Cruise Critic Community

Hi Thread, long time since I've been here!

I understand Splendor is due to be launched next month. Does anyone have any construction/shipyard photos? I'd love to see some! I went back a few pages and haven't seen anything so I hope I'm not repeating anything here! 🙂

On another forum Franck Galzy - GM on the Splendor - posted a brief video of the side of the ship.  Clearly still in the dockyard when he took the video and since it was nighttime you couldn't see much.

I am curious about the schedule too!  Normally there are sea trials and I assume they will be happening soon if they haven't already.   Splendor is on the Barcelona Cruise Port calendar to leave at 1800 on 06 February (as scheduled) but there is no info as to when she arrives at Barcelona.   From the film on the building of Explorer the last few weeks are total mayhem on board - fitting everything out.  I suppose they are into that now.

Shiptracker shows Splendor moored in Ancona at present.  That is where the shipyard is.

Edited by Hambagahle

I got a e-mail message from Graham, the UK managing direct for Regent, saying that he, and presumably other invited guests, would be boarding Splendor on 2nd February for a cruise from Ancona to Barcelona.

not going at full speed it would seem, but perhaps they are going to practice a few port landings on the journey.

Edited by Belfast Taxman

Now that makes a LOT of sense because I have seen an outline (on a website for crew members) with some ports between Ancona and Barcelona.   What I saw were stops in Civitavecchia, Livornia, Monte Carlo and then Barcelona.   However there is no record of the Splendor on the cruise port schedules for those ports until 6 Feb in Barcelona at 1800 when she sails on the "inaugural" cruise to Miami.   IF they are leaving Ancona on 2 Feb they won't be stopping at all those ports.

Sea trials are something else.  I don't think they can board any passengers (even staff members from the cruise line) without a certificate of seaworthiness which the ship gets after the sea trials.  Look at the Explorer video!

We are scheduled to board Splendor on 6Feb in   Barcelona for the inaugural/maiden voyage.  Have seen many photos posted by crew "friends" on Facebook.  Can't wait. 

Some crew members from Voyager were leaving the ship in Sydney on Jan 7th,  joining Splendor to make sure it's ready for it's inaugural cruise on Feb 6. Bon Voyage to those on board. We have to wait until 2021.

From the photos, etc that Regent has put out look pretty good.  We board the ship April 1st and looking forward to a very nice cruise with top notch service.  Should be an enjoyable trip, a few friends we've met on other cruises will be on the same cruise(s) we'll be on (a b2b).

6 hours ago, ronrick1943 said:

From the photos, etc that Regent has put out look pretty good.  We board the ship April 1st and looking forward to a very nice cruise with top notch service.  Should be an enjoyable trip, a few friends we've met on other cruises will be on the same cruise(s) we'll be on (a b2b).

Which photos?  All I have seen is Franck's video which is just of the outside, and at night too!

23 hours ago, Hambagahle said:

Which photos?  All I have seen is Franck's video which is just of the outside, and at night too!

I was talking about the photos that Regent has post--some drawings, etc.