Application of MSC "Diamond" benefits when there are two cabins

pettums

My husband just got matched to being a diamond on MSC. This used to be what was called black I believe. Interestingly he got matched to that from being platinum on DCL (you get this after 10 DCL cruises) which I suspect means we have cruised less than most people who get matched to diamond.

Anyway, I am a gold on MSC. Further we have two cabins booked because we have four kids with an adult allocated to each cabin. I understand he gets a tasting menu free. However,

I think reading the very long FAQ

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Assets/VC-Terms-102019.pdf

that I am not allowed to attend his dinner with him as I am not in the stateroom. However, I wondered in  practice whether that is enforced. 

The official policy would be no, it has to be someone in the same stateroom.  There's a good chance if you explained the situation they would say it's okay but getting even a manager to make such a decision is excruciatingly difficult on MSC.  I advise you just don't say anything and go together using his cabin card with the Diamond status.  There's really no reason for them to even look at your card.

Does anyone know if you are diamond on Seaside which specialty restaurant you can go to and if you can order off the regular menu of that restaurant or is it some kind of tasting menu. I know that on the Armonia you order off the regular menu>>thanks

Totally agree with Ate, as long as you present your husband's card nothing else will be checked. 

Jamon.On Seaside it's Butcher's Cut, Ocean Cay, an Asian restaurant and a Tapas (Tapas night be Meraviglia) IIRC. You order from a set tasting menu, the menus are on here if you search. You're allowed to order dishes off the regular menu at a 50% discount. 

1 hour ago, jamon said:

Does anyone know if you are diamond on Seaside which specialty restaurant you can go to and if you can order off the regular menu of that restaurant or is it some kind of tasting menu. I know that on the Armonia you order off the regular menu>>thanks

Butcher's Cut, Ocean Cay Seafood, or Roy's Asian Market (Asian fusion). You order from the set Experience menu: 3 courses, several choices in each course. If you want anything from the a la carte menu, it's 50% of the a la carte price.  

4 hours ago, lakelorain said:

Only one person has to be Diamond.  The Diamond can take anyone he/she wants to dinner.  I took my daughter and it was her first cruise with MSC.  I'm Diamond.  I only had to show my card to make the reservation.

If you are in the same cabin this has never been an issue. For the OP their partner will be in a different cabin. I don't think it will be an issue as it's a meal for 2 and if you've the correct diamond card they'll not check the card of the guest. 

Edited by CruisingFox27

15 minutes ago, CruisingFox27 said:

If you are in the same cabin this has never been an issue. For the OP their partner will be in a different cabin. I don't think it will be an issue as it's a meal for 2 and if you've the correct diamond card they'll not check the card of the guest. 

My daughter and I were in different cabins and it was no problem.