Cunard website/VP problems(Merged threads)

lissie

Geek alert on!

I've done some snooping at some of the HTML being generated by the new voyage personaliser.

First of all, here is the code I'm seeing for the unlabeled "Bed Configuration" radio buttons.

<input type="radio" name="Bed" id="KG" value="on">

<label for="KG"></label>

<input type="radio" name="Bed" id="T2" value="on">

<label for="T2"></label>

I suppose we can assume the first radio button with an id of "KG" is for "King" and the second with an id of "T2" is for "2 Twins".

When I look at the code having to do with the "Pre-Voyage Booklet", I was able to see the code is actually present on my page for that section, but it has the "hidden" attribute for me so that's why I'm not seeing it. Of course the unanswered question is what controls when this section is "hidden" and when it is not.

<div class="passenger-option-section MC-42--hide" hidden>

<h3 class="form-title">Pre-Voyage Booklet.</h3>

And when I dig a little deeper, I see this is how the radio buttons are defined to either request or decline the pre-voyage booklet.

<input type="radio" class="input-radio" name="leadConsent" id="allowLeadConsent" value="allow">

<label class="radio-label" for="allowLeadConsent">

I would like to receive the pre-voyage booklet.

</label>

<input type="radio" class="input-radio" name="leadConsent" id="denyLeadConsent" value="deny">

<label class="radio-label" for="denyLeadConsent">

I would not like to receive the pre-voyage booklet.

</label>

The names, ids, and values on these radio buttons (which are hidden on my page) would tend to indicate they are actually trying to control whether you consent to allow the lead passenger to edit your personal data (even though this is on the page for me, the lead passenger). It does make one wonder what they are in fact controlling.

Geek alert off!

When I called US Cunard customer service earlier today for an unrelated matter, I asked if we would be receiving the pre-voyage booklet. The customer service representative assured me that we would. We'll see in about a month and a half when it should be mailed out for our voyage.

Edited by bluemarble
  • Like 2

I have booked back to back Cunard cruises with a TA - who has booked me into a certain Cabin class and certain cabin numbers as indicated on his "quote" to me. But being a cynical old man who trusts nobody, I thought I would check the Cunard cruise personaliser to  check all is OK ( this being something that I always do when cruising with other cruiselines). But - lo and behold - unless I have become more blind than I thought, the info is nowhere to be found in the cruise personaliser. We did 3 cruises with Cunard 2 years ago and I can't remember (being an old man) how it was back then. Any advice please??:)  I am thinking that it will eventually show on the eTicket but that is apparently not available until one week before departure. Just as a side issue, I will be "at sea" one week before my second cruise departure!!! 

Welcome to the wonderful world of the new Cunard voyage personaliser. We've been discussing many of it's "idiosyncrasies" on this rather long-winded thread. No indication of your cabin number anymore is just one of the issues with the new personaliser.

Edit: I see this post has put me into the "3000+ Club". Took me almost 10 years since I joined Cruise Critic to move up from "Cool Cruiser", but I've made it, not that that's any great accomplishment.

Edited by bluemarble
  • Like 1

By the way, I don't think you will actually have to wait until one week before departure to receive your e-ticket (given that you have a cabin assignment, or at least that's what we presume since the personaliser won't tell you that). Even though that's what it now says about e-ticket availability in the personaliser, I've seen at least one post on this forum where e-tickets and luggage labels were available on the new personaliser at least 30 days before departure.

I've tried Safari and Firefox on a Mac and Firefox and IE on a PC.

I select table for 2 and it always reverts back to 6 the next time I go into the site.

I have two options for bed configuration but no text so I don't know which button  is for the King and which is the Twin.

It won't accept a single numeral for my house number.

After filling in passport details, most of that data disappears the next time I go into the site.

Likewise for Travel Insurance.

I have entered same data at least a half dozen times and click on "Save" each time. What am I doing wrong!

There are buttons saying that Check-in and boarding pass will only be available a week out so I hope I can generate those without this information!

This is our first sailing with Cunard, first impressions are not good.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, ozbrian said:

I've tried Safari and Firefox on a Mac and Firefox and IE on a PC.

I select table for 2 and it always reverts back to 6 the next time I go into the site.

I have two options for bed configuration but no text so I don't know which button  is for the King and which is the Twin.

