Cruise Critic Community

Has anyone taken Carnival Magic? And if you have what cabin did you stay in? And was there any bad smell in that area? 

Edited by jcool

why are you so rude? We stayed in the Cloud 9 balcony on deck 12, loved it

Been in a cove balcony twice on the Magic and in a lido balcony once. Never had any issues on the Magic. 

1 hour ago, coevan said:

why are you so rude? We stayed in the Cloud 9 balcony on deck 12, loved it

How am I being rude?  He asked if anyone had sailed the magic. How is referring someone to the cruise critic reviews where there is tons of feedback rude instead of waiting for one reply to trickle in?  You’re the one with an unreasonable comment. 

You are being rude why don’t you go through all those reviews. If someone asks a question I would answer them. If I knew the answer.

46 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

How am I being rude?  He asked if anyone had sailed the magic. How is referring someone to the cruise critic reviews where there is tons of feedback rude instead of waiting for one reply to trickle in?  You’re the one with an unreasonable comment. 

because you never answer anyone, just direct them to different portals, which may or may not be as effective as the Carnival board

I have sailed in aft-extended balconies several times on the Magic.  Never a whiff.  Once or twice I noticed a slight sewage smell near the atrium elevators on deck 3.

I have read reports here from people sailing in forward cove balconies on deck 2 of the Magic, complaining about a sewage smell.  I have not experienced this first hand.

We thoroughly enjoyed the Magic.

We did Magic in Jan 2018, i don't recall any smells but sometimes you get that brief smell on any ship. We really liked the Magic, great time!

We sailed in an interior on Lido last summer. Had a sewer smell in the hallway near the laundry at the beginning of the cruise. As soon as maintenance cleaned the lint traps and a floor trap in the laundry room, the smell went away 😊

We were in the forwardmost starboard cove balcony deck two.  No smells that we noticed.  Loved her and we will be sailing on her again next month.

I cruised on the Magic last year and was on deck 10.  I did not experience smelling anything strange.  It was a fun cruise.  Maybe certain decks or areas of the ship are more prone to smells.  Deck 10 was fine when I cruised.

Interior on deck 7 this past November. No offensive smells that I can recall anywhere on the ship.

Best cruise we ever took was on the Magic, January 2018. Stayed in cabin 6260, great location. No, we didn’t notice any smells anywhere we went.

We've had cabins on deck 7 & deck 8 - never problems with smells there.  I have noticed on different ships that there are certain areas where I've smelled unpleasant odors, but I think it was on a lower deck.  I don't recall if it's been every ship or just a few.  My signature has the actual cabin numbers if you want them - I think one was 7441.  I'd look, but my signature doesn't show up when I am writing a post.  Anyway, it just seems that I would smell it while walking somewhere else, so I don't know if it was present the entire cruise or not.

I think I know where this thread came from because I have seen a couple of reports of sewage smells on lower decks of Magic on a social media page.

On 1/11/2020 at 1:59 PM, coevan said:

because you never answer anyone, just direct them to different portals, which may or may not be as effective as the Carnival board

So you noticed that also.  I ask a question once (after 23 plus cruises) and was told it was not Norwegian related. WHAT ???? Ir was a NCL cruise i was asking about. She turned right around and answered someone else the same way. I made a comeback by saying that is apparently everyone’s answer.  Next thing i know my whole post was gone.  I started to find out how and why. Left it alone.  Everyone recognizes a smarty pants when they read it.

Stayed in 9201 and just got off yesterday.  We noticed no smells.