Current Best Beverage Package Prices

vision14k

Ok thank you. It took lots of searches to find it because it wasn’t in the RC app but I finally found it

why do they charge by the day when they throw you off the ship on day 4 at 9 am? Can’t get many drinks in between 6 and 8.

Edited by Mickey527
Found answer

I have done some searching and someone posted on this thread the onboard drink package price. Does anyone else have any ideas of onboard package pricing (Adventure of Seas if that matters). Trying to decide whether to buy it on board on the second (or third?) day-or if that would not really save any money, if much higher onboard.

2 minutes ago, cruise questions said:

Yes I knew it changed per cruise-just wondering ball park and if it would be worth it to wait a day or two to purchase it. 

The pricing on the ship can also change between sailings. Figure $65+ on the ship. You can buy in the planner and if you can get a better deal on the ship (BTW not guaranteed it will be offered after first day), cancel and buy on board.

Edited by Biker19

On 1/11/2020 at 5:07 PM, vision14k said:

I know you can place an order and cancel, just curious though what the best realistic prices are for the package now? My cruise planner is currently at $61 for a 7day on Allure.

Don't look at the price, look at the % off.  25% or 30% off is the best.  Actual prices vary per ship/sailing date, so the % off is the way to look at it.  If it goes down, you can cancel and rebook.

1 hour ago, karena1 said:

Don't look at the price, look at the % off.  25% or 30% off is the best.  Actual prices vary per ship/sailing date, so the % off is the way to look at it.  If it goes down, you can cancel and rebook.

Im sorry but I have to disagree. In my experience Royal uses dynamic pricing and the % off number changes in relation to the on board price. I’ve spent less on something with a lower % off when the on board price was less than a greater % off when the on board price increased. I usually completely ignore the % and go by the straight $$ pppd.

The last roll call I was on...some pone started tracking the cost of things and posted there so everyone could see the trends. Others would post as well to help with tracking. It was helpful.

We go on 10-12 cruises a year.  Every single time I book the package, what I calculate to be the ship price is correct based on the % off.  When I get on the ship I verify that what the ship price is (and it varies by ship) agrees to the % off price I got.  That is why I look at %.  I get 30% off of the ship for being Diamond Plus.  So if the online price does not go down to 30% off I wait until I get on the ship to buy the package.  The price I get on the ship is exactly what I would have gotten online if it was 30% off.  Every ship has a different price, so to look at the $$ doesn't really matter unless you know what that particular ship is showing for the onboard price.  I know Navigator is $82 per person per day.  They sometimes offer the BoGO 50% off the first day (25% off each basically).  But if you look online and it is offering 25% off, it would be $61.50.  So when it went down to 30% off, I bought it as I knew it would be exactly the price I would get if I waited to book until I got on the ship. 

@karena1...gotcha. Makes complete sense with the Diamond Plus discount...something I haven't earned. I know each ship is priced different. I had Mariner and Harmony on the books at the same time...it was like, if we want to go to the Water Park or do any CocoCay activities...definitely do it on Mariner, which was much less expensive than Harmony. Same with the alcoholic drink package. Only the other drink packages seemed to be the same. For me though...I've seen the % change as they are having "sales" but the cost somehow stays the same...I find that frustrating...which is why I also find the need to keep track of the actual $pppd.

• Like 1