Princess Senior Ship Staff, inc Cruise Directors & Entertainment Directors

CCHelp

15 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

CD Marcus joins the Enchanted tomorrow. 

Not sure we have ever sailed with Marcus.  Doesn't ring a bell, but then we actually don't seem to get to know them that much anymore.  It's not like 30 years ago when the ships were smaller and the CD's were out and about, mingling and more visible.

On 1/18/2022 at 10:45 AM, jwattle said:

Who is it? 🙂

A poster on this thread last month said the new CD would be Natalie Costa, perhaps most famous as the CD aboard the ill-fated Diamond Princess at the onset of the COVID crisis.  She was much praised at the time for her good cheer and professionalism during incredibly adverse circumstances.

• Like 2

On my JourneyView for the January 31 Ruby Princess sailing there's an event that says DuVual is the cruise director.  Not sure if he is back, or if it is just a typo.  I won't find out until the 31st!  I hope he is the CD, he was great!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, esstheman said:

A poster on this thread last month said the new CD would be Natalie Costa, perhaps most famous as the CD aboard the ill-fated Diamond Princess at the onset of the COVID crisis.  She was much praised at the time for her good cheer and professionalism during incredibly adverse circumstances.

She's currently on the Regal. 

7 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

CD Callie has joined the Grand.  Maybe Steve was there for the interim? (he joined in late December)  Or multiple CD's for Hawaii cruises just in case?

We loved Callie....def one of our favorites!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, kamelia said:

I have appreciated the information you've shared, Vickie! I find that knowing ahead of time who's going to be onboard just adds a special element to a cruise I'm already looking forward to, so thank you!

I 100% agree!!  Please continue to share your knowledge with us and don't waste your breath on people like that.

• Like 3

On 1/23/2022 at 8:10 AM, vickie_bernie said:

Nathalie Elaine transhipped and is joining the Majestic.  

Aaron Hawkins is CD on Regal now 

Thanks for that info. Don’t think I have sailed with Aaron Hawkins yet  

Looking forward to hearing you on the Regal on the 2/26 sailing. 

• Like 2

If you're on the Emerald over the next couple months, keep an eye open on the platter to see if Jody Myles is singing with the band. She did it for the very first time last week, and it was actually my favorite performance of the entire cruise. She does about 30 minutes of jazz standards in the Wheelhouse Bar (along with a couple Norah Jones songs). Great voice!

• Like 1

On 2/1/2022 at 8:13 PM, alanstarr said:

If you're on the Emerald over the next couple months, keep an eye open on the platter to see if Jody Myles is singing with the band. She did it for the very first time last week, and it was actually my favorite performance of the entire cruise. She does about 30 minutes of jazz standards in the Wheelhouse Bar (along with a couple Norah Jones songs). Great voice!

Thanks for the info. We are on the Emerald in May.

48 minutes ago, CruzinNoony said:

It was posted that DuVaul Gamble will be the CD of the Discovery.  What are the thoughts about him as a CD?  We've never had him.

We have really enjoyed cruising with DuVaul, and think he's a great addition to the list of Princess Cruise Directors!  He has a terrific sense of humor and always seems genuine in wanting to be sure that everyone onboard has as much fun as he's having.  If you watched any of the Princess videos on (the website that's not supposed to be mentioned by name) during the pause, you may have seen him hosting some of the audience participation game shows that were being held virtually.  I hope you'll enjoy having him onboard with you, too!

1 hour ago, broadwaycam said:

Does anyone know if Martyn Moss was the assistant cruise director on Ruby Princess back in 2010? I know the assistant we had was a Martyn and he was fabulous. Curious if it was him and if he still is a cruise director for Princess?

I’m lucky if I can remember the ACD on my last cruise …. let alone from 10 years ago 😹😹