aurea class.  Did you and many other passengers miss your flights back home today?

Room service is only continental breakfast. No hot food items unless you pay for them. 

We are driving so didn’t miss flights but the delay will probably add an extra travel day to our drive. Some people missed flights and I’m sure some cut it close to make them. Especially when people doing express walk off some were still trying to get off the ship at 11:00 am. 

1 hour ago, joeyjeremiah said:

You should be able to order that however no guarantee they will get it correct if it isn’t a standard menu item.  The MDR was only open for breakfast on sea days on the Divina last cruise 

When did they only start being open for breakfast on sea days?  We had some friends on the Divina a couple of months ago and we were on the Divina a year ago for 32 days and the Black Crab Restaurant was open for breakfast on Port Days.  We just got off of the Seaside for 21 days and the MDR was open for breakfast everyday.

Edited by ready2cruzagain

43 minutes ago, joeyjeremiah said:

Room service is only continental breakfast. No hot food items unless you pay for them. 

We are driving so didn’t miss flights but the delay will probably add an extra travel day to our drive. Some people missed flights and I’m sure some cut it close to make them. Especially when people doing express walk off some were still trying to get off the ship at 11:00 am. 

Wow...Our return flight is 11:30.  We are in YC on the second leg...but, it doesn't seem like that would have helped us today.  Have a safe drive home.

8 minutes ago, ready2cruzagain said:

When did they only start being open for breakfast on sea days?  We had some friends on the Divina a couple of months ago and we were on the Divina a year ago for 32 days and the Black Crab Restaurant was open for breakfast on Port Days.  We just got off of the Seaside for 21 days and the MDR was open for breakfast everyday.

I hope your experience is what we will have on the Divina.  Buffet lines and crowds are just not for me.