adding passenger to solo reservation

NicolaNerthus

My TA is closed until monday, so i was wondering if anyone here had any experience with this.  I have a cabin booked on Harmony coming up in about 3 weeks.  I've booked a balcony as a solo.  So i've already paid double fare.  But i have a friend that may be interested in joining me.  Any one have experience with adding someone last minute? did it change your perks, or charge a fee?  I told her i would take her for free since i've already paid. i don't want to get her hopes up if its not possible.  Thanks for any information!

Crystal

It depends on the cruise line and the specials they are running but usually you would only have to pay the extra gratuities and port fees for the second passenger.  You know the cruise lines reservation call centers are usually open on weekends.  They could give you  definitive answer.  Be sure to have your reservation number handy when you call.

Have a great cruise.  

I did this once as well, had booked a haven suite as a solo passenger, and already paid double the fare.  I added my GF at the time and we only had to pay gratuities, taxes, and fees.  It was strange though and took several calls.  What had happened was that I had created a dinner reservation for myself on one night, and when my TA tried to add her it kept saying no that there was no occupancy.  They told me looks like the cruise was sold out.   Had to call a few times before they got that sorted out, deleted my dinner reservation, and then getting her added was simple!