Cruise Critic Community
Kamoon54

Hotels near port in Stockholm

We are traveling to Stockholm in July for a cruise on Royal Caribbean, any recommendations for a hotel near the port.

First Hotel Reisen is ideally located in the old town Gamla Stan. On the waterfront.

Less expensive than the Grand.  Lots of decent restaurants within easy walking distance. Close to 

How long are you going to be in Stockholm? If you are going to be there a day or so early, you may prefer a hotel within walking distance of the sights?

Which cruise terminal are you leaving from: Stadsgarden or Frihamnen? (Hopefully not Nynashamn.)

Yes trosebery raises the all important point, which terminal is your ship using?

As it is Royal Carribean, and thus a comparatively large ship, there is little chance of it being Stadsgarden. If your ship starts or terminates in Stockholm then it is more likely to be Frihamnen. As trosebery suggests, if it is Nynashamn, then forget hotels in Stockholm as you are about 40 miles from the city centre.

i suggest you contact RC or your TA to see if they know which port your ship is using, or a bit nearer the time there are a number of websites that track cruise ships that will give you the details.

On 1/7/2020 at 9:54 PM, Kamoon54 said:

We are traveling to Stockholm in July for a cruise on Royal Caribbean, any recommendations for a hotel near the port.

See my posts:

SInce then I've also stayed at Radisson Blu Royal Viking, Elite Hotel Stockholm Plaza and Hotel Kung Carl.
All three are very nice hotels although Radisson is very pricey while not being that special. It's located next
to the central station but my room was very quiet though.

As for Kung Carl there was a celebrity party in the hotel bar when I was there so it was a bit loud
early in the evening but but a bit calmer later in the evening.

Ship will be at Frihamnen as no RC ships seems to berth at Stadsgården during July this year.

Edited by Desdichado62

6 hours ago, Belfast Taxman said:

Yes trosebery raises the all important point, which terminal is your ship using?

As it is Royal Carribean, and thus a comparatively large ship, there is little chance of it being Stadsgarden. If your ship starts or terminates in Stockholm then it is more likely to be Frihamnen. As trosebery suggests, if it is Nynashamn, then forget hotels in Stockholm as you are about 40 miles from the city centre.

i suggest you contact RC or your TA to see if they know which port your ship is using, or a bit nearer the time there are a number of websites that track cruise ships that will give you the details.

Stadsgården S167 can handle the biggest ships (like Royal Princess) that can enter Stockholm so size doesn't matter but you are correct that turn arounds usually berths at Frihamnen.