It won't accept a single numeral for my house number.

After filling in passport details, most of that data disappears the next time I go into the site.

Likewise for Travel Insurance.

I have entered same data at least a half dozen times and click on "Save" each time. What am I doing wrong!

There are buttons saying that Check-in and boarding pass will only be available a week out so I hope I can generate those without this information!

This is our first sailing with Cunard, first impressions are not good.

Technology and Cunard are like oil and water.  It's no better onboard the ship, but the line thankfully makes up for it in so many other ways.  I'm hoping your onboard experience will make up for it.  

I hate to suggest this after all your attempts, but I've found Chrome on my Mac is the only thing that seems to work with the VP.  Otherwise I get error messages or I'm timed out.  Hope this helps.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, eroller said:

Technology and Cunard are like oil and water.  It's no better onboard the ship, but the line thankfully makes up for it in so many other ways.  I'm hoping your onboard experience will make up for it.  

I hate to suggest this after all your attempts, but I've found Chrome on my Mac is the only thing that seems to work with the VP.  Otherwise I get error messages or I'm timed out.  Hope this helps.  

I'll give Chrome a try tonight. I just spend another 30 minutes putting data in. It looks like most of it has stuck now apart from the insurance details (plus bed and dining which seems to be a lucky dip).

Thanks

15 minutes ago, ozbrian said:

I'll give Chrome a try tonight. I just spend another 30 minutes putting data in. It looks like most of it has stuck now apart from the insurance details (plus bed and dining which seems to be a lucky dip).

Thanks

Best of luck!  I hope it works for you.  

1 hour ago, ozbrian said:

Thanks

I don't think you will find the travel insurance or emergency assistance company information will stick regardless of which browser or platform you try. This is a problem that several others have reported and is happening to me as well. And as others have also reported, when I asked US Cunard customer service about it earlier today, I was told they are aware of the problem and not to worry about completing those fields (at least until the problem is fixed, whenever that might be). The fact that those fields cannot be completed is apparently not stopping e-tickets and luggage labels from being issued.

Edited by bluemarble
  • Like 1

I had all the problems that are described here. I called US customer service and they entered all the data for me .The person didn't know they asked for insurance data and said it made no difference. I was also afraid it wouldn't let me print out tags and tickets however was told no problem as they will e mail them to me if needed. They said 6 weeks before and system says 1 week. It is shocking how bad the system is and Cunard agrees.

6 hours ago, bazzaw said:

I have booked back to back Cunard cruises with a TA - who has booked me into a certain Cabin class and certain cabin numbers as indicated on his "quote" to me. But being a cynical old man who trusts nobody, I thought I would check the Cunard cruise personaliser to  check all is OK ( this being something that I always do when cruising with other cruiselines). But - lo and behold - unless I have become more blind than I thought, the info is nowhere to be found in the cruise personaliser. We did 3 cruises with Cunard 2 years ago and I can't remember (being an old man) how it was back then. Any advice please??:)  I am thinking that it will eventually show on the eTicket but that is apparently not available until one week before departure. Just as a side issue, I will be "at sea" one week before my second cruise departure!!! 

Don't you have a guarantee cabin instead of a cabin number for your recent sale booking? In any case, cabin numbers don't seem to be showing on the Cunard VP even when a specific cabin number has been booked.

The concierge will be able to print your onward cruise documents for you, I assume.

57 minutes ago, LittleFish1976 said:

Don't you have a guarantee cabin instead of a cabin number for your recent sale booking? In any case, cabin numbers don't seem to be showing on the Cunard VP even when a specific cabin number has been booked.

The concierge will be able to print your onward cruise documents for you, I assume.

Yes - the TransPacific cruise is a Guarantee ( but would like to confirm the Stateroom class) - the second cruise in Canada/Alaska is a specific cabin allocation ( not in the same cabin class as the first) 

cabin. 

31 minutes ago, bazzaw said:

Yes - the TransPacific cruise is a Guarantee ( but would like to confirm the Stateroom class) - the second cruise in Canada/Alaska is a specific cabin allocation ( not in the same cabin class as the first) 

cabin. 

You should perhaps have some sort of reservation confirmation email direct from Cunard. Or if not, then from your travel agent. It should have stated on it the cabin category. I find the information hard to find on those documents but it is there.

