Oasis sofabed question

SarahD112

I’m planning to book two staterooms on Oasis - one of which is for four young adults, so I’m trying to find out if the sofabeds are the “lay down couch” style or actual sofabeds with mattresses that unfold out of the couch frame. Can anyone help? If it makes a difference I’m looking at interior, oceanview or promenade. And while we’re at it...is deck 7 the only promenade view floor? I’m used to decks 6-8 on freedom class, but looking at deck plans it seems to be only one floor with windows overlooking promenade. 

18 minutes ago, SarahD112 said:

I’m planning to book two staterooms on Oasis - one of which is for four young adults, so I’m trying to find out if the sofabeds are the “lay down couch” style or actual sofabeds with mattresses that unfold out of the couch frame. Can anyone help? If it makes a difference I’m looking at interior, oceanview or promenade. And while we’re at it...is deck 7 the only promenade view floor? I’m used to decks 6-8 on freedom class, but looking at deck plans it seems to be only one floor with windows overlooking promenade. 

Deck 7 is the only deck that has cabins overlooking the promenade.  There are also similar cabins on deck 7 that overlook the boardwalk and cabins on deck 9 that overlook Central Park. 

Sofabeds are the same regardless of cabin type.  They are the same sofabeds as are found on all other Royal ships with the exception of Quantum class and Harmony and Symphony which have the new trundle style beds 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

On Oasis last week.  Cabin steward offered to put a pad on top of the couch and making the bed as a small single, OR to expand it by pulling the lower half out and making it as a small double.  The former provides more space to walk around, the latter provides more space to sleep.  Since it was our 10 year old sleeping on the pull out, we opted for the smaller bed/more room setup.  Hope this helps.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Deck 7 is the only deck that has cabins overlooking the promenade.  There are also similar cabins on deck 7 that overlook the boardwalk and cabins on deck 9 that overlook Central Park. 

Sofabeds are the same regardless of cabin type.  They are the same sofabeds as are found on all other Royal ships with the exception of Quantum class and Harmony and Symphony which have the new trundle style beds 

From the old deck plans, there were a few promenade rooms (maybe 4?) that had a sofa bed and a Pullman.  Can't tell with the new deck plans si CE all rooms of 4 show with a star.  (We booked one of these hoping the Pullman stil exists).

Not sure if a Pullman works for OP as they are all adults but just mentioning incase an alternative.

We were in a balcony on deck 6 of the allure.  The sofa bed was the lay down type. In my opinion,  it is much more narrow that a regular bed.  My 3 year olds slept on it fine the opposite direction as normal. But for two young adults, I think it would be very uncomfortable.  

38 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

From the old deck plans, there were a few promenade rooms (maybe 4?) that had a sofa bed and a Pullman.  Can't tell with the new deck plans si CE all rooms of 4 show with a star.  (We booked one of these hoping the Pullman stil exists).

Not sure if a Pullman works for OP as they are all adults but just mentioning incase an alternative.

My guess is that they did not remove those Pullman beds.  I’m going to keep a copy of the old deck plans just so I know which cabins had that configuration   It was a real nice set up 

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

My guess is that they did not remove those Pullman beds.  I’m going to keep a copy of the old deck plans just so I know which cabins had that configuration   It was a real nice set up 

Good idea.  Wish they would have just kept the deck plans as they were so you could tell.

We had this set up on Allure and it worked well.  Also like the new ships with the sofa bed + trundle bed.

We sailed on the Mariner when my kids were 5 and 8 - they were uncomfortable on the lay down sofa then. I can’t imagine at 18 and 21 that they’d be any happier. 😂 It would be my daughter and her friend, but regardless, we need actual beds for adult bodies. I’d be ok with a sofabed AND a Pullman, because then only one person would have to sleep on the sofabed regardless of its size. 

5 minutes ago, SarahD112 said:

We sailed on the Mariner when my kids were 5 and 8 - they were uncomfortable on the lay down sofa then. I can’t imagine at 18 and 21 that they’d be any happier. 😂 It would be my daughter and her friend, but regardless, we need actual beds for adult bodies. I’d be ok with a sofabed AND a Pullman, because then only one person would have to sleep on the sofabed regardless of its size. 

Take a look at booking 3 staterooms instead of 2. It may not be that much more and everyone gets a real bed. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, The Grumpus said:

Does anyone know the difference between Oasis staterooms labeled "sofabed eligible" and others labeled "sofabed available"?  The key doesn't differentiate between the two.

The sofabed  eligible are triple occupancy rooms. They have a sofa that can be made into a bed.  It does not pull out like a sofa bed they just make it up as a bed for 1.