Cruise Critic Community
singinalot

Singinalot’s 2nd time on Allure - my picture review and blog 1/5-12,2020

4 hours ago, Sadebud said:

Great review, as usual!  I'm a long time lurker but seldom post.  Looking forward to your Allure review later this year.  My brother and sister in law are booked on that one as well.

Tracy

awesome! do you know if they’ve joined our incredibly active roll call?

On 1/18/2020 at 3:16 PM, maggieq said:

Love Nate’s hat! 😊

ditto

Edited by singinalot

On 1/17/2020 at 7:24 PM, singinalot said:

89691b5950d8bddc2140624e275e5276.jpg

On 1/17/2020 at 7:29 PM, singinalot said:

ac3cc6a1f8b576b884ebc9b7d9cf24c3.jpg

Bwahahahaha!!!!!!!! Epic photos! Nate's freakin' hilarious.

I just have to meet you guys on a sailing some day 😁

Great review as usual Singin' 👍

13 hours ago, singinalot said:

awesome! do you know if they’ve joined our incredibly active roll call?

No, not yet.  They are not active on CC but I keep telling them they need to start!  

11 hours ago, Hoopster95 said:

Bwahahahaha!!!!!!!! Epic photos! Nate's freakin' hilarious.

I just have to meet you guys on a sailing some day 😁

Great review as usual Singin' 👍

he cracks me up all the time! my nerd ❤️

we definitely need to be on the same cruise one day! our only planned upcoming cruise right now is the TA....but hopefully something for early next year soon

1 hour ago, Sadebud said:

No, not yet.  They are not active on CC but I keep telling them they need to start!  

such a great wealth of info here!

As usual great review.  Enjoyed all the photos.  We will also be on the 11/1 TA cruise, also doing the 10/25 cruise.  If I see you on the TA cruise I'll be sure and say hello.  

It was fabulous! I really appreciate your perspective and I'm glad you had a great time! I won't feel so strange fasting until lunch time after seeing you do the same. 😉

2 hours ago, CPPADILLA said:

As usual great review.  Enjoyed all the photos.  We will also be on the 11/1 TA cruise, also doing the 10/25 cruise.  If I see you on the TA cruise I'll be sure and say hello.  

please do say hi!

Great review. i enjoyed your pictures and commentary. I love all the colors in San Juan.Thank you for taking the time to share.

well so much for saying I’m sick of the caribbean 🤦🏼‍♀️🙈 we just booked an all inclusive in Playa Del Carmen for August 🤷‍♀️ se la vie. It’s going to be amazing.

On 1/28/2020 at 8:35 AM, zencruisers said:

Great review. i enjoyed your pictures and commentary. I love all the colors in San Juan.Thank you for taking the time to share.

thank you!

Crystal, I found and read this today and gobbled it up in one long sitting. Another fun review and I like how you rolled with the punches-no Coco Cay, 5 hours in San Juan (El Morro fort was a highlight there for us), no St Kitts but I am happy you went to beautiful St John (but with rain), Labadee with wind=no bueno. And all the mishaps early on especially that taco place!

What put your friends off cruising for 7 days as opposed to, say, 3? 

Norris, with thanks.

On 1/10/2020 at 5:05 PM, singinalot said:

Sitting on our balcony in Haiti as we wait for the last of the guests to board, trying to read this book “The Last Train to London” that I just can’t get into, so figured I’d go ahead and start this. The next two days may be less posts since we’re not finished yet, but I do already have some drafted so let’s get this party started!

97cc08e02a0b59c47f248812baf7a3f1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love your reviews!  Really excited for this one.  Just read about the awful dinner in South Beach.  South Beach is notoriously expensive!!  And, the prices for food at Intercontinental are insane!  Would you recommend the Hotel Intercontinental?  We have stayed at the Hilton Downtown Miami and also had a water view room.  Food at the hotel wasn't the best, but the room prices were reasonable for downtown Miami.

Excited for the rest of the review.  And, love the gown in this photo!!

19 hours ago, Bimmer09 said:

Crystal, I found and read this today and gobbled it up in one long sitting. Another fun review and I like how you rolled with the punches-no Coco Cay, 5 hours in San Juan (El Morro fort was a highlight there for us), no St Kitts but I am happy you went to beautiful St John (but with rain), Labadee with wind=no bueno. And all the mishaps early on especially that taco place!

What put your friends off cruising for 7 days as opposed to, say, 3? 

Norris, with thanks.

Glad you found me!

I think they got stir crazy? I’m not sure. They were also both working for several of the days and I think they couldn’t shut their minds fully off from work which Im sure is a huge contributor 😞

i Saw you liked the post with the shipping containers. knew you’d like that one!

21 minutes ago, pcrum said:

I love your reviews!  Really excited for this one.  Just read about the awful dinner in South Beach.  South Beach is notoriously expensive!!  And, the prices for food at Intercontinental are insane!  Would you recommend the Hotel Intercontinental?  We have stayed at the Hilton Downtown Miami and also had a water view room.  Food at the hotel wasn't the best, but the room prices were reasonable for downtown Miami.

Excited for the rest of the review.  And, love the gown in this photo!!

TBH...I think if we had paid cash for the room I would have been a little disappointed. The location is perfect and the lobby is gorgeous, but there’s nothing special about the rooms besides the view and again the cost of breakfast was just a really sour note.  

Thank you! Christmas gift from the hubby since he knew I wanted a new one. I got to pick it out though of course 🤣

On 1/16/2020 at 11:45 AM, singinalot said:

sadly, no. They said they could do 3-5 days but that 7 was just too long for them. LOL. 3-5 days is way too short for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow!  After doing a 15 night TA cruise, we said 7 days is too short!!  I love the longer cruises!  You really feel like you have been away and can relax with the longer cruises!

6 minutes ago, pcrum said:

Wow!  After doing a 15 night TA cruise, we said 7 days is too short!!  I love the longer cruises!  You really feel like you have been away and can relax with the longer cruises!

we can’t wait for our first TA in Nov!

1 hour ago, singinalot said:

we can’t wait for our first TA in Nov!

You will love it!!  Barcelona is a really fun city too!!