NO GO FOR A PRE -ARRANGED MEET AND MINGLE

12 hours ago, RotaryMike said:

thanks for mentioning the mic, didn't know it was possible, i'll request one for our M&G on the Star next month.  Did you request it once you were onboard, or in advance ?

I arranged for the microphone in advance with my request for a date and time for a cc M & G. Then went to the Passenger Services desk upon boarding and made sure everything was to go as planned.

I was told to get the mic from the bar tender in Skywalkers and to leave it with him when the M & G was over.

I was told a $15 charge for use of the mic would be added to my account and it was.

In hindsight I should have tried to get it removed, since the crew used it most of the time. We had a very large group so the mic was useful.

No, you do not keep the mic.

Edited by dog

On our cruise last week, one passenger made a gorgeous poster for the captain and officers as well as personalized invitations with their caracatured (spelling is so wrong!) faces. He also dropped off invitations at the guest services desk for all of us on the roll call. We did not receive them, but since we knew in advance where the M&M was, it wasn't that big of a deal.