Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
koalas2

Transfers at Southampton

For those who are looking for independent companies that offer transfers I can recommend a company that I used in May of 2017.

In addition to transfers to Heathrow they offer day trips to places like the cotswolds and at the end of the day will return you and your luggage directly to your hotel in London or Heathrow.

I took a transfer from Heathrow to Southampton with a very nice stop at Stonehenge, they were on time and very courteous and friendly.

Internationalfriends.com.uk

I hope you all enjoy the cruise

Edited by koalas2

8 hours ago, koalas2 said:

For those who are looking for independent companies that offer transfers I can recommend a company that I used in May of 2017.

In addition to transfers to Heathrow they offer day trips to places like the cotswolds and at the end of the day will return you and your luggage directly to your hotel in London or Heathrow.

I took a transfer from Heathrow to Southampton with a very nice stop at Stonehenge, they were on time and very courteous and friendly.

Internationalfriends.com.uk

I hope you all enjoy the cruise

Great stuff, we have used them too.

Perhaps post this in the UK forum. Not sure why it has turned up here in the Australian and NZ cruisers forum.

13 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Great stuff, we have used them too.

Perhaps post this in the UK forum. Not sure why it has turned up here in the Australian and NZ cruisers forum.

Thanks, posted to the wrong cruise I was unable to delete see you on the Jewel

4 hours ago, koalas2 said:

Thanks, posted to the wrong cruise I was unable to delete see you on the Jewel

Are you doing the Baltic in July as well.

National Express do a good transfer, cost us about 15 quid each, Southampton  Coach Station to LHR.

Edited by NSWP

48 minutes ago, NSWP said:

National Express do a good transfer, cost us about 15 quid each, Southampton  Coach Station to LHR.

I am planning on taking National Express from London to board my next UK cruise.

19 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

I am planning on taking National Express from London to board my next UK cruise.

A nice transfer, they use good coaches too, generally only 1 or 2 stops enroute.   Just under 2 hrs, easy. Above all enjoy.

Edited by NSWP

19 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

28 minutes ago, NSWP said:

A nice transfer, they use good coaches too, generally only 1 or 2 stops enroute.   Just under 2 hrs, easy. Above all enjoy.

Another advantage is that you are up high in the bus and get a great view of the countryside from London to Southhampton. 

1 hour ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

Another advantage is that you are up high in the bus and get a great view of the countryside from London to Southhampton. 

We have used National Express many times,  airport to airport as well as to Southampton their service is excellent and very affordable.  Months before I book online I sign up for their offers email and also go hunting for discount codes, hey I'm a Scot if there's savings to be had ... I WILL find them .... 😇😁  

55 minutes ago, badgerbill said:

We have used National Express many times,  airport to airport as well as to Southampton their service is excellent and very affordable.  Months before I book online I sign up for their offers email and also go hunting for discount codes, hey I'm a Scot if there's savings to be had ... I WILL find them .... 😇😁  

Ha ha  Agree National Express provide an excellent service.  

I'm also a Scot, so join everything I'm thinking of travelling on or staying at overseas.

2 hours ago, badgerbill said:

And being a Scot no doubt you visit these eating establishments in the 'old country.  I saw one in Glasgow, at the Square.greggs.jpg.61e43735cad7234b043f75efc1e2dbe0.jpg1332652074_th(1)pie.jpg.b63d8ff09d02476478571fa4083c5e64.jpg

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

And being a Scot no doubt you visit these eating establishments in the 'old country.  I saw one in Glasgow, at the Square.greggs.jpg.61e43735cad7234b043f75efc1e2dbe0.jpg1332652074_th(1)pie.jpg.b63d8ff09d02476478571fa4083c5e64.jpg

No I missed the pleasure of eating at Greggs when I was in Glasgow.  Is that a pie?  I did eat well though at a different country's restaurant each day.  

That’s a no from me as well Les, I am more of  your Frankie and Bennys or  Toby Carvery  girl ...will admit to loving a  good haggis at breakfast 😋😊🤣🤣

48 minutes ago, badgerbill said:

That’s a no from me as well Les, I am more of  your Frankie and Bennys or  Toby Carvery  girl ...will admit to loving a  good haggis at breakfast 😋😊🤣🤣

I had a Scottish buffet breakfast with haggis and black pudding each day.  Was better than I remembered. 

3 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

The London toolkit is a really handy site for visits - https://www.londontoolkit.com/

especially with transfer options.

Bookmarked that link. Could come in handy one day.

International friends have their transfers in there, we had a late flight out of Heathrow last visit so transferred there via Bath, and Lacock and such, with a pub lunch as well.

17 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

No I missed the pleasure of eating at Greggs when I was in Glasgow.  Is that a pie?  I did eat well though at a different country's restaurant each day.  

Indeed it is a Scottish Pie, as sold at Greggs.

16 hours ago, badgerbill said:

Toby Carvery's in UK do a good Full English...had a few of these.th.jpg.3605a3590a808a7e289760809af65754.jpg

Maybe our Aussie pies mightn't be so original after all.

I remember my grandmother used to buy an English pie in a tin.

15 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

I had a Scottish buffet breakfast with haggis and black pudding each day.  Was better than I remembered. 

Hand held Scottish brekkie.mars.jpg.a53970f6f77409c9e2bdd7bcecd53ec2.jpgDeep fried Mars Bar.

7 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Maybe our Aussie pies mightn't be so original after all.

I remember my grandmother used to buy an English pie in a tin.

Fray Bentos? Still available in Woolies.

fb pie.jpg

Edited by NSWP

Just now, NSWP said:

Fray Bentos? Still available n Woolies.

Yes.  Does it help to be British to buy it?

Just now, MMDown Under said:

Yes.  Does it help to be British to buy it?

Of course, just don't produce your pound sterling, Woolies only take AUD.

fb pie.jpg