Cruise Critic Community

What is one's thoughts on the difference between Jewel of the Seas vs Liberty of the Seas?

We have a choice to change because of a cancelation. 

we are two couples with no kids. Have been on ships from the Adventure to the Symphony of the Seas.

Pros and Cons.

Liberty would be very similar to Adventure.  About 500 more guests and slightly longer, so it has space for a larger kiddle pool area, longer Royal Promenade.  Also has a Flowrider which you may or may not have seen on Adventure.

Jewel is much smaller, maybe 2500 guests instead of around 4000 on Liberty.  No Royal Promenade on Jewel.  Outdoor Windjammer seating is nice.  Views to the sea from virtually every public venue, including the elevators.

Another Jewel feature is the climate controlled Solarium.

17 minutes ago, cruzinisgood said:

What is one's thoughts on the difference between Jewel of the Seas vs Liberty of the Seas?

We have a choice to change because of a cancelation. 

we are two couples with no kids. Have been on ships from the Adventure to the Symphony of the Seas.

Pros and Cons.

Presumably this is when Jewel temporarily replaces Liberty so time of year would be different?

Mar 14th  2021.. Leave Galveston for a 8 night sail.

Costa Maya, Cozumel, Roatan and Grand Cayman.

I might add i have been on the Celebrity Infinity and seems like a similar size.

Edited by cruzinisgood
add more

Jewel is going to be very similar in terms of size and design to the Infinity. Liberty will be similar to Adventure but slightly longer and more modern. 

If you have not been on the smaller ships , and liked Adventure, go with Liberty . 

I have been on Liberty and didn't care for it.  I much more enjoyed the Serenade, which is like the Jewel.  But that's a personal opinion from someone traveling as a couple with no kids.  Serenade was much more suited to us because we don't care about the kid's venues and all the bells and whistles.  We like the relaxation and the sea views, which are everywhere on the Serenade.  It's why we chose Jewel for a New Years cruise 2021-22.  We've just never found anything else we enjoyed as much as that class of ships and how they give you the views and truly make you feel like you are on the ocean.

We’re booked on the Jewel for a Med cruise Oct. 2020 and was a bit concerned about some of the reviews I’ve read until I found this thread. One of the reasons we chose the Jewel was the size, similar to both the Constellation and Serenade which were great. 
Thanks for the reminder, feeling better about our decision now.