Drink tab on 7 day cruise..Cheers package

hoopersville

For us, Cheers doesn't make sense. My husband is a light drinker and even with milkshakes, specialty coffee, etc. we don't hit the daily cost. So, we go a la carte. Our highest bill at the end of a 7 day was still about $100 less than Cheers would have cost. I do the calculations before every cruise and knowing our drinking pattern, itinerary, and cruise length, I've never been able to justify the cost.

• Like 2

I have not gone through every response here, but do bear in mind that if you purchase the Cheers package, your daughter then gets unlimited fancy coffees, soda, bottled waters, flavored hot teas, virgin daiquiris, etc.  So even if she is not drinking alcohol being able to order as many Shirley Temple's with dinner or sip on frozen drinks while lounging on the Serenity deck may add to her cruise.  (and unless its changed you can order one of the large bottles of water at dinner in the MDR to take on your excursion the next day).  

There are a lot of factors to weigh into your decision and like others have said, depending on your situation, the cost of the package may be worth the experience on your vacation of having the freedom to try drinks at will without having to keep an eye on your S&S bill.  

• Like 1

I'm in the same boat, no pun intended. Debating if Cheers is worth it or not. I drink very well on cruises, wife has about 3 a day or so. I have about 10, maybe less. Most we paid is about $500 a week or so. I might have just convinced myself not to get Cheers in April for Panorama cruise.

• Like 2