Hotels near port in Stockholm

Kamoon54

How long are you going to be in Stockholm? If you are going to be there a day or so early, you may prefer a hotel within walking distance of the sights?

Which cruise terminal are you leaving from: Stadsgarden or Frihamnen? (Hopefully not Nynashamn.)

Yes trosebery raises the all important point, which terminal is your ship using?

As it is Royal Carribean, and thus a comparatively large ship, there is little chance of it being Stadsgarden. If your ship starts or terminates in Stockholm then it is more likely to be Frihamnen. As trosebery suggests, if it is Nynashamn, then forget hotels in Stockholm as you are about 40 miles from the city centre.

i suggest you contact RC or your TA to see if they know which port your ship is using, or a bit nearer the time there are a number of websites that track cruise ships that will give you the details.

On 1/7/2020 at 9:54 PM, Kamoon54 said:

We are traveling to Stockholm in July for a cruise on Royal Caribbean, any recommendations for a hotel near the port.

See my posts:

SInce then I've also stayed at Radisson Blu Royal Viking, Elite Hotel Stockholm Plaza and Hotel Kung Carl.
All three are very nice hotels although Radisson is very pricey while not being that special. It's located next
to the central station but my room was very quiet though.

As for Kung Carl there was a celebrity party in the hotel bar when I was there so it was a bit loud
early in the evening but but a bit calmer later in the evening.

Ship will be at Frihamnen as no RC ships seems to berth at Stadsgården during July this year.

Edited by Desdichado62

6 hours ago, Belfast Taxman said:

Yes trosebery raises the all important point, which terminal is your ship using?

As it is Royal Carribean, and thus a comparatively large ship, there is little chance of it being Stadsgarden. If your ship starts or terminates in Stockholm then it is more likely to be Frihamnen. As trosebery suggests, if it is Nynashamn, then forget hotels in Stockholm as you are about 40 miles from the city centre.

i suggest you contact RC or your TA to see if they know which port your ship is using, or a bit nearer the time there are a number of websites that track cruise ships that will give you the details.

Stadsgården S167 can handle the biggest ships (like Royal Princess) that can enter Stockholm so size doesn't matter but you are correct that turn arounds usually berths at Frihamnen.

• 1 month later...

We too are sailing leaving out of Stockholm in July as well. Crystal shows using FRIHAMNEN as port..  Any hotels that you would highly recommend if that is the case?   We have not figured out the transportation thing yet so would like it to be within some reasonable walking distance to things when we get there.

We are also due to leave from Frihamnen, which is not so far from central Stockholm as to necessarily dictate your hotel location. We stay at the Sheraton near Gamla Stan, maybe not the hotel of choice but certainly in a good location and better than the alternative we we offered by the cruise line. For your day of departure/embarkation, it should be easy to arrange a transfer or taxi. As has been said before, significant difficulties only arise if your ship is docked at Nynashamn.

3 hours ago, Belfast Taxman said:

We are also due to leave from Frihamnen, which is not so far from central Stockholm as to necessarily dictate your hotel location. We stay at the Sheraton near Gamla Stan, maybe not the hotel of choice but certainly in a good location and better than the alternative we we offered by the cruise line. For your day of departure/embarkation, it should be easy to arrange a transfer or taxi. As has been said before, significant difficulties only arise if your ship is docked at Nynashamn.

Can you tell me how much the Cost on taxi or other form of transportation from Stadsgarden port  to Sheraton hotel near Gamla? Thanks so much.

ruimin

Edited by ruimin

19 minutes ago, ruimin said:

Can you tell me how much the Cost on taxi or other form of transportation from Stadsgarden port  to Sheraton hotel near Gamla? Thanks so much.

ruimin

Around 200 SEK but it varies slightly depending on time of day and traffic.
If you book via Taxi company apps you will get a fixed price before ordering a taxi.

@superdave57 what are your preferences regarding price, distance to "sights" and etc?