Singinalot’s 2nd time on Allure - my picture review and blog 1/5-12,2020

4 hours ago, Sadebud said:

Great review, as usual!  I'm a long time lurker but seldom post.  Looking forward to your Allure review later this year.  My brother and sister in law are booked on that one as well.

Tracy

awesome! do you know if they’ve joined our incredibly active roll call?

On 1/18/2020 at 3:16 PM, maggieq said:

Love Nate’s hat! 😊

ditto

Edited by singinalot
On 1/17/2020 at 7:24 PM, singinalot said:

89691b5950d8bddc2140624e275e5276.jpg

On 1/17/2020 at 7:29 PM, singinalot said:

ac3cc6a1f8b576b884ebc9b7d9cf24c3.jpg

Bwahahahaha!!!!!!!! Epic photos! Nate's freakin' hilarious.

I just have to meet you guys on a sailing some day 😁

Great review as usual Singin' 👍

13 hours ago, singinalot said:

awesome! do you know if they’ve joined our incredibly active roll call?

No, not yet.  They are not active on CC but I keep telling them they need to start!  

11 hours ago, Hoopster95 said:

Bwahahahaha!!!!!!!! Epic photos! Nate's freakin' hilarious.

I just have to meet you guys on a sailing some day 😁

Great review as usual Singin' 👍

he cracks me up all the time! my nerd ❤️

we definitely need to be on the same cruise one day! our only planned upcoming cruise right now is the TA....but hopefully something for early next year soon

1 hour ago, Sadebud said:

No, not yet.  They are not active on CC but I keep telling them they need to start!  

such a great wealth of info here!

2 hours ago, CPPADILLA said:

As usual great review.  Enjoyed all the photos.  We will also be on the 11/1 TA cruise, also doing the 10/25 cruise.  If I see you on the TA cruise I'll be sure and say hello.  

please do say hi!

Crystal, I found and read this today and gobbled it up in one long sitting. Another fun review and I like how you rolled with the punches-no Coco Cay, 5 hours in San Juan (El Morro fort was a highlight there for us), no St Kitts but I am happy you went to beautiful St John (but with rain), Labadee with wind=no bueno. And all the mishaps early on especially that taco place!

What put your friends off cruising for 7 days as opposed to, say, 3? 

Norris, with thanks.

On 1/10/2020 at 5:05 PM, singinalot said:

Sitting on our balcony in Haiti as we wait for the last of the guests to board, trying to read this book “The Last Train to London” that I just can’t get into, so figured I’d go ahead and start this. The next two days may be less posts since we’re not finished yet, but I do already have some drafted so let’s get this party started!

97cc08e02a0b59c47f248812baf7a3f1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love your reviews!  Really excited for this one.  Just read about the awful dinner in South Beach.  South Beach is notoriously expensive!!  And, the prices for food at Intercontinental are insane!  Would you recommend the Hotel Intercontinental?  We have stayed at the Hilton Downtown Miami and also had a water view room.  Food at the hotel wasn't the best, but the room prices were reasonable for downtown Miami.

Excited for the rest of the review.  And, love the gown in this photo!!

19 hours ago, Bimmer09 said:

Crystal, I found and read this today and gobbled it up in one long sitting. Another fun review and I like how you rolled with the punches-no Coco Cay, 5 hours in San Juan (El Morro fort was a highlight there for us), no St Kitts but I am happy you went to beautiful St John (but with rain), Labadee with wind=no bueno. And all the mishaps early on especially that taco place!

What put your friends off cruising for 7 days as opposed to, say, 3? 

Norris, with thanks.

Glad you found me!

I think they got stir crazy? I’m not sure. They were also both working for several of the days and I think they couldn’t shut their minds fully off from work which Im sure is a huge contributor 😞

i Saw you liked the post with the shipping containers. knew you’d like that one!

