Hooked included in Dining package?

lbt43

• Clarea changed the title to Hooked included in Dining package?
1 hour ago, Cel_cruise said:

When did Hooked become an ala carte restaurant with limits?   Is this only certain ships? I thought it was straight up included? 

Sorry for the bad info.  If Hooked is fixed price, then it will be included in the package.  I noticed some costs for extra oysters and thought it was a la carte.

From our experience on Symphony, Hooked has a fixed price full menu, is included in the dining package and can be used with crown and anchor BOGO Dining benefits.

They also have some daily a la  carte bar specials. Most are in the $10 and under range. 

enjoy

m

10 minutes ago, Sherri914 said:

I've never done the ultimate dining package, but i'm thinking about it for a future cruise.  How does it work?   I see some folks referring to fixed price vs a-la-carte...    If you buy the UDP is it not really unlimited?  

UDP doesn't cover the upcharge items at the cover fee restaurants.  You can visit the restaurants as many times as you like as long as there is availability.  You can only order one entree at each visit but you get unlimited apps/desserts/sides.

At the ala carte restaurants you get an allowance for each visit:  $35 at Izumi sushi, $20 at Playmakers and Portside BBQ.

You can do Izumi hibachi for a $10 upcharge on the UDP.

Is Playmakers a place that someone could go, hang out for several hours watching football, and order off an appetizer menu?  We will be cruising during football season - wondering what the options are for my husband to be able to enjoy games. 

JMO so no need to jump on me, I liken Hooked to a Red Lobster.  It's okay but nothing special.  The food is just alright.  If I was on the UDP I would probably go back for lunch but I would not waste a dinner on it.

Of course dining is so subjective.  YMMV.  

8 minutes ago, Sherri914 said:

Is Playmakers a place that someone could go, hang out for several hours watching football, and order off an appetizer menu?  We will be cruising during football season - wondering what the options are for my husband to be able to enjoy games. 

Yes - You can just hang  at Playmakers.     It  is crowded during football  games and other sporting events.  No need to order off the menu, unless you want to.  Many are simply having a drink, and some are just in there  to  watch a game.

Viewing varies by ship.  Years ago we boarded Allure  on  a (football) Sunday and an afternoon game was on the Aqua theater screen.  Another ship (Freedom)  played college bowls  on the large pool screen.  We sailed during World Cup  on Majesty and they had the  game showing in the theater.    Majesty has some screens in the Schooner bar. Super bowl  games ( Enchantment)  are shown in several venues on the ship. 

Hope this helps.

M  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sherri914 said:

Yes- we did this 🙂. And, if you have the drink package, you can use it there

• Like 1