OK, let's see if I can get this posted into the correct thread this time ...

Today I'm not seeing the "Cunard World Club" section any more within my Personal Details on the US voyage personaliser. It's now being hidden from me by the HTML the same way my "Pre-Voyage Booklet" section is being hidden from me.

I suppose they've determined telling everyone they have "No membership tier" in the Cunard World Club has caused enough confusion that they are now hiding that section rather than showing it. Of course showing us our actual membership tier would be helpful, but apparently that's expecting too much.

• Like 1

Just now, naturelovergirl said:

So today, I took that link from the planner to make sure that the "marketing" info was correct for the MY ACCOUNT... and it would let me put in our details- but it would not confirm our World Club number... it made us leave it blank. Is this what others have experienced as well?

I don't think that "Marketing" link is actually intended for us in the United States. That goes to the "My Account" page at "mycunard.cunard.co.uk". That page was added back in 2018 primarily to support the requirements of the EU's GDPR data protection regulations which do not apply to the US. I've never tried creating a "My Account" there, but I suspect it will not accept US Cunard World Club account numbers.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, eroller said:

Chrome didn't work either 😞

14 hours ago, bluemarble said:

I don't think you will find the travel insurance or emergency assistance company information will stick regardless of which browser or platform you try. This is a problem that several others have reported and is happening to me as well. And as others have also reported, when I asked US Cunard customer service about it earlier today, I was told they are aware of the problem and not to worry about completing those fields (at least until the problem is fixed, whenever that might be). The fact that those fields cannot be completed is apparently not stopping e-tickets and luggage labels from being issued.

Thanks, I'm glad to know it's just not me.

We are only 18 days out from the cruise. Luggage tags were available but on-line check-in and eTickets say they will only be available within a week of the sailing date. That doesn't give us much time with a recalcitrant web site. 

6 hours ago, bluemarble said:

OK, let's see if I can get this posted into the correct thread this time ...

Today I'm not seeing the "Cunard World Club" section any more within my Personal Details on the US voyage personaliser. It's now being hidden from me by the HTML the same way my "Pre-Voyage Booklet" section is being hidden from me.

I suppose they've determined telling everyone they have "No membership tier" in the Cunard World Club has caused enough confusion that they are now hiding that section rather than showing it. Of course showing us our actual membership tier would be helpful, but apparently that's expecting too much.

In UK at least 4 me world club level is shown

12 hours ago, LittleFish1976 said:

You should perhaps have some sort of reservation confirmation email direct from Cunard. Or if not, then from your travel agent. It should have stated on it the cabin category. I find the information hard to find on those documents but it is there.

Yes - I have the info on my TA confirmation. I would just like to see it in "writing" from Cunard before we board. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, sogne said:

In UK at least 4 me world club level is shown

3 minutes ago, bazzaw said:

Yes - so do ours . 

That's interesting. Another mystery with the voyage personaliser then, unless the Cunard World Club level is missing for everyone else in the US but showing for those of you in the UK and Australia.

Are you seeing your actual Cunard World Club level in the personaliser or just "No membership tier"?

If you are seeing your true membership level, I suppose there's hope that they are working on it to roll out to the US version of the personaliser.

8 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

That's interesting. Another mystery with the voyage personaliser then, unless the Cunard World Club level is missing for everyone else in the US but showing for those of you in the UK and Australia.

Are you seeing your actual Cunard World Club level in the personaliser or just "No membership tier"?

If you are seeing your true membership level, I suppose there's hope that they are working on it to roll out to the US version of the personaliser.

Yes - the actual Club level - Platinum in our case.  Strangely enough, since our last cruise with Cunard 2 years ago, my wife's number (only hers) has changed and they deny that her old number ever existed!!!! 🙂 

Edited by bazzaw

14 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

in VP shows on cruise summary page and in personal details under WC info

Edited by sogne

Thanks for that update, bazzaw and sogne. As of yesterday my voyage personaliser was still just showing "No membership tier" in the Cunard World Club section of my "Personal Details". Now today it's hiding everything to do with my Cunard World Club level.

I will be optimistic this indicates they are in the process of rolling out showing true Cunard World Club levels to the US. Of course if someone from the US reports they are seeing their actual Cunard World Club level in their voyage personaliser, that will blow that theory out of the water.

Edited by bluemarble