Edge-Grand Bistro

Oville

Thanks to you both.  We both love Coq au Vin so Saturday is a must.

Michelle, we’re looking forward to boarding tomorrow.  Originally Marilyn was on this cruise and sadly,  and ironically,  had to cancel in October because a co-worker had  suddenly passed away and M was needed at the hospital.  A golden margarita or two will be certainly raised.  Over dinner tonight Jeff mentioned he’s going to miss sending her videos of the groups she liked.  Katie

14 hours ago, Oville said:

Thanks to you both.  We both love Coq au Vin so Saturday is a must.

Michelle, we’re looking forward to boarding tomorrow.  Originally Marilyn was on this cruise and sadly,  and ironically,  had to cancel in October because a co-worker had  suddenly passed away and M was needed at the hospital.  A golden margarita or two will be certainly raised.  Over dinner tonight Jeff mentioned he’s going to miss sending her videos of the groups she liked.  Katie

Katie, I’ll check the port webcam during your sail away. Just imagine us waving our arms and wishing you and Jeff bon voyage😊

You know, I still feel a sense of disbelief whenever I remember she’s gone. We were in our first proper suite (since the advent of Luminae & Michael’s Club) in December, and I kept thinking I’d have to remember to share some odd or amusing occurrence with her, only to feel a jolt of sadness a moment later. Having lost my beloved mother when she was only 60, I can imagine how bereft Henry and the rest of the family must feel. My heart goes out to them🌺

Have a wonderful cruise! Can’t wait to see you in November!

Michelle

Edited by Silkroad

We had lunch on our Embarkation day and enjoyed all except my entree was Steak Frites, they did not have fries so gave me bread instead. Not happy with my entree but everything else was fantastic

1098291791_CelebrityEdge-2018-12-09_12-40-50.thumb.jpg.da5230c7a2069a5a1a734083fd78ced0.jpg

806934253_CelebrityEdge-2018-12-09_12-40-58.thumb.jpg.45cf1242c53edb836ffe4d918733c898.jpg

133910337_CelebrityEdge-2018-12-09_12-56-05.thumb.jpg.6ab3504ff17019c2b86b228b14abad58.jpg

2021722436_CelebrityEdge-2018-12-09_12-56-10.thumb.jpg.26ab76ae0af51e65430466c45bb452a2.jpg

185411000_CelebrityEdge-2018-12-09_13-13-55.thumb.jpg.2702d5a915acb8685b1b4f70dd7ddb7c.jpg

614872035_CelebrityEdge-2018-12-09_13-13-59.thumb.jpg.d7ad3a30c516c405a34df37e530f5095.jpg

1282606849_CelebrityEdge-2018-12-09_13-43-06.thumb.jpg.90b42af69253d401692a8ca0fdc80148.jpg

2100094679_CelebrityEdge-2018-12-09_13-43-13.thumb.jpg.ac349aad6a1312bb16ea4b618a2c17a5.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great photos.

For our lunch there we both had the cheese flavored  onion soup..excellent taste, not over salty.. Dh had the short ribs  and I had the tarte,( it was delicious and filling) .  The sommelier assisted with wine selection.   No room for dessert,  so they sent us away with a small box of pastries !

we planned to go back one day for take out "sammies" but did not have time,.,looked great!

Sample Menu

Starters

PÂTÉ DE CAMPAGNE

Homemade Terrine, Pork, Mustard, Chutney, Pickles

MOULES-FRITES

Mussels Steamed with Garlic, White Wine, Thyme, Braised Tomatoes, Fries

ESCARGOT

Fricassee of Escargots , Garlic Herb Butter, Wild Mushrooms

CHÈVRE CRÊPE

Crispy Rolled Crêpe, Roasted Garlic Cream, Arugula, Roasted Tomatoes

Soups & Salads

LOBSTER BISQUE

Tarragon, Puff Pastery

SOUPE A L’OIGNON

Caramelized Onions, French Cheeses, Brioche

LA SALADE “LUTOFF”

Toasted Pine Nuts, Balsamic Vinaigrette

ARUGULA FRISÉE LARDON SALAD

Crispy Pork Belly, Poached Egg, Pickled Shallots and Parmesan

From the Baker’s Oven

CROISSANTS

Plain, Chocolate, Nutella, Almon

BRIOCHE Miniature Braids

SAVORY LOAF FOCACCIA

Roasted Tomato Garlic or Rosemary Parmesan

MADELEINES OF THE DAY
DEMI BAGUETTE
SOURDOUGH LOAF
FOUGASSE OF THE DAY

Entrées

STEAK FRITES

Maitre d’Butter or Bearnaise Sauce

TROUT GRENOBLOISE

Pineapple, Capers, Parsley

ROASTED BABY CHICKEN

Crème fraîche, Potato Purée, Natural Jus

WILD MUSHROOM TART

Wild Mushroom Tarte with Asparagus, Leeks, Roasted Garlic Aioli

GOURMET CHEESE SELECTIONS

Cheese & CHarcuterie

Choose any 2
Choose any 2
Brie Charcuterie
Cantal Jamon de Bayonne
Port Salut Saucisso
Cheese Pork Rillette
ASSIETTE DE FROMAGES

