I’m looking to take family of 4 on a 5 day cruise either in Nov or Dec.

originally was planning to do 7 to get on Symphony however decided on 5 and stay down at South Beach for 3 days...  

Looking for insight in this ship. Understand it is an older ship however I believe it is getting an overhaul this year. We like newer looking rooms.

dies anyone know if they are remodeling rooms or just the exterior type of things?

lastly, would you recommend? Looking at cabin on aft (8690, 7388 type of rooms...) kids are 4 and 8.

forgot to add, my parents are going as well so we will be getting a connecting cabin.

thanks

Exisiting staterooms are not fully remodeled.  They are updated as the company deems necessary, replacing things like carpeting, draperies, furniture, etc.

If you select an aft facing stateroom, there will be ship superstructure in your view.  The higher you go, the less obstruction.  Note that neither 8690 nor 7388 connect with any other stateroom.

7 minutes ago, Cnote74 said:

Thanks...  outside of the symphony, what are the other newer ships that will have updated rooms?

These ships had a dry dock in 2019: Navigator, Grandeur, Voyager, and Oasis.

1 hour ago, Cnote74 said:

I’m looking to take family of 4 on a 5 day cruise either in Nov or Dec.

originally was planning to do 7 to get on Symphony however decided on 5 and stay down at South Beach for 3 days...  

Looking for insight in this ship. Understand it is an older ship however I believe it is getting an overhaul this year. We like newer looking rooms.

dies anyone know if they are remodeling rooms or just the exterior type of things?

lastly, would you recommend? Looking at cabin on aft (8690, 7388 type of rooms...) kids are 4 and 8.

forgot to add, my parents are going as well so we will be getting a connecting cabin.

thanks

Our balcony cabin on Explorer in October 2019 looked smarter than our balcony cabin on Independence (cabin not redecorated during refit) in May 2019.

3 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Our balcony cabin on Explorer in October 2019 looked smarter than our balcony cabin on Independence (cabin not redecorated during refit) in May 2019.

Our Explorer balcony cabin 8250 in October 2019.

IMG_20191007_140806.jpg

We're booked on Explorer, departing from Miami, for the 5-night to Labadee and Nassau, beginning November 29th; then, staying on board for the following 9-night to the southern Caribbean with family/friends. We prefer the Promenade cabins on Deck 8 on that class of ship when cruising with friends, so we can look down at our designated gathering place (the Pub)! Maybe we'll see you on board!