21 minutes ago, pcrum said:

I love your reviews!  Really excited for this one.  Just read about the awful dinner in South Beach.  South Beach is notoriously expensive!!  And, the prices for food at Intercontinental are insane!  Would you recommend the Hotel Intercontinental?  We have stayed at the Hilton Downtown Miami and also had a water view room.  Food at the hotel wasn't the best, but the room prices were reasonable for downtown Miami.

Excited for the rest of the review.  And, love the gown in this photo!!

TBH...I think if we had paid cash for the room I would have been a little disappointed. The location is perfect and the lobby is gorgeous, but there’s nothing special about the rooms besides the view and again the cost of breakfast was just a really sour note.  

Thank you! Christmas gift from the hubby since he knew I wanted a new one. I got to pick it out though of course 🤣

On 1/16/2020 at 11:45 AM, singinalot said:

sadly, no. They said they could do 3-5 days but that 7 was just too long for them. LOL. 3-5 days is way too short for us.

Wow!  After doing a 15 night TA cruise, we said 7 days is too short!!  I love the longer cruises!  You really feel like you have been away and can relax with the longer cruises!

6 minutes ago, pcrum said:

Wow!  After doing a 15 night TA cruise, we said 7 days is too short!!  I love the longer cruises!  You really feel like you have been away and can relax with the longer cruises!

we can’t wait for our first TA in Nov!

• 4 months later...
On 6/27/2020 at 4:10 AM, cruisequeen4ever said:

I’m glad I saved this to read during the cruising dry spell; thank you for taking us along! I really hope you are able to do the TA in November!

thank you! It's fun to read back through this...January seems like so long ago now and sad to think this may have been our only vacation this year.

At this point I've cancelled all of our cruise planner, hotel and airline purchases for November. 😞

Most enjoyable!

Love that red hat!!

The Intercontinental at Miami is where we stayed before our first ever cruise on our honeymoon in 1993 on the Carnival Ecstasy.

Thanks for the memories.

Cheers 🍹🥂🍻

22 hours ago, RKHOOKER said:

Most enjoyable!

Love that red hat!!

The Intercontinental at Miami is where we stayed before our first ever cruise on our honeymoon in 1993 on the Carnival Ecstasy.

Thanks for the memories.

Cheers 🍹🥂🍻

thank you!  Cheers!

On 6/29/2020 at 6:22 AM, singinalot said:

thank you! It's fun to read back through this...January seems like so long ago now and sad to think this may have been our only vacation this year.

At this point I've cancelled all of our cruise planner, hotel and airline purchases for November. 😞

I’m right there with you; we disembarked our Christmas and New Year’s cruise the day you embarked, and our next one (after 2 summer cruises being canceled) is in December (if it happens). It’s wise you canceled the extras to be safe. We have our airfare booked through the cruise line at no current cost to us, and our hotel is refundable, so we’re hanging on as long as we can. 

On 6/30/2020 at 2:06 PM, cruisequeen4ever said:

I’m right there with you; we disembarked our Christmas and New Year’s cruise the day you embarked, and our next one (after 2 summer cruises being canceled) is in December (if it happens). It’s wise you canceled the extras to be safe. We have our airfare booked through the cruise line at no current cost to us, and our hotel is refundable, so we’re hanging on as long as we can. 

fingers crossed for you!

• 3 months later...
On 1/17/2020 at 10:10 PM, singinalot said:

f7681af81e17764c1b88858eb57ad0c8.jpg

1199e3c689b49c9d198a13142a885cc8.jpg

the guys stopped for more food on the way back
33bf07e426909447dc99183623f00bc0.jpg

my I’m annoyed with the wind and want to get back on the ship face
e8439d70daa18a4a2036b0ddf68ce8c9.jpg

406619f4a93467c904c4561095f5ff42.jpg

2:45 and time for my first meal...if you don’t count the 1000 calories I just had in 2
drinks emoji484.png
7ced1ecc15aa00e9d0f9dab25c2ab34d.jpg

I'm late to the review, but am enjoying it.  Curious if you do intermittent fasting,  as you don't seem to eat as often as the rest of your group.

Loved the photos of St. John also!!  Thanks for a great review!

Edited by pcrum