Chef's Selection of Cheese with a glass of Port Wine

P L A T S D U J O U R

- M O N DAY -

SEARED SEA BASS

Lemon, Brown Butter, Capers, Roasted Potatoes

- T U E S DAY -

RACK OF LAMB

Turnip Purée, Baby Végétables, Rosemary Jus

- W E D N E S DAY -

SLOW COOKED DUCK BREAST

Seasonal Fruit Chutney, Orange Confit,

Duck Confit Croustillant

- T H U RS DAY -

CRÊPES CORDON BLEU

Chicken, Ham, Swiss, Topped with Arugula, Cherry Tomatoes, Black Pepper Dressing

- F R I DAY -

CROQUE MONSIEUR & MADAME

Baked Ham Sandwich, Emmental Cheese, Béchamel Cream, Egg

- SAT U R DAY -

COQ AU VIN

Slow Cooked Chicken in Red Wine Jus, Roasted Brussel Sprouts, Potato Purée

- SU N DAY -

SHORT RIB BOURGUIGNON

Braised Beef Short Ribs, Root Végétables, Roasted Potatoes, Morel Mushrooms

Sandwiches

HAM AND CHEESE BAGUETTE SANDWICH

Bibb Lettuce, French Vinaigrette, Heirloom Tomato, Cornichon

TUNA SALAD BAGUETTE SANDWICH

Arugula, Roasted Garlic Aioli, Radish

BRIE AND TURKEY BAGUETTE SANDWICH

Mâche and Cranberry - Apple Dressing

LE BURGER “RICHARD”

Morbier Cheese, Caramelized Onions, Pepper Bacon, Arugula

Beverages

Café Américian............................................................................................$5

Espresso...........................................................................................................$3

Cappuccino.....................................................................................................$5

Fresh Squeeze Juice - Grapefruit / Orange...............................................$4

Arizona Iced Tea.............................................................................................$4

Premium Water...............................................................................................$5

CARAFE SELECTIONS

Côte Mas Blanc, Róse, and Rouge sud Mediterranee

Carafe........................................................................$9.99

1/2 Carafe....................................................................$5

Bottle (1 litter).......................................................$14.99

Q

8 hours ago, Silkroad said:

Katie, I’ll check the port webcam during your sail away. Just imagine us waving our arms and wishing you and Jeff bon voyage😊

You know, I still feel a sense of disbelief whenever I remember she’s gone. We were in our first proper suite (since the advent of Luminae & Michael’s Club) in December, and I kept thinking I’d have to remember to share some odd or amusing occurrence with her, only to feel a jolt of sadness a moment later. Having lost my beloved mother when she was only 60, I can imagine how bereft Henry and the rest of the family must feel. My heart goes out to them🌺

Have a wonderful cruise! Can’t wait to see you in November!

Michelle

We still feel the same sadness....

Hoping to see you all in November on APEX!

• Like 1

Katie, sorry to go off topic, but I just remembered you’d be in an S3 on this cruise. If you have time, would you take photos of your suite and veranda and share them at some later date? No rush. I’ve been hunting for S3 reviews with photos. Alan & I have considered booking one, but we’d like more data😜 I hope you’re having a great time🌺   - Michelle 

Edited by Silkroad

1 hour ago, Silkroad said:

Katie, sorry to go off topic, but I just remembered you’d be in an S3 on this cruise. If you have time, would you take photos of your suite and veranda and share them at some later date? No rush. I’ve been hunting for S3 reviews with photos. Alan & I have considered booking one, but we’d like more data😜 I hope you’re having a great time🌺   - Michelle 

Hi Michelle, I left you a message on our Apex Cruise thread.  

Looking forward to The Grand Bistro for lunch tomorrow.  Katie

• Like 1

Enjoy Grand Bistro..hope you have as enjoyable an experience as we did!

Hope the cruise is great,,.overall!

We were in the Ft Lauderdale area over the weekend but closest thing to cruising was passing by offices for Royal C in Pembroke Pines! We are happily back to the W coast!

We loved the grand bistro on our cruise last January. We skipped to skip lunch in luminae the last day to do it again, that's how much we enjoyed it.

Mussels were amazing. Everything else was as well.

We did an excursion with the chef (Market discovery) and he highly recommended the burger. I did steak frites the first time (which was great) and we met him at Luminae and was disappointed that we did not do the burger. We did that the second time, and he was right. That burger was amazing, best burger at sea for sure...

My husband is a food snob (I can't get him to even set foot in the MDR) and he'd go at the grand bistro for every lunch meals if we could (and some diners as well...)

And yes, a seat by the window is great. We had to wait a little the second time to get one, but it was worth it. We also reserved as the last day, they were extremely busy. They still had a line after lunch closing.

Thanks everyone!  We had lunch in TGB today and it was wonderful.  The lamb chops were far superior to last night’s lamb at Luminae and, Angelhelly, my DH said today’s burger was better than Luminae’s Signature Burger.  We’ll be back tomorrow for the duck and again Saturday for Coq au Vin.

• Like 2