Questions about Sky Suite connecting to Non-suite cabin

CarolinaMamma

Just discovered that our 20 year old will be joining my husband, myself and our 2 teens on a cruise I’m planning, I have to get the 5 of us into 2 cabins, because one person over 21 is needed to book each cabin. Am considering various combinations on either Equinox or Edge or NCL Haven, which has the 2-bedroom, 2 bathroom family villa.. 

I’ve read on this board that if you book a suite with an adjoining veranda, then its considered a “family suite” and the people staying in the veranda cabin have access to the Retreat. My questions:

1. is thus “family suite” arrangement only on Edge, or can it be done on S-class ships?

2. Does access to the Retreat include Luminae?

3. Am I going to have to call Celebrity to do this? Seems like it’s really hard to book 5 people without calling the cruise line directly, but I was hoping to book with a certain big box TA to get a nice gift card. Final payment date has passed, so I can’t transfer to a TA after booking with Celebrity. 

4. Does Luminae have assigned early and late seatings, or can you go whenever you want?

5. For those who have done this, is there am up charge for the people in the veranda cabin if it is combined into a “family suite,” since the people in that cabin would be getting some of the suite amenities?

Thanks for any advice you can provide. 

I'd call your preferred TA and ask them these questions.   They are going to need to research directly with Celebrity.  

I believe that Celebrity will waive the adult in the room requirement if the rooms are adjacent or directly across the hallway.

I just went through this for a Christmas Cruise on Edge. We ended up passing on the suite and getting two next door concierge cabins. We were very pleased and had a great time.

The family suites are the S3s with the adjoining interior. None of these interior cabins were available when we booked, though most of the S3s were. It seems many snap up those interiors because they are the lowest category.

If my husband and I were booked in a suite, with the kids nearby, they would NOT get any suite benefits. We could bring them to Luminae for dinner, but at a possible $30/pp/pd charge. They could not use the Retreat. It seems the family suite benefits were only for children twelve and under, and my two are teens.

Once we decided to book  non-suite cabins, we booked my husband and I in one, and the kids in the other without issue.

Oh, and Luminae is open seating.

ETA: My travel agent handled all of this for me.

Edited by cyntil8ing

3 hours ago, CarolinaMamma said:

Just discovered that our 20 year old will be joining my husband, myself and our 2 teens on a cruise I’m planning, I have to get the 5 of us into 2 cabins, because one person over 21 is needed to book each cabin. Am considering various combinations on either Equinox or Edge or NCL Haven, which has the 2-bedroom, 2 bathroom family villa.. 

I’ve read on this board that if you book a suite with an adjoining veranda, then its considered a “family suite” and the people staying in the veranda cabin have access to the Retreat. My questions:

1. is thus “family suite” arrangement only on Edge, or can it be done on S-class ships?

2. Does access to the Retreat include Luminae?

3. Am I going to have to call Celebrity to do this? Seems like it’s really hard to book 5 people without calling the cruise line directly, but I was hoping to book with a certain big box TA to get a nice gift card. Final payment date has passed, so I can’t transfer to a TA after booking with Celebrity. 

4. Does Luminae have assigned early and late seatings, or can you go whenever you want?

5. For those who have done this, is there am up charge for the people in the veranda cabin if it is combined into a “family suite,” since the people in that cabin would be getting some of the suite amenities?

Thanks for any advice you can provide. 

If you book connecting cabins, you can put a guest under 21 as the lead guest in one of the rooms.  We did this on Summit in 2018 - my DH and I were booked in a RS and I booked the connecting concierge stateroom for my son (who was 11 at the time).  They would only let us do this because the rooms connected.  In our case, our son got most of the suite benefits (Luminae and Retreat), because he was under 12 years old, but there was a lot of confusion about that when we boarded and ship-side had to confirm with shoreside that this was actually the policy.  I really don't know about Edge, but on the Summit, he only got the suite perks because he was in a connecting room and he was under 12-years old. 

I'm not sure if they offer this on all sailings, but when we sailed over Christmas week in 2019, shoreside concierge sent us an offer to add suite perks to any friends or family sailing in a non-suite stateroom.  The offer said this:  "I am delighted to let you know that we now offer a new Suite Privilege Package if you are traveling with any family that is not in a Suite! This package would allow your family to also enjoy the Suite experience. The charge for this package would be $59 per person per day and would include; complimentary access to Luminae for breakfast / lunch / dinner, complimentary access to the Retreat Lounge and Retreat Sundeck, priority Suite embarkation, priority Suite disembarkation and priority seating in the theater on Evening Chic nights. Kindly note, there are only a limited number of these passes per sailing."  Maybe call Celebrity and see if you can add this if you book the verandah for your son?  Or, could you simply book another Sky Suite so there aren't any issues with the amenities?  

I can't answer your specific questions but since you said final payment has passed I would recommend you forgo any perks from the big box store and call Celebrity direct.  It might be hard to get any kind of connecting cabins at this point.  Perhaps a family veranda will be available.