Photo Package-Unlimited Digital worth it?

Does anyone have a current price list for photos onboard? I can purchase the unlimited digital package for $149 on my cruise planner right now. Part of me thinks it will be nice to not have to worry about having a camera all the time, but realistically not sure how many photos I would actually purchase if I didn't have this. I've only sailed with Carnival and NCL previously. Carnival seemed to have many more photo opps than NCL. Does anyone know how Royal compares? Thanks!

Royal typically has a photo op at embarkation, each port, at dinner on formal nights, and around 4-6 per night in front of various backdrops. Sometimes there are a few additional photo opportunities. With each back drop the photographer will usually take 4-12 photos in various poses. Price I've seen range from $149-$249

I always buy it and never regret it. For us, seeking out photographers is part of the entertainment on board and I have tons of great pics that are formal and silly and everything in between and I never have to say I can't afford one. My DD and I snuck out of dinner last cruise to 'use the facilities' and got a pic in to surprise the boys with later. IMO it's worth it for that price.

If it were up to me, I’d never waste money on silly photos. However, my wife is picture crazy and can’t get enough photos. She’ll easily spend $300+ to have some local photographer come out to the house and take family photos at least twice per year.  And this misery can last 2 hours or more with multiple wardrobe changes. Since we started cruising and buying the photo package, this madness has come to a stop. So yes, to me it’s absolutely worth it to buy the photo package. Even saves a little money compared to the alternative. 
There are lots of photo ops, and by night 2 she will have a favorite photographer and know him/her by name. By the 4th night, I can see the look of despair on their face when they spot my wife approaching. I’ve learned to just smile big and cooperate during these mini photo sessions, and it’ll be over before I know it.  But my 3 year old still fights the good fight and puts up considerable resistance. 

Pricing varies.  Buy it in cruise planner, definitely cheaper than on board.   I’ve paid as little as $90 for a 5 day. And as much as $250 for 7 day cruise photo package. 

4 minutes ago, Dan83 said:

If it were up to me, I’d never waste money on silly photos. However, my wife is picture crazy and can’t get enough photos. She’ll easily spend $300+ to have some local photographer come out to the house and take family photos at least twice per year.  And this misery can last 2 hours or more with multiple wardrobe changes. Since we started cruising and buying the photo package, this madness has come to a stop. So yes, to me it’s absolutely worth it to buy the photo package. Even saves a little money compared to the alternative. 
There are lots of photo ops, and by night 2 she will have a favorite photographer and know him/her by name. By the 4th night, I can see the look of despair on their face when they spot my wife approaching. I’ve learned to just smile big and cooperate during these mini photo sessions, and it’ll be over before I know it.  But my 3 year old still fights the good fight and puts up considerable resistance. 

Pricing varies.  Buy it in cruise planner, definitely cheaper than on board.   I’ve paid as little as $90 for a 5 day. And as much as $250 for 7 day cruise photo package. 

Haha yeah we have an 18 month old who we’ve put through a few torturous photo sessions. I’m just not sure how much we’ll use it sailing with her. I love the idea of it, but I just picture her running away during the 2 mins I’m trying to take a pic with my husband or crying because she’s scared of the photographer when it’s her turn 

6 minutes ago, NicoleToussaint said:

but I just picture her running away during the 2 mins I’m trying to take a pic with my husband or crying because she’s scared of the photographer when it’s her turn 

yes, we’ve experienced all that and worse.  It’s a numbers game. Take enough photos, and there’s bound to be a few good ones. 

Edited by Dan83

We love the photo's also and buy the package.  But we do not buy school pictures like most people do so we use the cruise photo's to show how much younger we are all getting every time we cruise.  It has been amazing to see the changes in my granddaughter over the last 4 years and 6 cruises.  We also do nice, fun and silly photos and the package gives us so many photos to look back on and remember the fun times.  I say buy it and take as many as you can every chance you get.  There are some pretty good photographers on the ships.

We are currently on the symphony. We bought the unlimited digital and print photo package.  We were having dinner in the chops steakhouse and the photographer asked if we wanted our picture taken and decided to since we had the package. At the end of dinner the photographer came with a printed photo in a cheap chops steakhouse folder with a keychain and charged us $25 for it even though we have the photo package. We went to guest services who referred us to the photo department manager. The photo department manager stated that there was a charge for the photo because it is considered a "special" photo. He also went on to say that the unlimited package actually has a limit of 20 photos. Had I known this I wouldn't have wasted the money on it.

3 minutes ago, jamestown478 said:

... The photo department manager stated that there was a charge for the photo because it is considered a "special" photo.  ...

This sounds like a load of BS to me.

In 14 RCL cruises I've only had the package twice and I can say that each time I found it to be an amazing value. You really have to "go after it" in my opinion in terms of taking advantage of every photo opportunity at each port, at each activity, in any location you see a photographer. That's where the value really comes in.