Jump to content

Pre-cruise Concierge Extremely Disappointing


Recommended Posts

I really appreciate all the info on this thread!
I know it's been months, but in case anyone is still around, I was wondering if any of you had used your travel agent to do the advance bookings.  My TA has offered to do that,  and I wondered how NCL treated those requests.

 

I was intrigued by all the snacks that Bird Travels mentioned! Is there a list anywhere of which ones are available on board?

Link to post
Share on other sites

The pre cruise concierge is pretty much worthless.  It has gotten better though lately.

 

Be wary of BT pictures.  Either they are getting way beyond normal service or that is a few days collected.  Those treats at one time are definitely not anywhere near the normal.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The pre-cruise concierge email goes into corporate, who then are suppose to forward it to the cruise ship - but in reality - your email dies in corporate. I suggest that when you get to the terminal, you should be greeted by your concierge and at this time, explain to him/her directly what you wish. He will then make your dinner, show, shore reservations, etc. For example, on the Escape he has an assistant since there are so many Haven cabins  and there was always someone at the concierge desk to take your request.  

As to pillows, your room steward will provide for you.

Edited by kitty-sail
Link to post
Share on other sites

I've never had luck with the pre-cruise concierge.  I tested it again with my cruise in February.  2 simple requests and neither was fulfilled.  However both were taken care of the first day when I spoke to our room attendant and butler.

I would not waste my time with them again.  When you sail a suite, everything can be taken care of the day you board by the concierge or butler so IMHO its not worth the time emailing or talking to the pre-cruise concierge.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, david_sobe said:

I've never had luck with the pre-cruise concierge.  I tested it again with my cruise in February.  2 simple requests and neither was fulfilled.  However both were taken care of the first day when I spoke to our room attendant and butler.

I would not waste my time with them again.  When you sail a suite, everything can be taken care of the day you board by the concierge or butler so IMHO its not worth the time emailing or talking to the pre-cruise concierge.

I'm with David, it's just been a disappointment in the past.  Be careful, last time I asked them for sandwiches and cheese/crackers I got on board and found charges for the food on the room.  The on shore folks don't understand some of the little free plates they will leave you, and just plug and play in the computer as room service food (at an extra charge).  I was going to have the concierge take it off, and after a quick convo that got complicated, I just gave up and had them leave it on there, so just be careful what you as for.

 

One positive thing that worked for us, wife wanted almond milk, and we were able to make sure it was ordered before we got there, and that worked out.

Link to post
Share on other sites

There are no room service charges for suites and Haven guests if you order from any complimentary restaurant. Specialty restaurants will be charged at their a la cart menu prices. Order through your butler not the room service number. 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

There are no room service charges for suites and Haven guests if you order from any complimentary restaurant. Specialty restaurants will be charged at their a la cart menu prices. Order through your butler not the room service number. 

 

 

 

Just so not to confuse anyone, the landside concierge ordered the foods and they appeared as like entertainment platters, cheese tray and sandwich trays. Not ordered on board. I asked for finger sandwiches and a small plate of cheese, crackers, nuts, etc like years past from the butler. So when shoreside rep heard cheese and fi ger sandwiches she plugged in catering trays, and those arent cheap! May have been that one rep, but problem is they have never experienced life on board, so its hard for them to understand alot of what we repeat Haven cruisers ask for. Just talk to your butler when it comes to this kind of stuff, exactly like David and Bird said. 

 

You guys will appreciate this also, when we first stayed in Yacht Club on MSC the Butler came by and said hi and I instantly asked him for daily peanut M&Ms and gummy bears....... Lets just say thats not something thats a ‘thing’ there.. The Butler had no idea what I was talking about. I did however get a bowl of these swiss or italian chocolates every night which helped me quickly forget about M&Ms!  lol. It was funny. Had to be there but you guys would appreciate that story. DW:  “Stop you’re confusing him, leave it alone’ you dont need M&Ms!”😂

Edited by BoundForSea
Link to post
Share on other sites

I second all the not to worry comments. Preconcierge did nothing for my cruise but the butler and onboard concierge handled everything. The precruise concierge was a lot of puffery. You will have an amazing time!!


Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, BoundForSea said:

Just so not to confuse anyone, the landside concierge ordered the foods and they appeared as like entertainment platters, cheese tray and sandwich trays. Not ordered on board. I asked for finger sandwiches and a small plate of cheese, crackers, nuts, etc like years past from the butler. So when shoreside rep heard cheese and fi ger sandwiches she plugged in catering trays, and those arent cheap! May have been that one rep, but problem is they have never experienced life on board, so its hard for them to understand alot of what we repeat Haven cruisers ask for. Just talk to your butler when it comes to this kind of stuff, exactly like David and Bird said. 

 

You guys will appreciate this also, when we first stayed in Yacht Club on MSC the Butler came by and said hi and I instantly asked him for daily peanut M&Ms and gummy bears....... Lets just say thats not something thats a ‘thing’ there.. The Butler had no idea what I was talking about. I did however get a bowl of these swiss or italian chocolates every night which helped me quickly forget about M&Ms!  lol. It was funny. Had to be there but you guys would appreciate that story. DW:  “Stop you’re confusing him, leave it alone’ you dont need M&Ms!”😂

I knew what you meant as they sell various amenities. In both cases I bring peanut M&Ms for DW as not a guarantee on NCL and not at all on MSC.

 

On MSC they have chocolate treats and or Venchi plus macaroons.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dexddd said:

I knew what you meant as they sell various amenities. In both cases I bring peanut M&Ms for DW as not a guarantee on NCL and not at all on MSC.

 

On MSC they have chocolate treats and or Venchi plus macaroons.

For sure now there will be no open bowls of snacks out in the courtyard anymore for public consumption due to the pandemic, pound cake etc. So probably be better to ask for them in your room if thats the kind of thing you enjoy anyway. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: Crystal Cruises - New! Luxury Bahamas Escapes
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...